Wednesday, November 25, 2015
TV One is heating things up this winter with the return of its hit sitcom Born Again Virgin on Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 9pm ET/PT. The scripted comedy is back with more dating adventures of three 30-something best friends and the challenges they face while attempting to navigate a new romantic landscape and trying to avoid the pitfalls of empty relationships. And today (Wednesday, Nov. 25), TV One is offering fans an opportunity to spend the day looking back at Jenna (Danielle Nicolet), her besties Kelly (Meagan Holder) and Tara (Eva Marcille) by catching up on all of the hilarious moments from the summer season with a Born Again Virgin marathon (10am-5pm ET/PT). In addition, TV One is also celebrating "Happy Tanks-giving" during the marathon (2-5pm ET/PT) with special back-to-back episodes featuring Durrell "Tank" Babbs, who plays Donovan, the hottie who lives across the hall.
Born Again Virgin returns to find that Jenna has miraculously kept busy blogging about her newly adopted sex-fast and has yet to fall off the wagon. From boys to bosses, best friend Kelly has been frustrated in every way imaginable - but in true-Kelly fashion, has taken control and launched her own public relations firm successfully. Tara continues to pursue her dream acting gig, but after becoming the leading lady in her new fiancé's life, has to reevaluate what role she wants to take center stage in her life. Donovan has taken residence in the "friend zone," but as his relationship with Jenna evolves, he realizes their friendship has benefits worth nurturing. In the mid-season premiere, a celebration for Kelly's favorite aunt's 100th birthday turns into a serendipitous encounter with a host of characters including a sweet elderly woman who shares her decade's long love story with Jenna, a retired stage performer who challenges Tara to respect her craft, and Rick, who Kelly seems to think has changed for the better.
TVOne.tv will also feature "Cuffing While Celibate," a month-long digital companion to Born Again Virgin. Each week, the blog, written by Panama Jackson from Very Smart Brothas, will provide a dating regimen for those practicing physical or emotional celibacy during the fall and winter months. Known as "cuffing season," fall and winter are the primetime for beginning and maintaining relationships. Content featured on "Cuffing While Celibate" is aimed to help viewers navigate the waters of dating and intimacy without indulging in the physical side of romance.
ABC Family announced their Tuesday and Wednesday winter premieres, now we have a new date for the Monday premieres for you. New scripted drama Recovery Road and fan favorite The Fosters will now premiere on Monday, January 25, 2016 (instead of Jan. 18). These series join previously announced January premieres for Pretty Little Liars and Shadowhunters on Jan. 12, and February 3 premieres for Young & Hungry and Baby Daddy. ABC Family is becoming Freeform in January 2016. The critically-acclaimed family drama, "The Fosters," returns with new episodes on Monday, January 25 at 8:00 pm ET/PT. As the third season of "The Fosters" continues, the family settles into a new dynamic now that Callie is permanently adopted. Callie and Brandon share a significant secret, but focus on their interests to help them move on with their lives. Guest stars this season include Rosie O'Donnell, Annie Potts, Rob Morrow, and Kelli Williams.
Recovery Road, premieres on Monday, January 25 at 9:00 pm ET/PT. Based on the popular young adult novel by Blake Nelson, focuses on a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Maddie has a reputation as a party girl who doesn't think she has a problem, until she's confronted one day by her school guidance counselor and is forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie makes the difficult decision to live with other recovering addicts at a sober living facility while facing the daily pressures of her teenage life. Recovery Road stars Jessica Sula, Alexis Carra, Sebastian De Souza, Daniel Franzese, Sharon Leal, Kyla Pratt, and David Witts.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 23
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Bob's Burgers - "Zero Lap Thirty" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Linda wins a contest to spend a dream weekend at the home where her favorite television show is filmed, things don’t go quite as planned. Back at home, Teddy’s back problems leave him stuck on the floor.
Bob's Burgers - "The Laser-inth" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gene accompanies Bob on the last-ever rock-and-roll laser show at the planetarium, but the night takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Linda takes the girls out for dinner and Louise has a surprise revelation.
Making History - "The Godfriender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dan, Deb and Chris find themselves stuck in 1920s Chicago, with Al Capone (guest star Tim Robinson) holding their time travel bag hostage. Chris opts for a play-it-safe plan, using history to take out Capone, while Dan and Deb befriend him instead. As they teach him how to be a better mobster – and husband – they quickly realize that proving their loyalty may not be as easy as they thought.
Family Guy - "Hot Shots" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In order to “save” Stewie from autism, Peter and Lois decide not to vaccinate him and then proceed to convince the rest of Quahog to follow suit. Stewie runs away to save himself from diseases until Sean Penn (guest-voicing as himself) swoops in to save the day and brings vaccines to the whole town.
The Last Man on Earth - "Name 20 Picnics...Now!" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The gang throws a huge celebration canvassing every major holiday, but Tandy and Todd’s bro-mance hits a rough patch that threatens to end the fun.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.