Thursday, December 22, 2011
The Hub Presents A Wonder Years and Happy Days Christmas Marathon Tonight; ABC Family Sitcom Pilot Updates
The Hub is presenting a sitcom marathon tonight featuring 5 Christmas episodes each of The Wonder Years and Happy Days! The marathon starts tonight at 7pm and will run through 12am ET. Both series had five Christmas episodes and they will all air tonight back-to-back. The Wonder Years airs tonight from 7pm-9:30pm, followed by the Fonz in Happy Days from 9:30pm-12am. Both series of course air regularly on the cable network each night, with The Wonder Years at 9pm and Happy Days at 10pm. The Hub has been airing Christmas episodes of their other sitcoms all week, like Family Ties, Doogie Howser and Laverne & Shirley. If you missed them, not to worry, they will keep reairing them until Christmas ends on Sunday night.
In other scheduling news for The Hub, we have to mention that on New Year's Eve, The Hub will say goodbye to 2011 and say hello to 2012 with a marathon of the '60s Batman from 11pm-6am! Holy marathon, Batman! Join Adam West and Burt Ward as Batman and Robin as they face off against Catwoman, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and of course The Joker. Batman regularly airs at 11:30pm on The Hub.
ABC Family wrapped production on their new sitcom pilot, Baby Daddy, which taped in Los Angeles two weeks ago. Baby Daddy stars Cameron Deane Stewart, Chelsea Kane (Dancing with the Stars), Sydney Park, Tahj Mowry (Smart Guy), Derek Theler with Melissa Peterman (Reba) guest starring. The pilot is about Ben (Stewart) who, in his 20s, becomes a surprise dad to a baby girl when she's left on his doorstep by an ex-girlfriend. Ben decides to raise the baby with the help of his mother, his brother, Danny (Theler), his best buddy Ben (Mowry) and his close female friend, Riley (Kane), who is harboring a secret crush on him. This multi-camera comedy shot in front of a live audience at the Sunset Gower Studios in Hollywood.
Meanwhile, ABC Family also began production on their new sitcom pilot, Village People, that taped in Los Angeles. The multi-camera half-hour comedy stars Jennie Garth (What I Like About You, Dancing with the Stars), John O'Hurley (Seinfeld, Family Feud), Sadie Calvano, Sebastian Sozzi, and Rachel Cannon (Two and a Half Men). The pilot follows Alexa (Garth), a single, high-powered career woman looking to start a family and ends up taking in the pregnant teenager (Calvano) she was planning to adopt from. Garth is also Executive Producer.
We will let you know if and when any of these get picked-up to series. Pilots have been shot, now it is up to ABC Family to decide if they will go to series or not. One of these will probably make it and air with ABC Family's sitcom Melissa & Joey. Stay tuned...
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.