Monday, August 13, 2012
MeTV Network Fall 2012 Schedule Has Donna Reed, Make Room for Daddy; Nick at Nite Drops Hollywood Heights, Sends It Packing To TeenNick
Today we are bringing you MeTV Network's fall 2012 schedule. The line-up will launch on Monday, September 3, 2012 with some more classics coming to the network. The classic TV network has 132 affiliates and has clearances in 82% of the country. Joining the line-up will be Make Room for Daddy weekdays mornings at 5:30am ET, The Donna Reed Show weekday mornings at 7:30am ET, Emergency! Mon-Sat at 5:00pm ET, Remington Steele weeknights at 8:00pm ET, and Night Gallery weeknights at 1:30am ET. Returning to the schedule will be Kojak, airing weeknights at 12:30am following Perry Mason and Burke's Law late on Saturday nights at 4am ET. Also MeTV Network will present the MeTV Sunday Showcase every Sunday from 3:00pm-7:00pm. The programs will vary and the first week will be a Night Gallery marathon on Sept. 9.
With all these new series joining, this means some shows will be off the regular line-up for now. Shows not on the fall 2012 schedule are Family Affair, Cannon, The Untouchables, The Mothers-In-Law, Love American Style, Green Acres, Honey West, The Rogues, Happy Days, and Laverne & Shirley. Perhaps some of these will air during the MeTV Sunday Showcase, so stay alert. "The Summer of Me" primetime marathons will conclude on Friday, Aug. 31, so the new primetime schedule on weeknights will start off with Remington Steele at 8 leading into the comedy hour of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9pm. At 10, Cheers and The Bob Newhart Show will air to close out primetime.
View the FULL MeTV Network Fall 2012 schedule, so you can see where your favorite series will be. Stay with us for further updates, if there are any.
Moving on, Nick at Nite has pulled original drama Hollywood Heights from its schedule effective tonight. The drama had been airing weeknights at 9pm for the last two months. 40 episodes of its 80 episode order were fulfilled. Reruns of My Wife & Kids will take over the hour starting tonight at 9pm ET. All is not lost for Hollywood Heights though, Nick at Nite will move it to sister network TeenNick and they will air the remaining 40 episodes every weeknight at 8pm ET beginning tonight. That should last them another two months through October, ratings pending of course. The series bombed on Nick at Nite with episodes only averaging a 0.1 adults 18-49 rating. The rest of the Nick at Nite schedule will remain unchanged with George Lopez at 10, leading into a Friends block from 11pm-1am. Then more Lopez is at 1am, followed by an hour of Everybody Hates Chris at 2. At 3am, we have an episode of My Wife & Kids at 3am, leading into an hour of Yes, Dear from approx. 3:30am-4:30am. The Nanny concludes the night though 6am. The late night 2-6am line-up just mentioned is only Mon-Wed, as marathon blocks air Thurs-Sun with Yes, Dear on Thursdays, The Nanny on Fridays, George Lopez on Saturdays (1-6am), and now Friends on Sunday (11pm-6am). My Wife & Kids was on Sundays in the block from 1-6am but Friends will take over this coming Sunday and expand to 11pm-6am.
Hollywood Heights centers on Loren Tate (Brittany Underwood, One Life to Live), a shy teen whose musical aspirations inch closer to reality when she wins a songwriting contest sponsored by Eddie Duran (Cody Longo, Fame), a rock star at the top of his game. Although Loren and Eddie's budding partnership - on-stage and off - faces obstacles, their strong family bonds inspire them to keep going. Loren finds the support system she needs in her single mom, Nora (Jama Williamson, Parks and Recreation), as Nora returns to the dating scene for the first time in years. Meanwhile Eddie's unbreakable bond with his father, Max (Carlos Ponce, Couples Retreat, telenovela actor/singer) - strengthened by family tragedy - is challenged by Eddie's budding romance with a beautiful, but manipulative model and aspiring actress, Chloe Carter (Melissa Ordway, 17 Again). As Loren begins a meteoric rise on the music scene and Eddie's star begins to fade, together they learn that the road to love and stardom often carries a heavy price tag. Justin Wilczynski (Kaya) also stars as Eddie's bitter former friend, Tyler Rorke.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.