Monday, August 13, 2012
MeTV Network Fall 2012 Schedule Has Donna Reed, Make Room for Daddy; Nick at Nite Drops Hollywood Heights, Sends It Packing To TeenNick
Today we are bringing you MeTV Network's fall 2012 schedule. The line-up will launch on Monday, September 3, 2012 with some more classics coming to the network. The classic TV network has 132 affiliates and has clearances in 82% of the country. Joining the line-up will be Make Room for Daddy weekdays mornings at 5:30am ET, The Donna Reed Show weekday mornings at 7:30am ET, Emergency! Mon-Sat at 5:00pm ET, Remington Steele weeknights at 8:00pm ET, and Night Gallery weeknights at 1:30am ET. Returning to the schedule will be Kojak, airing weeknights at 12:30am following Perry Mason and Burke's Law late on Saturday nights at 4am ET. Also MeTV Network will present the MeTV Sunday Showcase every Sunday from 3:00pm-7:00pm. The programs will vary and the first week will be a Night Gallery marathon on Sept. 9.
With all these new series joining, this means some shows will be off the regular line-up for now. Shows not on the fall 2012 schedule are Family Affair, Cannon, The Untouchables, The Mothers-In-Law, Love American Style, Green Acres, Honey West, The Rogues, Happy Days, and Laverne & Shirley. Perhaps some of these will air during the MeTV Sunday Showcase, so stay alert. "The Summer of Me" primetime marathons will conclude on Friday, Aug. 31, so the new primetime schedule on weeknights will start off with Remington Steele at 8 leading into the comedy hour of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9pm. At 10, Cheers and The Bob Newhart Show will air to close out primetime.
View the FULL MeTV Network Fall 2012 schedule, so you can see where your favorite series will be. Stay with us for further updates, if there are any.
Moving on, Nick at Nite has pulled original drama Hollywood Heights from its schedule effective tonight. The drama had been airing weeknights at 9pm for the last two months. 40 episodes of its 80 episode order were fulfilled. Reruns of My Wife & Kids will take over the hour starting tonight at 9pm ET. All is not lost for Hollywood Heights though, Nick at Nite will move it to sister network TeenNick and they will air the remaining 40 episodes every weeknight at 8pm ET beginning tonight. That should last them another two months through October, ratings pending of course. The series bombed on Nick at Nite with episodes only averaging a 0.1 adults 18-49 rating. The rest of the Nick at Nite schedule will remain unchanged with George Lopez at 10, leading into a Friends block from 11pm-1am. Then more Lopez is at 1am, followed by an hour of Everybody Hates Chris at 2. At 3am, we have an episode of My Wife & Kids at 3am, leading into an hour of Yes, Dear from approx. 3:30am-4:30am. The Nanny concludes the night though 6am. The late night 2-6am line-up just mentioned is only Mon-Wed, as marathon blocks air Thurs-Sun with Yes, Dear on Thursdays, The Nanny on Fridays, George Lopez on Saturdays (1-6am), and now Friends on Sunday (11pm-6am). My Wife & Kids was on Sundays in the block from 1-6am but Friends will take over this coming Sunday and expand to 11pm-6am.
Hollywood Heights centers on Loren Tate (Brittany Underwood, One Life to Live), a shy teen whose musical aspirations inch closer to reality when she wins a songwriting contest sponsored by Eddie Duran (Cody Longo, Fame), a rock star at the top of his game. Although Loren and Eddie's budding partnership - on-stage and off - faces obstacles, their strong family bonds inspire them to keep going. Loren finds the support system she needs in her single mom, Nora (Jama Williamson, Parks and Recreation), as Nora returns to the dating scene for the first time in years. Meanwhile Eddie's unbreakable bond with his father, Max (Carlos Ponce, Couples Retreat, telenovela actor/singer) - strengthened by family tragedy - is challenged by Eddie's budding romance with a beautiful, but manipulative model and aspiring actress, Chloe Carter (Melissa Ordway, 17 Again). As Loren begins a meteoric rise on the music scene and Eddie's star begins to fade, together they learn that the road to love and stardom often carries a heavy price tag. Justin Wilczynski (Kaya) also stars as Eddie's bitter former friend, Tyler Rorke.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, June 24
Bizaardvark - "First!" (Disney Channel, 9:43PM ET/PT)
Frankie and Paige struggle to come up with an idea for a new video that they deem good enough for their first VidView party at Vuuugle.
Friday, June 24
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ellen Barkin (Happyish/The New Normal) - Ellen stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (Arrested Development/The Millers/Up All Night) - Will appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Lauren Lapkus (Clipped/Are You There, Chelsea?) - Lauren is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Hayley Orrantia (The Goldbergs) - Hayley appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Josie Bissett (The Hogan Family) - Josie talks about The Wedding March on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) and Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) - Shiri and Constance talk about UnREAL on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Aresenio chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie Lynn guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She opens up about her life now ahead of her TLC special When the Lights Go Out, which airs Sunday night on TLC, on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sabrina Carpenter (Girl Meets World) - Sabrina and Sofia Carson share a sneak peek of the TV movie Adventures in Babysitting on People Now at 8:30am.