Wednesday, November 25, 2015
TV One is heating things up this winter with the return of its hit sitcom Born Again Virgin on Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 9pm ET/PT. The scripted comedy is back with more dating adventures of three 30-something best friends and the challenges they face while attempting to navigate a new romantic landscape and trying to avoid the pitfalls of empty relationships. And today (Wednesday, Nov. 25), TV One is offering fans an opportunity to spend the day looking back at Jenna (Danielle Nicolet), her besties Kelly (Meagan Holder) and Tara (Eva Marcille) by catching up on all of the hilarious moments from the summer season with a Born Again Virgin marathon (10am-5pm ET/PT). In addition, TV One is also celebrating "Happy Tanks-giving" during the marathon (2-5pm ET/PT) with special back-to-back episodes featuring Durrell "Tank" Babbs, who plays Donovan, the hottie who lives across the hall.
Born Again Virgin returns to find that Jenna has miraculously kept busy blogging about her newly adopted sex-fast and has yet to fall off the wagon. From boys to bosses, best friend Kelly has been frustrated in every way imaginable - but in true-Kelly fashion, has taken control and launched her own public relations firm successfully. Tara continues to pursue her dream acting gig, but after becoming the leading lady in her new fiancé's life, has to reevaluate what role she wants to take center stage in her life. Donovan has taken residence in the "friend zone," but as his relationship with Jenna evolves, he realizes their friendship has benefits worth nurturing. In the mid-season premiere, a celebration for Kelly's favorite aunt's 100th birthday turns into a serendipitous encounter with a host of characters including a sweet elderly woman who shares her decade's long love story with Jenna, a retired stage performer who challenges Tara to respect her craft, and Rick, who Kelly seems to think has changed for the better.
TVOne.tv will also feature "Cuffing While Celibate," a month-long digital companion to Born Again Virgin. Each week, the blog, written by Panama Jackson from Very Smart Brothas, will provide a dating regimen for those practicing physical or emotional celibacy during the fall and winter months. Known as "cuffing season," fall and winter are the primetime for beginning and maintaining relationships. Content featured on "Cuffing While Celibate" is aimed to help viewers navigate the waters of dating and intimacy without indulging in the physical side of romance.
ABC Family announced their Tuesday and Wednesday winter premieres, now we have a new date for the Monday premieres for you. New scripted drama Recovery Road and fan favorite The Fosters will now premiere on Monday, January 25, 2016 (instead of Jan. 18). These series join previously announced January premieres for Pretty Little Liars and Shadowhunters on Jan. 12, and February 3 premieres for Young & Hungry and Baby Daddy. ABC Family is becoming Freeform in January 2016. The critically-acclaimed family drama, "The Fosters," returns with new episodes on Monday, January 25 at 8:00 pm ET/PT. As the third season of "The Fosters" continues, the family settles into a new dynamic now that Callie is permanently adopted. Callie and Brandon share a significant secret, but focus on their interests to help them move on with their lives. Guest stars this season include Rosie O'Donnell, Annie Potts, Rob Morrow, and Kelli Williams.
Recovery Road, premieres on Monday, January 25 at 9:00 pm ET/PT. Based on the popular young adult novel by Blake Nelson, focuses on a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Maddie has a reputation as a party girl who doesn't think she has a problem, until she's confronted one day by her school guidance counselor and is forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie makes the difficult decision to live with other recovering addicts at a sober living facility while facing the daily pressures of her teenage life. Recovery Road stars Jessica Sula, Alexis Carra, Sebastian De Souza, Daniel Franzese, Sharon Leal, Kyla Pratt, and David Witts.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.