Thursday, October 04, 2012
Brady Bunch Comes to Hallmark Channel in January 2013; Adult Swim Orders New Seasons of Childrens Hospital, NTSF:SD:SUV::
Here's a story! The Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to the classic '70s ABC sitcom The Brady Bunch. The timeless comedy will premiere on the network in January, 2013. Currently the series is airing on cable on INSP every weekday at 12 noon & 12:30pm and also on digital broadcast on The MeTV Network every Sunday from 11am-1pm. And NickMom airs the original series What Was Carol Brady Thinking? every weeknight in the NickMom block on Nick Jr. It's basically episodes of The Brady Bunch with pop-up comments from Carol Brady. Find out what she was really thinking! As for the Hallmark Channel, we don't have a premiere date and time just yet but we can expect it in January after Hallmark Channel's annual Christmas programming is over. In fact, holiday movies will start taking over the schedule beginning in early November. You'll see shows like I Love Lucy, Golden Girls, and Cheers take a break for about two months before they come back in January, similar to last year.
The series starred Florence Henderson, Robert Reed, Barry Williams, Maureen McCormick, Christopher Knight, Eve Plumb, Mike Lookinland, Susan Olsen and Ann B. Davis. It is the story of a lovely lady who one day meets this fellow -- and we all know how they became The Brady Bunch! At a time when other sitcoms were depicting the loosening of social norms, The Brady Bunch revived the wholesome values found in television's infancy with such shows as Leave It to Beaver. The Brady's blended family unit provides the foundation for comic misadventure as they deal with usually humorous dilemmas related to sibling drama and coming-to-age issues. Stay with us for further information on the Brady's coming to Hallmark Channel! The Heart of TV indeed!
Adult Swim announced it has picked up the hilarious fifteen minute live-action comedies Childrens Hospital, the Emmy(R)-winning series created by Rob Corddry, and NTSF:SD:SUV::, created by Paul Scheer (The League), for an additional season of each. All-new episodes continue to air Thursday nights at midnight and 12:15 a.m. (ET/PT), respectively, on Adult Swim. Season five of Childrens Hospital and season three of NTSF:SD:SUV:: will premiere in 2013.
Childrens Hospital explores the emotional struggles and sexual politics of a group of doctors charged with healthy libidos. Their dedication to their personal lives is relentless, interrupted only by the occasional need to treat sick children. The show's creative team is led by Rob Corddry and fellow executive producers/writers Jonathan Stern and David Wain. Among the stars are Erinn Hayes, Henry Winkler, Ken Marino, Lake Bell, Malin Akerman, Megan Mullally, Rob Corddry and Rob Huebel.
NTSF:SD:SUV::, (AKA National Terrorist Strike Force: San Diego: Sport Utility Vehicle::) follows a group of reckless, aggressive and pun wielding government agents who work hard to protect San Diego from numerous terrorist threats such as a killer dolphin, Swedish virtual reality gangs, and a time traveling Leonardo DaVinci. Out of all the acronym-ed police procedurals that dominate the airwaves, this show has most acronyms. It was created by Paul Scheer. The series stars Paul Scheer, Rebecca Romijn, Rob Riggle, Kate Mulgrew, Brandon Johnson, June Diane Raphael, Martin Starr, and Peter Sarafinowicz.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 1
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon visits his Mom in Houston, he is forced to confront a new reality. Meanwhile, Raj’s “Murder Mystery” party starts some fights within the gang.
Mike & Molly - "Mike & Molly's Excellent Adventure" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly is determined to get Mike out of his routine and tells him to embrace doing anything they want in life.
Two and a Half Men - "Baseball. Boobs. Boobs. Baseball" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan lets Lyndsey’s boyfriend Larry set him up on a date. Meanwhile, Walden offers to help Nicole with her software project so she’ll have time to date him. Marion Ross makes a special appearance. Jeff Probst returns for a second special appearance.
Partners - "Doug Day Afternoon" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marcus hires a former client and recently paroled ex-convict to work in the office, Allen suspects the once-criminal to have ulterior motives.
Partners - "How to Get a Head in Advertising" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Allen and Marcus decide to make a commercial for their practice, Allen's inflated ego takes the helm and creates a disaster.
Anger Management - "Charlie and the Temper of Doom" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie struggles to control his anger after meeting a hot girl who doesn't date angry guys.
Anger Management - "Charlie Gets Trashed" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes to war with his garbage man.
Monday, September 1
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. There's a Friends reunion with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Derek Waters (Married to the Kellys) - Derek appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Tune in to see Judy on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond - Patricia sells a treasure from The Middle on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage/Working) - Debi and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, share their passion for Tuscan food and each other on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Jane appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.