Monday, November 16, 2015
The A-Team is coming to Encore Classic at the end of the year! Close out 2015 with B.A. Baracus and gang as The A-Team will have a 24-hour marathon beginning at 7pm ET on New Year's Eve running into New Year's Day 7pm to ring in the new year. All episodes are unedited! That's not all, the series will join the regular schedule starting Monday, January 4, 2016 airing weeknights at 8pm following Magnum P.I, as that series will now air just once a day. The A-Team ran for five seasons on NBC 1983-1986. The show was a hit with audiences from the very beginning, and it remains a fixture in popular culture to this day. Each action-packed episode centers around a rogue group of commandos who are on the run from the government, wanted for "crime they didn't commit." The series starred George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz and Mr. T, with other stars like Melinda Culea, Marla Heasley, Tia Carrere, Eddie Velez, and Robert Vaughn. Elsewhere on Encore Classic, leaving the schedule later this month are Murphy Brown and Night Court, which are currently airing in the 6pm ET hour on Encore Classic. Keep it right here for more news on The A-Team coming soon. Hmm?
FX Networks has set the premiere dates for new and returning series on FX and FXX this winter, including the new comedy series
Baskets starring Zach Galifianakis and the new limited series American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson. FXX will also welcome back It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the longest-running series in FX history, for Season 11, and Man Seeking Woman for Season 2. The Peabody Award-winning drama The Americans will return with its fourth season in March on FX. Baskets, a new comedy co-created by and starring Zach Galifianakis, debuts on FX on Thursday January 21 at 10 PM ET/PT. Chip Baskets (Galifianakis) wants to follow his dream of being a French clown - however, reality keeps interfering. Saddled with financial difficulties and facing an impenetrable language barrier, he moves back home to Bakersfield with high hopes. There, he is forced to confront his past while working as a rodeo clown and competing with his siblings for his mother's approval and affection.
American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson, the latest limited series from FX, premieres on Tuesday, February 2 at 10 PM ET/PT. Based on the book The Run of His Life: The People V. O.J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin, the limited series is a look at the O.J. Simpson trial told from the perspective of the lawyers. It explores the chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the court, and how a combination of prosecution overconfidence, defense shrewdness, and the LAPD's history with the city's African-American community gave a jury what it needed: reasonable doubt. The series stars John Travolta, Cuba Gooding Jr., Sarah Paulson, David Schwimmer, Courtney B. Vance, Sterling Brown, Nathan Lane, Kenneth Choi, Christian Clemenson and Bruce Greenwood.
The Americans will return in March with Season 4 (premiere date TBD) on FX. The Americans is one of the most critically acclaimed series on television and the winner of numerous awards, including Best Drama Series from the Critics' Choice Television Awards (2015), Outstanding Achievement in Drama from the Television Critics Association Awards (2015), a 2015 Primetime Emmy(R) Award (Margo Martindale, Guest Actress in a Drama Series), AFI Award for TV Program of the Year in 2014 and 2015, and a Peabody Award (2015). It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, the longest-running series in FX Networks' history, returns to FXX for Season 11 on Wednesday, January 6 at 10 PM ET/PT. Get ready for more misguided dreams leading to blundered schemes from everyone's favorite bar owners! The gang returns to Paddy's Pub with Mac (Rob McElhenney), Dennis (Glenn Howerton), Charlie (Charlie Day), Dee (Kaitlin Olson) and Frank (Danny Devito). Last season, the gang crushed Wade Boggs' cross-country flight drinking record, killed Mac's dad, and started a cult. This season, the gang gets involved in even more insane adventures including a move to the suburbs, shooting a smut film, defending themselves in court, and playing another deranged round of the legendary board game Chardee MacDennis.
And finally, Man Seeking Woman returns for Season 2 on FXX on Wednesday, January 6 at 10:30 PM ET/PT, immediately following the Season 11 premiere of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The comedy's surreal new season about the life-and-death stakes of dating will follow "Josh Greenberg" (Jay Baruchel) as he soldiers through foolish texts, awkward dates, cloning disasters, man-on-car sex, hundreds of deaths, and worst of all, a season-long love triangle with his best friend. The series also stars Eric Andre (The Eric Andre Show) as "Mike," Josh's confident and daring best friend; and Britt Lower (Unforgettable) as "Liz," Josh's intimidating older sister. Man Seeking Woman is based on Simon Rich's book of short stories, The Last Girlfriend on Earth.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.