Wednesday, November 25, 2015
TV One is heating things up this winter with the return of its hit sitcom Born Again Virgin on Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 9pm ET/PT. The scripted comedy is back with more dating adventures of three 30-something best friends and the challenges they face while attempting to navigate a new romantic landscape and trying to avoid the pitfalls of empty relationships. And today (Wednesday, Nov. 25), TV One is offering fans an opportunity to spend the day looking back at Jenna (Danielle Nicolet), her besties Kelly (Meagan Holder) and Tara (Eva Marcille) by catching up on all of the hilarious moments from the summer season with a Born Again Virgin marathon (10am-5pm ET/PT). In addition, TV One is also celebrating "Happy Tanks-giving" during the marathon (2-5pm ET/PT) with special back-to-back episodes featuring Durrell "Tank" Babbs, who plays Donovan, the hottie who lives across the hall.
Born Again Virgin returns to find that Jenna has miraculously kept busy blogging about her newly adopted sex-fast and has yet to fall off the wagon. From boys to bosses, best friend Kelly has been frustrated in every way imaginable - but in true-Kelly fashion, has taken control and launched her own public relations firm successfully. Tara continues to pursue her dream acting gig, but after becoming the leading lady in her new fiancé's life, has to reevaluate what role she wants to take center stage in her life. Donovan has taken residence in the "friend zone," but as his relationship with Jenna evolves, he realizes their friendship has benefits worth nurturing. In the mid-season premiere, a celebration for Kelly's favorite aunt's 100th birthday turns into a serendipitous encounter with a host of characters including a sweet elderly woman who shares her decade's long love story with Jenna, a retired stage performer who challenges Tara to respect her craft, and Rick, who Kelly seems to think has changed for the better.
TVOne.tv will also feature "Cuffing While Celibate," a month-long digital companion to Born Again Virgin. Each week, the blog, written by Panama Jackson from Very Smart Brothas, will provide a dating regimen for those practicing physical or emotional celibacy during the fall and winter months. Known as "cuffing season," fall and winter are the primetime for beginning and maintaining relationships. Content featured on "Cuffing While Celibate" is aimed to help viewers navigate the waters of dating and intimacy without indulging in the physical side of romance.
ABC Family announced their Tuesday and Wednesday winter premieres, now we have a new date for the Monday premieres for you. New scripted drama Recovery Road and fan favorite The Fosters will now premiere on Monday, January 25, 2016 (instead of Jan. 18). These series join previously announced January premieres for Pretty Little Liars and Shadowhunters on Jan. 12, and February 3 premieres for Young & Hungry and Baby Daddy. ABC Family is becoming Freeform in January 2016. The critically-acclaimed family drama, "The Fosters," returns with new episodes on Monday, January 25 at 8:00 pm ET/PT. As the third season of "The Fosters" continues, the family settles into a new dynamic now that Callie is permanently adopted. Callie and Brandon share a significant secret, but focus on their interests to help them move on with their lives. Guest stars this season include Rosie O'Donnell, Annie Potts, Rob Morrow, and Kelli Williams.
Recovery Road, premieres on Monday, January 25 at 9:00 pm ET/PT. Based on the popular young adult novel by Blake Nelson, focuses on a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Maddie has a reputation as a party girl who doesn't think she has a problem, until she's confronted one day by her school guidance counselor and is forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie makes the difficult decision to live with other recovering addicts at a sober living facility while facing the daily pressures of her teenage life. Recovery Road stars Jessica Sula, Alexis Carra, Sebastian De Souza, Daniel Franzese, Sharon Leal, Kyla Pratt, and David Witts.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.