Monday, August 13, 2012
MeTV Network Fall 2012 Schedule Has Donna Reed, Make Room for Daddy; Nick at Nite Drops Hollywood Heights, Sends It Packing To TeenNick
Today we are bringing you MeTV Network's fall 2012 schedule. The line-up will launch on Monday, September 3, 2012 with some more classics coming to the network. The classic TV network has 132 affiliates and has clearances in 82% of the country. Joining the line-up will be Make Room for Daddy weekdays mornings at 5:30am ET, The Donna Reed Show weekday mornings at 7:30am ET, Emergency! Mon-Sat at 5:00pm ET, Remington Steele weeknights at 8:00pm ET, and Night Gallery weeknights at 1:30am ET. Returning to the schedule will be Kojak, airing weeknights at 12:30am following Perry Mason and Burke's Law late on Saturday nights at 4am ET. Also MeTV Network will present the MeTV Sunday Showcase every Sunday from 3:00pm-7:00pm. The programs will vary and the first week will be a Night Gallery marathon on Sept. 9.
With all these new series joining, this means some shows will be off the regular line-up for now. Shows not on the fall 2012 schedule are Family Affair, Cannon, The Untouchables, The Mothers-In-Law, Love American Style, Green Acres, Honey West, The Rogues, Happy Days, and Laverne & Shirley. Perhaps some of these will air during the MeTV Sunday Showcase, so stay alert. "The Summer of Me" primetime marathons will conclude on Friday, Aug. 31, so the new primetime schedule on weeknights will start off with Remington Steele at 8 leading into the comedy hour of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show at 9pm. At 10, Cheers and The Bob Newhart Show will air to close out primetime.
View the FULL MeTV Network Fall 2012 schedule, so you can see where your favorite series will be. Stay with us for further updates, if there are any.
Moving on, Nick at Nite has pulled original drama Hollywood Heights from its schedule effective tonight. The drama had been airing weeknights at 9pm for the last two months. 40 episodes of its 80 episode order were fulfilled. Reruns of My Wife & Kids will take over the hour starting tonight at 9pm ET. All is not lost for Hollywood Heights though, Nick at Nite will move it to sister network TeenNick and they will air the remaining 40 episodes every weeknight at 8pm ET beginning tonight. That should last them another two months through October, ratings pending of course. The series bombed on Nick at Nite with episodes only averaging a 0.1 adults 18-49 rating. The rest of the Nick at Nite schedule will remain unchanged with George Lopez at 10, leading into a Friends block from 11pm-1am. Then more Lopez is at 1am, followed by an hour of Everybody Hates Chris at 2. At 3am, we have an episode of My Wife & Kids at 3am, leading into an hour of Yes, Dear from approx. 3:30am-4:30am. The Nanny concludes the night though 6am. The late night 2-6am line-up just mentioned is only Mon-Wed, as marathon blocks air Thurs-Sun with Yes, Dear on Thursdays, The Nanny on Fridays, George Lopez on Saturdays (1-6am), and now Friends on Sunday (11pm-6am). My Wife & Kids was on Sundays in the block from 1-6am but Friends will take over this coming Sunday and expand to 11pm-6am.
Hollywood Heights centers on Loren Tate (Brittany Underwood, One Life to Live), a shy teen whose musical aspirations inch closer to reality when she wins a songwriting contest sponsored by Eddie Duran (Cody Longo, Fame), a rock star at the top of his game. Although Loren and Eddie's budding partnership - on-stage and off - faces obstacles, their strong family bonds inspire them to keep going. Loren finds the support system she needs in her single mom, Nora (Jama Williamson, Parks and Recreation), as Nora returns to the dating scene for the first time in years. Meanwhile Eddie's unbreakable bond with his father, Max (Carlos Ponce, Couples Retreat, telenovela actor/singer) - strengthened by family tragedy - is challenged by Eddie's budding romance with a beautiful, but manipulative model and aspiring actress, Chloe Carter (Melissa Ordway, 17 Again). As Loren begins a meteoric rise on the music scene and Eddie's star begins to fade, together they learn that the road to love and stardom often carries a heavy price tag. Justin Wilczynski (Kaya) also stars as Eddie's bitter former friend, Tyler Rorke.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 10
Henry Danger - "Captain Man: On Vacation" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Ray has trusted Henry and Charlotte with protecting Swellview while he's out of town at his cousin's wedding. Problems arise when they find themselves having to handle things on their own.
Game Shakers - "Tiny Pickles" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Babe and Kenzie's new game is ready, but Dub promises the world another game based on a crazy dream he had. The kids make his game and it's terrible. Feeling bad, they combine it with theirs and announce it on TV. Guest Stars: Matt Bennett, Yvette Nicole Brown.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Join a Club Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Crispo joins the school's most popular club and Fen joins the genius group, CJ is left without her pals. Realizing it's more fun when they are together, she works to create a club that will reunite the group.
- "Basket Case" (TV Land, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Stephanie helps Aaron beat James at a game, Charlie worries that she has upset the balance of power in the family. Gabby gets caught in the middle of a fight between Stephanie and Maggie.
- "Turning a Blind Eye" (TV Land, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maggie bribes James and Aaron to pretend to be her younger brothers when she starts dating a younger man, who happens to be blind. Gabby gets punished for having Noah over when her parents are out. Guest Star: Carlos PenaVega.
Monday, October 12
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife/The Secret Lives of Men) - Watch Bradley on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Truth Be Told/Saved by the Bell) and Tone Bell (Truth Be Told/Bad Judge) - Mark-Paul and Tone are guests on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin will be on on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie chats about the series Empire on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Whoopi Goldberg tours NY Comic Con with Clark on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ryan McPartlin (Living with Fran) - Ryan appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ryan Lee (Trophy Wife) - Ryan and the cast of Goosebumps will be on the AOL Build Show at 11:30am.
- Dana Delany (The Comedians) - Dana talks about House of God on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also appears in the 9am hour.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex) - Jenna talks about Big Stong Gap on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh will be on People Now.
- Heather Dubrow (Stark Raving Mad) - Heather is a guest on People Now.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) and Brent Morin (Undateable) - Chris and Brent talk about going live for season 3 of Undateable on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.