Thursday, September 06, 2012
As promised, we have the BET Fall 2012 schedule. The other day we gave you the fall 2012 for sister network Centric, so now today we have BET for you. We mentioned that Bernie Mac is moving to Centric, so as a result, The Jamie Foxx Show will go from Centric to BET beginning October 1. The sitcom starring the multi-talented Jamie Foxx, will air weekdays at 11am & 11:30am and also weekdays 3:00pm & 3:30pm ET.
There are no other additions, but we have some time changes since Bernie is out and Jamie is in. Encores of upcoming late night talk show Don't Sleep! will air at 8am, leading into reruns of The Game at 8:30am. Everybody Hates Chris will move to an earlier hour, now at 9:00am & 9:30am. Not to worry, it still airs on TeenNick and Nick at Nite. Back to BET, at 10am, My Wife & Kids will move an hour earlier as well, as Jamie Foxx comes to 11am. At 12 noon, The Parkers will remain in its time period. The BET Movie will continue to air at 1pm and it will lead into another hour of The Jamie Foxx Show at 3, replacing My Wife & Kids. At 4, The Parkers moves an hour earlier as it will switch hours with My Wife & Kids, which heads to 5pm. From 6pm and on, BET has a mix of movies and original series. We mentioned Don't Sleep!, that is their new late night talk show that will premiere October 1 at 11pm. The half-hour series hosted by award-winning journalist T.J. Holmes gives viewers a great reason to stay up as he delivers smart, biting social commentary on significant issues important to African Americans. The series will be a lead-in for reruns of The Game at 11:30pm as well. One other note of interest for us, the TV Land original sitcom The Soul Man will start airing on BET in repeats starting Oct. 9 airing Tuesdays at 10:30pm and encoring Thursdays at 8:30pm. The series revolves around Reverend Boyce "The Voice" Ballentine (Cedric the Entertainer), an R&B superstar-turned-minister who takes over as preacher of his fathers church. If you missed any episode on TV Land, now is your chance to watch as the first season ended this week on TV Land.
On weekends, BET will air marathon stunts on Saturdays until Oct. 13. Bernie Mac will get a send-off marathon on Saturday, Sept. 17 from 8am-6pm, while The Jamie Foxx Show will get the welcome treatment on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 9am-6:30pm and on Sunday, Oct. 7 as well from 10:30am-2pm. Other marathons include: Everybody Hates Chris (Sept. 8), BET Sitcom Assortment (Sept. 15), and The Parkers (Sept. 29). Effective Oct. 13, Saturdays will have a semi-set schedule from 9am-5pm with sitcoms. And finally, BET will air a marathon of The Parkers on Columbus Day (Monday, Oct. 8) from 9am-4pm.
View the full BET Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us for further updates!
The MeTV Network announced three new affiliation agreements, which include the primary channel position on KWSD in Sioux Falls, South Dakota (DMA #113). The MeTV Network will replace The CW Plus and will be seen on channel 36.1, as well as local cable and satellite channels beginning September 10, 2012. WIBW, Topeka, Kansas (DMA #136) will also launch MeTV on channel 13.2, beginning September 10, 2012. WHSV will launch MeTV in Harrisonburg, Virginia (DMA # 178) on channel 3.4, beginning September 24, 2012.
With these three being added, the network will now clear 83% of the country! And remember the "Fall for Me" Fall 2012 schedule has begin, see our previous story on what is new this fall on MeTV Network!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.