Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Antenna TV New Year's Weekend Marathons; Hot in Cleveland Returns Jan. 19 with Special Guest Mary Tyler Moore!
Antenna TV launches with a Three Stooges marathon that starts at 12am on early Saturday, Jan. 1 through 3am on early Sunday, Jan. 2. That's 26 hours of non-stop hijinks from Larry, Moe & Curly! Taking over at 3am on that night will be the British comedy Benny Hill! The sketch comedy will run until 10am for an E/I series break, then Benny Hill is back for more comedy from 1pm-5am, before the regular schedule launches at 5am Monday, Jan. 3 with a movie. If you're counting, Benny Hill gets 23 hours worth of episodes (7 on Saturday night/Sunday morning and 16 hours Sunday afternoon to overnight).
Remember to view our story from two weeks ago to see what Antenna TV is airing regularly starting Jan. 3. You'll see classics like Burns & Allen, Hazel, Farmer's Daughter, Father Knows Best & Dennis the Menace to '70s hits like Partridge Family, Three's Company, Maude, Good Times, Sanford & Son, & All in the Family, and to weekend shows like Too Close for Comfort, The Monkees, The Three Stooges, Benny Hill, Here Come the Brides, Totally Tuned In, Adventures of Rin Tin Tin and more, plus more of your favorites from weekdays!
View the Antenna TV website for more info and to see if your market will carry this over-the-air network!
TV Land announced today that production has started on cable's highest-rated sitcom, Hot in Cleveland. The series, which garnered unprecedented ratings not only for the network but across cable, started production yesterday (Monday, November 1) and will return to the air with 20 fresh episodes starting Wednesday, January 19, 2011 in its 10:00 p.m. ET/PT timeslot. Hot in Cleveland stars acclaimed actresses Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time), Jane Leeves (Frasier), Wendie Malick (Just Shoot Me) and recent Emmy® Award-winner, Betty White (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls). The sitcom is the highest-rated and most-watched series in the history of the network and during its first season, it out-delivered big cable hits like Mad Men, Real Housewives of New Jersey, Army Wives, Project Runaway and more.
Season two picks up right where season one left off with Melanie, Joy and Victoria (Bertinelli, Leeves and Malick) trying to desperately "free Elka" (White) who was arrested after a stash of valuable jewels and goods - fenced by her mob-employed deceased husband - was found in her storm cellar.
In addition, Season One will be available on DVD on January 11, just in time to relive all ten hilarious episodes from the first season before the second season kicks off. The two-disc set is loaded with uproarious bonus material including: the original full-length pilot, bloopers, wardrobe featurette, we love our age featurette, a set tour, Victoria's (Malick) full-length Japanese "Lady Pants" commercial and more. The Hot In Cleveland Season One DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $26.99. Look for our DVD review closer to the release date!
And finally TV Land also announced today that beloved and acclaimed Emmy® award-winning actress and Oscar nominee Mary Tyler Moore (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show) will guest star on the second season premiere of the sitcom on Wednesday, January 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Moore will join the sensational veteran cast of Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White. The season premiere episode will be taped at CBS Radford, the same studio where The Mary Tyler Moore Show was taped 33 years ago (the series ended in 1977).
Moore's guest appearance will be the first time in 33 years that she and Betty White have acted on screen together since the groundbreaking hit The Mary Tyler Moore Show went off the air. Moore's role in the sitcom will involve White's character Elka, who in the season one cliffhanger, was arrested. Just who will Moore play? You'll gave to tune-in to see on Jan. 19! But one thing for sure is that, love is all around and Mary Tyler Moore is going to make it after all!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.