Monday, November 16, 2015
The A-Team is coming to Encore Classic at the end of the year! Close out 2015 with B.A. Baracus and gang as The A-Team will have a 24-hour marathon beginning at 7pm ET on New Year's Eve running into New Year's Day 7pm to ring in the new year. All episodes are unedited! That's not all, the series will join the regular schedule starting Monday, January 4, 2016 airing weeknights at 8pm following Magnum P.I, as that series will now air just once a day. The A-Team ran for five seasons on NBC 1983-1986. The show was a hit with audiences from the very beginning, and it remains a fixture in popular culture to this day. Each action-packed episode centers around a rogue group of commandos who are on the run from the government, wanted for "crime they didn't commit." The series starred George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz and Mr. T, with other stars like Melinda Culea, Marla Heasley, Tia Carrere, Eddie Velez, and Robert Vaughn. Elsewhere on Encore Classic, leaving the schedule later this month are Murphy Brown and Night Court, which are currently airing in the 6pm ET hour on Encore Classic. Keep it right here for more news on The A-Team coming soon. Hmm?
FX Networks has set the premiere dates for new and returning series on FX and FXX this winter, including the new comedy series
Baskets starring Zach Galifianakis and the new limited series American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson. FXX will also welcome back It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the longest-running series in FX history, for Season 11, and Man Seeking Woman for Season 2. The Peabody Award-winning drama The Americans will return with its fourth season in March on FX. Baskets, a new comedy co-created by and starring Zach Galifianakis, debuts on FX on Thursday January 21 at 10 PM ET/PT. Chip Baskets (Galifianakis) wants to follow his dream of being a French clown - however, reality keeps interfering. Saddled with financial difficulties and facing an impenetrable language barrier, he moves back home to Bakersfield with high hopes. There, he is forced to confront his past while working as a rodeo clown and competing with his siblings for his mother's approval and affection.
American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson, the latest limited series from FX, premieres on Tuesday, February 2 at 10 PM ET/PT. Based on the book The Run of His Life: The People V. O.J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin, the limited series is a look at the O.J. Simpson trial told from the perspective of the lawyers. It explores the chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the court, and how a combination of prosecution overconfidence, defense shrewdness, and the LAPD's history with the city's African-American community gave a jury what it needed: reasonable doubt. The series stars John Travolta, Cuba Gooding Jr., Sarah Paulson, David Schwimmer, Courtney B. Vance, Sterling Brown, Nathan Lane, Kenneth Choi, Christian Clemenson and Bruce Greenwood.
The Americans will return in March with Season 4 (premiere date TBD) on FX. The Americans is one of the most critically acclaimed series on television and the winner of numerous awards, including Best Drama Series from the Critics' Choice Television Awards (2015), Outstanding Achievement in Drama from the Television Critics Association Awards (2015), a 2015 Primetime Emmy(R) Award (Margo Martindale, Guest Actress in a Drama Series), AFI Award for TV Program of the Year in 2014 and 2015, and a Peabody Award (2015). It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, the longest-running series in FX Networks' history, returns to FXX for Season 11 on Wednesday, January 6 at 10 PM ET/PT. Get ready for more misguided dreams leading to blundered schemes from everyone's favorite bar owners! The gang returns to Paddy's Pub with Mac (Rob McElhenney), Dennis (Glenn Howerton), Charlie (Charlie Day), Dee (Kaitlin Olson) and Frank (Danny Devito). Last season, the gang crushed Wade Boggs' cross-country flight drinking record, killed Mac's dad, and started a cult. This season, the gang gets involved in even more insane adventures including a move to the suburbs, shooting a smut film, defending themselves in court, and playing another deranged round of the legendary board game Chardee MacDennis.
And finally, Man Seeking Woman returns for Season 2 on FXX on Wednesday, January 6 at 10:30 PM ET/PT, immediately following the Season 11 premiere of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The comedy's surreal new season about the life-and-death stakes of dating will follow "Josh Greenberg" (Jay Baruchel) as he soldiers through foolish texts, awkward dates, cloning disasters, man-on-car sex, hundreds of deaths, and worst of all, a season-long love triangle with his best friend. The series also stars Eric Andre (The Eric Andre Show) as "Mike," Josh's confident and daring best friend; and Britt Lower (Unforgettable) as "Liz," Josh's intimidating older sister. Man Seeking Woman is based on Simon Rich's book of short stories, The Last Girlfriend on Earth.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.