Thursday, September 06, 2012
As promised, we have the BET Fall 2012 schedule. The other day we gave you the fall 2012 for sister network Centric, so now today we have BET for you. We mentioned that Bernie Mac is moving to Centric, so as a result, The Jamie Foxx Show will go from Centric to BET beginning October 1. The sitcom starring the multi-talented Jamie Foxx, will air weekdays at 11am & 11:30am and also weekdays 3:00pm & 3:30pm ET.
There are no other additions, but we have some time changes since Bernie is out and Jamie is in. Encores of upcoming late night talk show Don't Sleep! will air at 8am, leading into reruns of The Game at 8:30am. Everybody Hates Chris will move to an earlier hour, now at 9:00am & 9:30am. Not to worry, it still airs on TeenNick and Nick at Nite. Back to BET, at 10am, My Wife & Kids will move an hour earlier as well, as Jamie Foxx comes to 11am. At 12 noon, The Parkers will remain in its time period. The BET Movie will continue to air at 1pm and it will lead into another hour of The Jamie Foxx Show at 3, replacing My Wife & Kids. At 4, The Parkers moves an hour earlier as it will switch hours with My Wife & Kids, which heads to 5pm. From 6pm and on, BET has a mix of movies and original series. We mentioned Don't Sleep!, that is their new late night talk show that will premiere October 1 at 11pm. The half-hour series hosted by award-winning journalist T.J. Holmes gives viewers a great reason to stay up as he delivers smart, biting social commentary on significant issues important to African Americans. The series will be a lead-in for reruns of The Game at 11:30pm as well. One other note of interest for us, the TV Land original sitcom The Soul Man will start airing on BET in repeats starting Oct. 9 airing Tuesdays at 10:30pm and encoring Thursdays at 8:30pm. The series revolves around Reverend Boyce "The Voice" Ballentine (Cedric the Entertainer), an R&B superstar-turned-minister who takes over as preacher of his fathers church. If you missed any episode on TV Land, now is your chance to watch as the first season ended this week on TV Land.
On weekends, BET will air marathon stunts on Saturdays until Oct. 13. Bernie Mac will get a send-off marathon on Saturday, Sept. 17 from 8am-6pm, while The Jamie Foxx Show will get the welcome treatment on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 9am-6:30pm and on Sunday, Oct. 7 as well from 10:30am-2pm. Other marathons include: Everybody Hates Chris (Sept. 8), BET Sitcom Assortment (Sept. 15), and The Parkers (Sept. 29). Effective Oct. 13, Saturdays will have a semi-set schedule from 9am-5pm with sitcoms. And finally, BET will air a marathon of The Parkers on Columbus Day (Monday, Oct. 8) from 9am-4pm.
View the full BET Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us for further updates!
The MeTV Network announced three new affiliation agreements, which include the primary channel position on KWSD in Sioux Falls, South Dakota (DMA #113). The MeTV Network will replace The CW Plus and will be seen on channel 36.1, as well as local cable and satellite channels beginning September 10, 2012. WIBW, Topeka, Kansas (DMA #136) will also launch MeTV on channel 13.2, beginning September 10, 2012. WHSV will launch MeTV in Harrisonburg, Virginia (DMA # 178) on channel 3.4, beginning September 24, 2012.
With these three being added, the network will now clear 83% of the country! And remember the "Fall for Me" Fall 2012 schedule has begin, see our previous story on what is new this fall on MeTV Network!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.