Wednesday, November 25, 2015
TV One is heating things up this winter with the return of its hit sitcom Born Again Virgin on Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 9pm ET/PT. The scripted comedy is back with more dating adventures of three 30-something best friends and the challenges they face while attempting to navigate a new romantic landscape and trying to avoid the pitfalls of empty relationships. And today (Wednesday, Nov. 25), TV One is offering fans an opportunity to spend the day looking back at Jenna (Danielle Nicolet), her besties Kelly (Meagan Holder) and Tara (Eva Marcille) by catching up on all of the hilarious moments from the summer season with a Born Again Virgin marathon (10am-5pm ET/PT). In addition, TV One is also celebrating "Happy Tanks-giving" during the marathon (2-5pm ET/PT) with special back-to-back episodes featuring Durrell "Tank" Babbs, who plays Donovan, the hottie who lives across the hall.
Born Again Virgin returns to find that Jenna has miraculously kept busy blogging about her newly adopted sex-fast and has yet to fall off the wagon. From boys to bosses, best friend Kelly has been frustrated in every way imaginable - but in true-Kelly fashion, has taken control and launched her own public relations firm successfully. Tara continues to pursue her dream acting gig, but after becoming the leading lady in her new fiancé's life, has to reevaluate what role she wants to take center stage in her life. Donovan has taken residence in the "friend zone," but as his relationship with Jenna evolves, he realizes their friendship has benefits worth nurturing. In the mid-season premiere, a celebration for Kelly's favorite aunt's 100th birthday turns into a serendipitous encounter with a host of characters including a sweet elderly woman who shares her decade's long love story with Jenna, a retired stage performer who challenges Tara to respect her craft, and Rick, who Kelly seems to think has changed for the better.
TVOne.tv will also feature "Cuffing While Celibate," a month-long digital companion to Born Again Virgin. Each week, the blog, written by Panama Jackson from Very Smart Brothas, will provide a dating regimen for those practicing physical or emotional celibacy during the fall and winter months. Known as "cuffing season," fall and winter are the primetime for beginning and maintaining relationships. Content featured on "Cuffing While Celibate" is aimed to help viewers navigate the waters of dating and intimacy without indulging in the physical side of romance.
ABC Family announced their Tuesday and Wednesday winter premieres, now we have a new date for the Monday premieres for you. New scripted drama Recovery Road and fan favorite The Fosters will now premiere on Monday, January 25, 2016 (instead of Jan. 18). These series join previously announced January premieres for Pretty Little Liars and Shadowhunters on Jan. 12, and February 3 premieres for Young & Hungry and Baby Daddy. ABC Family is becoming Freeform in January 2016. The critically-acclaimed family drama, "The Fosters," returns with new episodes on Monday, January 25 at 8:00 pm ET/PT. As the third season of "The Fosters" continues, the family settles into a new dynamic now that Callie is permanently adopted. Callie and Brandon share a significant secret, but focus on their interests to help them move on with their lives. Guest stars this season include Rosie O'Donnell, Annie Potts, Rob Morrow, and Kelli Williams.
Recovery Road, premieres on Monday, January 25 at 9:00 pm ET/PT. Based on the popular young adult novel by Blake Nelson, focuses on a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Maddie has a reputation as a party girl who doesn't think she has a problem, until she's confronted one day by her school guidance counselor and is forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie makes the difficult decision to live with other recovering addicts at a sober living facility while facing the daily pressures of her teenage life. Recovery Road stars Jessica Sula, Alexis Carra, Sebastian De Souza, Daniel Franzese, Sharon Leal, Kyla Pratt, and David Witts.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.