Thursday, October 04, 2012
Brady Bunch Comes to Hallmark Channel in January 2013; Adult Swim Orders New Seasons of Childrens Hospital, NTSF:SD:SUV::
Here's a story! The Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to the classic '70s ABC sitcom The Brady Bunch. The timeless comedy will premiere on the network in January, 2013. Currently the series is airing on cable on INSP every weekday at 12 noon & 12:30pm and also on digital broadcast on The MeTV Network every Sunday from 11am-1pm. And NickMom airs the original series What Was Carol Brady Thinking? every weeknight in the NickMom block on Nick Jr. It's basically episodes of The Brady Bunch with pop-up comments from Carol Brady. Find out what she was really thinking! As for the Hallmark Channel, we don't have a premiere date and time just yet but we can expect it in January after Hallmark Channel's annual Christmas programming is over. In fact, holiday movies will start taking over the schedule beginning in early November. You'll see shows like I Love Lucy, Golden Girls, and Cheers take a break for about two months before they come back in January, similar to last year.
The series starred Florence Henderson, Robert Reed, Barry Williams, Maureen McCormick, Christopher Knight, Eve Plumb, Mike Lookinland, Susan Olsen and Ann B. Davis. It is the story of a lovely lady who one day meets this fellow -- and we all know how they became The Brady Bunch! At a time when other sitcoms were depicting the loosening of social norms, The Brady Bunch revived the wholesome values found in television's infancy with such shows as Leave It to Beaver. The Brady's blended family unit provides the foundation for comic misadventure as they deal with usually humorous dilemmas related to sibling drama and coming-to-age issues. Stay with us for further information on the Brady's coming to Hallmark Channel! The Heart of TV indeed!
Adult Swim announced it has picked up the hilarious fifteen minute live-action comedies Childrens Hospital, the Emmy(R)-winning series created by Rob Corddry, and NTSF:SD:SUV::, created by Paul Scheer (The League), for an additional season of each. All-new episodes continue to air Thursday nights at midnight and 12:15 a.m. (ET/PT), respectively, on Adult Swim. Season five of Childrens Hospital and season three of NTSF:SD:SUV:: will premiere in 2013.
Childrens Hospital explores the emotional struggles and sexual politics of a group of doctors charged with healthy libidos. Their dedication to their personal lives is relentless, interrupted only by the occasional need to treat sick children. The show's creative team is led by Rob Corddry and fellow executive producers/writers Jonathan Stern and David Wain. Among the stars are Erinn Hayes, Henry Winkler, Ken Marino, Lake Bell, Malin Akerman, Megan Mullally, Rob Corddry and Rob Huebel.
NTSF:SD:SUV::, (AKA National Terrorist Strike Force: San Diego: Sport Utility Vehicle::) follows a group of reckless, aggressive and pun wielding government agents who work hard to protect San Diego from numerous terrorist threats such as a killer dolphin, Swedish virtual reality gangs, and a time traveling Leonardo DaVinci. Out of all the acronym-ed police procedurals that dominate the airwaves, this show has most acronyms. It was created by Paul Scheer. The series stars Paul Scheer, Rebecca Romijn, Rob Riggle, Kate Mulgrew, Brandon Johnson, June Diane Raphael, Martin Starr, and Peter Sarafinowicz.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 6
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Fit for a Fling" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus' friends question him about his recent neurotic behavior and think it may be linked to his motivation to change.
Friday, May 6
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric and his mom spill all his secrets on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh discusses Quantico on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Netflix's Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. Lily also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Lily will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. Jane visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - People Now catches up with Kristin.
- Marliu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu Henner and her husband, Michael Brown, discuss their new book Changing Normal on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Mila appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.