- The last time that Eddie Murphy appeared on Saturday Night Live, most of the current cast members were either not yet born or under the age of five. Now, after 30 years of not being involved with the show in any way, shape, or form, it seems that he will make a return just for the 40th anniversary special of the series. (Deadline)
- The 1990 movie Problem Child has come one step closer to turning from movie to TV series, as NBC has ordered a pilot for a series based upon the movie. (Deadline)
- ABC has a pilot order for a sitcom that would reunite National Lampoon's Vacation stars Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo. (Entertainment Weekly)
- If you're a Dish Network subscriber who loves the commercials during the big game but just don't care about football, then you'll love Reverse AutoHop, which will cut out the football to let you see just the commercials. (Consumerist)
- We were wondering how long it would take Miami Vice to appear on one of the digital multicast networks, and now we know it will happen in March, on COZI TV. (SitcomsOnline)
HOME MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- CBS finished up Dynasty on DVD last year, and now, Shout! Factory is "completing the package" (so to speak) as they prepare to release the spinoff, The Colbys, on May 12.
FEBRUARY 3 HOME MEDIA RELEASES
- The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five (DVD, $24.97): Shout! Factory follows up on their complete series release with an individual release of the fifth season of the series, helping fans who purchase the individual season releases from Fox to complete their collection.
- The Bob Newhart Show - The Final Season (DVD, $24.97): Shout! Factory releases the last piece to finish up series on DVD, for those who collected the individual seasons.
- Maude - The Complete First Season (DVD, $9.98): Mill Creek brings the first season of the classic series to DVD once again, at a lower price than the original.
- The Wonder Years - Season Two (DVD, $39.95): StarVista Entertainment brings the individual season release of the second season to retailers for the first time.
Pick of the Facebook Posts: "During the Dynasty years when I opened my purse, I had contents like a comb, a mirror, lipstick or a credit card. Now when I open my handbag, it's stuffed with multi-colored doggie-poopy bags! They're in my car. My pockets. My everything! My dearest Alexie has taken over my life…" (July 16, 2013)