Wednesday, November 25, 2015
TV One is heating things up this winter with the return of its hit sitcom Born Again Virgin on Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 9pm ET/PT. The scripted comedy is back with more dating adventures of three 30-something best friends and the challenges they face while attempting to navigate a new romantic landscape and trying to avoid the pitfalls of empty relationships. And today (Wednesday, Nov. 25), TV One is offering fans an opportunity to spend the day looking back at Jenna (Danielle Nicolet), her besties Kelly (Meagan Holder) and Tara (Eva Marcille) by catching up on all of the hilarious moments from the summer season with a Born Again Virgin marathon (10am-5pm ET/PT). In addition, TV One is also celebrating "Happy Tanks-giving" during the marathon (2-5pm ET/PT) with special back-to-back episodes featuring Durrell "Tank" Babbs, who plays Donovan, the hottie who lives across the hall.
Born Again Virgin returns to find that Jenna has miraculously kept busy blogging about her newly adopted sex-fast and has yet to fall off the wagon. From boys to bosses, best friend Kelly has been frustrated in every way imaginable - but in true-Kelly fashion, has taken control and launched her own public relations firm successfully. Tara continues to pursue her dream acting gig, but after becoming the leading lady in her new fiancé's life, has to reevaluate what role she wants to take center stage in her life. Donovan has taken residence in the "friend zone," but as his relationship with Jenna evolves, he realizes their friendship has benefits worth nurturing. In the mid-season premiere, a celebration for Kelly's favorite aunt's 100th birthday turns into a serendipitous encounter with a host of characters including a sweet elderly woman who shares her decade's long love story with Jenna, a retired stage performer who challenges Tara to respect her craft, and Rick, who Kelly seems to think has changed for the better.
TVOne.tv will also feature "Cuffing While Celibate," a month-long digital companion to Born Again Virgin. Each week, the blog, written by Panama Jackson from Very Smart Brothas, will provide a dating regimen for those practicing physical or emotional celibacy during the fall and winter months. Known as "cuffing season," fall and winter are the primetime for beginning and maintaining relationships. Content featured on "Cuffing While Celibate" is aimed to help viewers navigate the waters of dating and intimacy without indulging in the physical side of romance.
ABC Family announced their Tuesday and Wednesday winter premieres, now we have a new date for the Monday premieres for you. New scripted drama Recovery Road and fan favorite The Fosters will now premiere on Monday, January 25, 2016 (instead of Jan. 18). These series join previously announced January premieres for Pretty Little Liars and Shadowhunters on Jan. 12, and February 3 premieres for Young & Hungry and Baby Daddy. ABC Family is becoming Freeform in January 2016. The critically-acclaimed family drama, "The Fosters," returns with new episodes on Monday, January 25 at 8:00 pm ET/PT. As the third season of "The Fosters" continues, the family settles into a new dynamic now that Callie is permanently adopted. Callie and Brandon share a significant secret, but focus on their interests to help them move on with their lives. Guest stars this season include Rosie O'Donnell, Annie Potts, Rob Morrow, and Kelli Williams.
Recovery Road, premieres on Monday, January 25 at 9:00 pm ET/PT. Based on the popular young adult novel by Blake Nelson, focuses on a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Maddie has a reputation as a party girl who doesn't think she has a problem, until she's confronted one day by her school guidance counselor and is forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie makes the difficult decision to live with other recovering addicts at a sober living facility while facing the daily pressures of her teenage life. Recovery Road stars Jessica Sula, Alexis Carra, Sebastian De Souza, Daniel Franzese, Sharon Leal, Kyla Pratt, and David Witts.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.