Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Antenna TV New Year's Weekend Marathons; Hot in Cleveland Returns Jan. 19 with Special Guest Mary Tyler Moore!
Antenna TV launches with a Three Stooges marathon that starts at 12am on early Saturday, Jan. 1 through 3am on early Sunday, Jan. 2. That's 26 hours of non-stop hijinks from Larry, Moe & Curly! Taking over at 3am on that night will be the British comedy Benny Hill! The sketch comedy will run until 10am for an E/I series break, then Benny Hill is back for more comedy from 1pm-5am, before the regular schedule launches at 5am Monday, Jan. 3 with a movie. If you're counting, Benny Hill gets 23 hours worth of episodes (7 on Saturday night/Sunday morning and 16 hours Sunday afternoon to overnight).
Remember to view our story from two weeks ago to see what Antenna TV is airing regularly starting Jan. 3. You'll see classics like Burns & Allen, Hazel, Farmer's Daughter, Father Knows Best & Dennis the Menace to '70s hits like Partridge Family, Three's Company, Maude, Good Times, Sanford & Son, & All in the Family, and to weekend shows like Too Close for Comfort, The Monkees, The Three Stooges, Benny Hill, Here Come the Brides, Totally Tuned In, Adventures of Rin Tin Tin and more, plus more of your favorites from weekdays!
View the Antenna TV website for more info and to see if your market will carry this over-the-air network!
TV Land announced today that production has started on cable's highest-rated sitcom, Hot in Cleveland. The series, which garnered unprecedented ratings not only for the network but across cable, started production yesterday (Monday, November 1) and will return to the air with 20 fresh episodes starting Wednesday, January 19, 2011 in its 10:00 p.m. ET/PT timeslot. Hot in Cleveland stars acclaimed actresses Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time), Jane Leeves (Frasier), Wendie Malick (Just Shoot Me) and recent Emmy® Award-winner, Betty White (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls). The sitcom is the highest-rated and most-watched series in the history of the network and during its first season, it out-delivered big cable hits like Mad Men, Real Housewives of New Jersey, Army Wives, Project Runaway and more.
Season two picks up right where season one left off with Melanie, Joy and Victoria (Bertinelli, Leeves and Malick) trying to desperately "free Elka" (White) who was arrested after a stash of valuable jewels and goods - fenced by her mob-employed deceased husband - was found in her storm cellar.
In addition, Season One will be available on DVD on January 11, just in time to relive all ten hilarious episodes from the first season before the second season kicks off. The two-disc set is loaded with uproarious bonus material including: the original full-length pilot, bloopers, wardrobe featurette, we love our age featurette, a set tour, Victoria's (Malick) full-length Japanese "Lady Pants" commercial and more. The Hot In Cleveland Season One DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $26.99. Look for our DVD review closer to the release date!
And finally TV Land also announced today that beloved and acclaimed Emmy® award-winning actress and Oscar nominee Mary Tyler Moore (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show) will guest star on the second season premiere of the sitcom on Wednesday, January 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Moore will join the sensational veteran cast of Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White. The season premiere episode will be taped at CBS Radford, the same studio where The Mary Tyler Moore Show was taped 33 years ago (the series ended in 1977).
Moore's guest appearance will be the first time in 33 years that she and Betty White have acted on screen together since the groundbreaking hit The Mary Tyler Moore Show went off the air. Moore's role in the sitcom will involve White's character Elka, who in the season one cliffhanger, was arrested. Just who will Moore play? You'll gave to tune-in to see on Jan. 19! But one thing for sure is that, love is all around and Mary Tyler Moore is going to make it after all!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 1
The Middle - "The Loneliest Locker" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie and Mike scramble to find second jobs in a desperate attempt to afford sending Sue to a good college next year. Sue and Brad strive to do something different and important while writing, directing and starring in the senior play, entitled “The Loneliest Locker,” instead of eating the family out of house and home, Axl literally begins to take the home apart when he removes -- without asking -- as many household items as he can to furnish his and Hutch's new rented house, and Brick drives the family crazy when he finds a box containing all of his noisy and annoying childhood toys -- that were purposely stowed away by Frankie -- and begins playing with them.
The Goldbergs - "Mama Drama" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Adam’s desire to be the lead in the school musical, “Jesus Christ Superstar,” goes unfulfilled when he’s cast in something other than the leading role. Insistent her son is a star, Beverly casts Adam in a rival show, but when he becomes too self-obsessed for the rest of the cast, Beverly makes a drastic decision. Meanwhile, Murray’s disdain for traffic results in leaving every sporting event early much to Barry’s dismay, including a Flyers game that ends with an unprecedented event. Actor and comedienne Ana Gasteyer guest stars.
Modern Family - "Do Not Push" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Jay and Gloria’s anniversary and they can’t seem to get on the same page on what kind of gift to give – sentimental or expensive? And, the Dunphys head to Caltech for Alex’s college tour and while Claire is busy convincing her to choose this school and stay close to home, Phil, Luke and Haley branch off to participate in a psyche experiment. Mitch and Cam are taking a new family portrait with Lily to replace the old one above their mantel, but Lily gives some serious face.
black-ish - "The Talk" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre, disappointed that Bow has already given Andre Jr. “the talk” because she thinks he’s too big of a prude to do it, decides to rectify matters by giving his son HIS version of “the talk.” But Dre soon finds himself wishing he’d left well enough alone when Andre Jr. starts to drive him crazy with non-stop questions about sex.
The League - "The Hot Tub" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Jenny get a hot tub, Taco shops for a new home, Pete tries to put an end to hand holding.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Shawn" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Though Shawn thought she was looking for a man named Marcus, Todd discovers that Shawn is actually carrying his child.
Wednesday, October 1
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Cristin on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Tim stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Gone Girl on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney) - Tune in to see Nasim on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher talks about being crowned the "best butt in primetime" and shares who he still keeps in touch with from SVU on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Entusiasm) - Jeff chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James dishes with Rach on his new show, CSI: Cyber, and shares an adorable pic of his kids on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings. Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - Craig discusses the USO Comedy Tour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William discusses his new project Brown Bag Wine Tasting on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.