Monday, May 18, 2015
The Summer of Me starts on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25. And this year is even more memorable as MeTV welcomes actress Dawn Wells, Mary Ann of Gilligan's Island, who will be making special appearances all summer long! The Summer of Me sets sail weeknights at 6PM|5C with the castaway comedy of Gilligan's Island, followed at 6:30PM|5:30C by the ragtag crew of Hogan's Heroes. From 9PM to 11PM, the comedy continues with The Summer of CoMEdies! This two-hour block features four episodes of a different show each weeknight. Mondays, Zack and the gang find new adventures as roommates at California University in Saved by the Bell: The College Years. Milwaukee's best comes at you Tuesdays and Wednesdays with Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley, respectively. The Sweathogs are in class Thursdays with Welcome Back, Kotter, and Fridays are more fun with America's favorite family, The Brady Bunch. And one note, every Wednesday night starting at 9PM, The Summer of Me's Laverne & Shirley episodes feature hand-picked favorites curated by series' stars Penny Marshall (Laverne De Fazio), Cindy Williams (Shirley Feeney) and Eddie Mekka (Carmine Ragusa)!
With all the new additions to the Summer of Me schedule, some programs are going on a well-deserved summer vacation. Say goodbye--for now--to The Twilight Zone, CHiPs, The Bob Newhart Show, Taxi, Cheers and The Odd Couple. View the Summer of Me schedule to see the entire line-up!
Hulu announced that it has ordered season four - 26 new episodes - of the critically acclaimed series The Mindy Project. The series will join Hulu's Original Programming slate in a new agreement with Universal Television, as Fox will not be airing the series anymore. Hulu subscribers will also be able to stream past and future episodes of The Mindy Project exclusively on Hulu. Since its network premiere in 2012, The Mindy Project has been a top show on Hulu and has consistently remained popular with Hulu subscribers. Hulu is currently the exclusive streaming home to all past episodes of the series, which were previously acquired in a library deal with NBCUniversal announced in April 2014. A premiere date for season four of The Mindy Project will be announced at a later time. Following the premiere, Hulu will have the option to order subsequent seasons.
The Mindy Project is a single-camera comedy series created by and starring Emmy(R)-nominated writer/producer and New York Times best-selling author Mindy Kaling that follows a skilled OB/GYN navigating the tricky waters of both her personal and professional life. The series also stars Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Beth Grant and Xosha Roquemore. The comedy series will join Hulu's growing slate of premium original programming including event series 11/22/63 from Stephen King and J.J. Abrams starring James Franco; comedy series Difficult People produced by Amy Poehler with stars Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner; Casual, a comedy series from Oscar(R)-nominated Director Jason Reitman; The Way, a drama series from Universal Television and Jason Katims' True Jack Productions; and the first longform project from Freddie Wong and the RocketJump team.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.