Wednesday, December 21, 2016
TeleXitos, the national Spanish-language multicast network that delivers action-adventure series and feature films without subtitles, announced that Airwolf and Knight Rider will air on the network for the first time beginning Monday, January 2, 2017. Airwolf will kick off TeleXitos' primetime hour at 8 PM ET / 7 PM CT and Knight Rider will follow at 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT. Making their Spanish-language debut in the United States, Airwolf tells the story of "Stringfellow Hawke," a renegade pilot that makes a deal with the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to find his missing brother. Originally aired in 1984 and starring Jan-Michael Vincent, the show's major player is the high-tech military designed helicopter, "Airwolf" operated by Stringfellow Hawke and his operatives on their espionage missions.
The 1980's classic show, Knight Rider, starring David Hasselhoff in his breakout role as a crime fighter, features the fan-favorite artificially intelligent Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, KITT. The series made its original debut on NBC in 1982 and aired for four years. Viewers can tune in to TeleXitos to watch Michael Knight and KITT take down criminals who operate above the law. Launched in December 2014, TeleXitos features action-adventure programming in Spanish-language, without subtitles. The network is available in 21 markets, including Los Angeles (KVEA), New York (WNJU), Miami (WSCV), Houston (KTMD), Dallas-Fort Worth (KXTX), Chicago (WSNS), San Antonio (KVDA), San Francisco Bay Area (KXTX), Phoenix (KTAZ), Harlingen (KTLM), Sacramento (KCSO), Fresno (KNSO), Philadelphia (WWSI), Denver (KDEN), Boston (WNEU), Atlanta (WKTB), Las Vegas (KBLR), Tucson (KHRR), Hartford (WRDM), Salt Lake City (KTMW). Additionally, viewers in West Palm Beach (FL) market will be able to watch the new TeleXitos programming over-the-air or on Xfinity channel 229.
TBS's hit comedy series The Detour is making its way back for its second season, slated to launch with back-to-back episodes on Tuesday, Feb. 21, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT). Created, written and executive-produced by Jason Jones and Samantha Bee, The Detour stars Jones, along with Natalie Zea, Ashley Gerasimovich, Liam Carroll and Daniella Pineda. During the second season of this all-too-honest look at the family dynamic, Nate (Jones) receives a promising job opportunity, and the family moves to New York City for a fresh start. Everyone is excited except for Robin (Zea), who knows that a move to the big city means her mysterious past may catch up with her. While Nate and Robin adjust to new jobs, new neighbors and old flames, Jared (Carroll) and Delilah (Gerasimovich) dive headfirst into the awkwardness of adolescence. Despite questionable parenting and terrible decisions, the love the Parkers have for each other will keep the family intact as they endure another disastrous adventure.
The second season of The Detour will feature a number of special guests, including series executive producer and co-creator Samantha Bee, as well as James Cromwell, John Oliver, Laura Benanti, Jeffrey Vincent Parise and Max Casella. The second season of The Detour is executive-produced by Jason Jones, Samantha Bee, Brennan Shroff and Tony Hernandez.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.