Thursday, December 02, 2010
So we knew all of that, now to where CSI will air on USA Network! CSI will join the schedule on Friday, January 14, 2011 with a 24-hour launch marathon starting at 6am! The series will then air every Friday from 8pm-1am ET/PT starting Jan. 21. The rest of the USA Network schedule will remain the same with blocks of many shows such as Law & Order: Criminal Intent, House, NCIS, and Law & Order: SVU. There will also be continued airings of Walker Texas Ranger, JAG, Monk and sitcoms Becker and Wings.
Original series wise, January rings in the year with the mid-season premieres of returning series White Collar and Royal Pains and the launch of USA's newest offering, Fairly Legal. Seasons 2.5 of both White Collar (7 episodes) and Royal Pains (6 episodes) premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 10pm and Thursday, Jan. 20 at 9pm, respectively. Royal Pains will be the lead-in for new drama Fairly Legal, which premieres Thursday, Jan. 20 at 10pm. Prior season episodes will air over 3 weeks on Tuesday mornings for White Collar, which includes a White Collar season 2 marathon on Tuesday, Jan. 18 from 6:30am-2:30pm to platform the season premiere later that night. Two months later, a White Collar season 2.5 marathon will air on Tuesday, March 8 from 6am-2pm to platform the season finale later that night at 10pm. For Royal Pains, prior season episodes will air over 3 weeks on Thursday mornings starting January 6 to promote the return and a Royal Pains "Ladies Man-a-thon" will air on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 6 from 10am-12am. The season finale will be on Thursday, Feb. 24. And finally, new series Fairly Legal will have 10 episodes, including the pilot. A mid-season marathon will air on Saturday, Feb. 26 from 9am-1pm (prior to the first week without a Royal Pains lead-in). The series will continue to air though Thursday, March 24.
And finally, we will cover marathon stunts for USA Network in January. USA welcomes 2011 with a weekend of marathons of NCIS and Law & Order: SVU! The NCIS "Resolve to Watch" marathon will air on Saturday, Jan. 1 from 6am-4am, while the SVU "Resolve to Watch" marathon will air on Sunday, Jan. 2 from 6am-4am. An NCIS marathon will air on MLK Jr. Day, Monday, January 17 from 6am-9pm. NCIS marathons will also air on Sunday, Jan. 16 from 9am-11pm and Sunday, Jan. 30 from 12pm-11pm. A Law & Order: SVU "Happy Birthday Mariska" marathon is planned for Sunday, Jan. 23 from 12pm-12am.
That about covers USA Network January 2011, series wise. Stay with us for any further updates, but as of now CSI will air Fridays in primetime on USA Network.
Moving on to Antenna TV, with less than a month to its Jan. 1 launch, we now have affiliate substation numbers details for the digital service. In New York City, Antenna TV will be free over-the-air on WPIX's 11.3 substation. With this addition, THIS tv moves to the new 11.4 substation, while Estrella remains on the 11.2 substation. In Los Angeles, Antenna TV will be on KTLA's 5.2 substation, as THIS tv moves to the new 5.3 substation. As previously announced, in Chicago Antenna TV will be on WGN's 9.2 substation. Antenna TV will be available in 32 markets so far, including the 19 Tribune markets. View the stations so far for launch. Antenna TV will of course be available on many cable services in these markets as well, you just have to ask your cable company if they will be carrying it. Call and e-mail your local cable service providers and ask! Request it, if they have no plans! Word is Comcast will be adding it in many of these markets, including channel 353 in Chicago.
50 million homes will be reached in this first wave of station launches. Antenna TV also announced that legendary announcer Gary Owens is the voice of the channel. View some of our previous stories on Antenna TV, including the New Year's Launch Weekend marathons of Three Stooges & Benny Hill and the actual regular schedule featuring series such as All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Father Knows Best, Married...with Children, Maude, Good Times, Three's Company, Too Close for Comfort, The Partridge Family, Dennis the Menace and Burns & Allen.
Get ready for Antenna TV by watching some promos and join their Facebook page. Jan. 1 can't come fast enough!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 29
The Middle - "Halloween V" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's Halloween night, and Frankie and Mike are stunned – and a bit scared -- to learn that Brick has invited a girl over to the house just to hang with him. Meanwhile, to help supplement her college fund, Sue attempts to put together a pumpkin patch screening of the animated classic, “It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown,” and Axl reluctantly goes to the library to write a history paper and ironically gets locked inside after staying past closing hours.
The Goldbergs - "Family Takes Care of Beverly" (ABC, 8:30PM
When Pops accidentally starts a fire in his apartment during a Halloween party, he’s evicted and Beverly invites him to move into the Goldbergs’ home. Pops’ wild lifestyle is soon too much for the family to handle and they decide to look into other options. Meanwhile, Barry stops Erica from eating Pop Rocks candy with soda, since according to urban legend, the combination would kill her. Since he “saves” her, Barry wants something in return from Erica.
Modern Family - "Halloween 3: AwesomeLand" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Even though Halloween is Claire’s holiday, she allows Phil to take over this year so instead of her usual fright-fest theme, he decides to turn the house into AwesomeLand! Gloria picks out Princess Fiona and Shrek costumes for her and Jay but Jay decides he wants to be Prince Charming complete with a full head of gorgeous hair, and with the hair comes a new sense of confidence. Elsewhere, Cameron gets overwhelmed by the day’s activities and Mitchell has closing arguments for a huge case, and it doesn’t help that the stenographer is dressed like a spider.
black-ish - "The Prank King" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre fears his holiday fun will be ruined when the older kids balk at the glorious Johnson Halloween tradition of seeing who can pull the most outlandish pranks on each other.
The League - "Taco Standard Time" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Taco takes on the end of Daylight Savings Time. The guys try to help Lane (Zach Woods) during a difficult time. Andre and his cat M'Lady are on the rocks.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Please Say Yes" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph tries to come up with a proposal idea for Leslie; he finds himself struggling with the preparation.
Wednesday, October 29
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Watch Jon on Conan at 11pm on TBS. He will also appear with Ashton Kutcher on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey performs with M. Ward on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael J. Fox (The Michael J. Fox Show/Spin City/Family Ties and Tracy Pollan (Family Ties) - Michael and Tracy are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Tracy also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Justin Long (Mom/Ed) - Justin drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tone Bell (Bad Judge) - Tone is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) - Jennie reveals behind the scenes secrets of 90210, how she became a DIY queen and life post divorce on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri stops by The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Tyler Ritter (The McCarthys) - Tyler talks about his new comedy series The McCarthys on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra and Rach take on their stickiest challenge yet – a grape-stomping competition - on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Kyra Sedgwick (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Kyra talks about Brooklyn Nine-Nine on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Soleil will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about Chicken Soup for the Soul: Find Your Inner Strength on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.