Thursday, October 04, 2012
Brady Bunch Comes to Hallmark Channel in January 2013; Adult Swim Orders New Seasons of Childrens Hospital, NTSF:SD:SUV::
Here's a story! The Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to the classic '70s ABC sitcom The Brady Bunch. The timeless comedy will premiere on the network in January, 2013. Currently the series is airing on cable on INSP every weekday at 12 noon & 12:30pm and also on digital broadcast on The MeTV Network every Sunday from 11am-1pm. And NickMom airs the original series What Was Carol Brady Thinking? every weeknight in the NickMom block on Nick Jr. It's basically episodes of The Brady Bunch with pop-up comments from Carol Brady. Find out what she was really thinking! As for the Hallmark Channel, we don't have a premiere date and time just yet but we can expect it in January after Hallmark Channel's annual Christmas programming is over. In fact, holiday movies will start taking over the schedule beginning in early November. You'll see shows like I Love Lucy, Golden Girls, and Cheers take a break for about two months before they come back in January, similar to last year.
The series starred Florence Henderson, Robert Reed, Barry Williams, Maureen McCormick, Christopher Knight, Eve Plumb, Mike Lookinland, Susan Olsen and Ann B. Davis. It is the story of a lovely lady who one day meets this fellow -- and we all know how they became The Brady Bunch! At a time when other sitcoms were depicting the loosening of social norms, The Brady Bunch revived the wholesome values found in television's infancy with such shows as Leave It to Beaver. The Brady's blended family unit provides the foundation for comic misadventure as they deal with usually humorous dilemmas related to sibling drama and coming-to-age issues. Stay with us for further information on the Brady's coming to Hallmark Channel! The Heart of TV indeed!
Adult Swim announced it has picked up the hilarious fifteen minute live-action comedies Childrens Hospital, the Emmy(R)-winning series created by Rob Corddry, and NTSF:SD:SUV::, created by Paul Scheer (The League), for an additional season of each. All-new episodes continue to air Thursday nights at midnight and 12:15 a.m. (ET/PT), respectively, on Adult Swim. Season five of Childrens Hospital and season three of NTSF:SD:SUV:: will premiere in 2013.
Childrens Hospital explores the emotional struggles and sexual politics of a group of doctors charged with healthy libidos. Their dedication to their personal lives is relentless, interrupted only by the occasional need to treat sick children. The show's creative team is led by Rob Corddry and fellow executive producers/writers Jonathan Stern and David Wain. Among the stars are Erinn Hayes, Henry Winkler, Ken Marino, Lake Bell, Malin Akerman, Megan Mullally, Rob Corddry and Rob Huebel.
NTSF:SD:SUV::, (AKA National Terrorist Strike Force: San Diego: Sport Utility Vehicle::) follows a group of reckless, aggressive and pun wielding government agents who work hard to protect San Diego from numerous terrorist threats such as a killer dolphin, Swedish virtual reality gangs, and a time traveling Leonardo DaVinci. Out of all the acronym-ed police procedurals that dominate the airwaves, this show has most acronyms. It was created by Paul Scheer. The series stars Paul Scheer, Rebecca Romijn, Rob Riggle, Kate Mulgrew, Brandon Johnson, June Diane Raphael, Martin Starr, and Peter Sarafinowicz.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 28
Henry Danger - "Caved In" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Henry, Charlotte, and Ray's plans for a day of fun are derailed when Jasper accidentally triggers the emergency lockdown mode for Junk-N-Stuff and the Man Cave, trapping everyone inside.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Piggy, Piggy, Piggy & Dawn" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Dawn wants to change up the Quads' puppet routine for the talent show and finally win first place, but gets frustrated after always being outvoted by her brothers.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "That's My Tri-Five!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella encourages Sophie and Pepper to recruit a new girl to fill the void she left behind on the cheerleading squad. Bella begins to question her friendship with the girls when the girls succeed in replacing her all too well.
Saturday, February 28
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Watch John on a primetime encore of the Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special on ABC at 8pm. Special appearances include Neil Patrick Harris, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Aniston, John Krasinski, J.K. Simmons and Kevin Hart.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joshua Molina (Sports Night) - Joshua appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cathy Ladman (Caroline in the City) - Cathy visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette talks about ABC's Secrets & Lies on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) - Sean talks about his hit comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.