Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Antenna TV New Year's Weekend Marathons; Hot in Cleveland Returns Jan. 19 with Special Guest Mary Tyler Moore!
Antenna TV launches with a Three Stooges marathon that starts at 12am on early Saturday, Jan. 1 through 3am on early Sunday, Jan. 2. That's 26 hours of non-stop hijinks from Larry, Moe & Curly! Taking over at 3am on that night will be the British comedy Benny Hill! The sketch comedy will run until 10am for an E/I series break, then Benny Hill is back for more comedy from 1pm-5am, before the regular schedule launches at 5am Monday, Jan. 3 with a movie. If you're counting, Benny Hill gets 23 hours worth of episodes (7 on Saturday night/Sunday morning and 16 hours Sunday afternoon to overnight).
Remember to view our story from two weeks ago to see what Antenna TV is airing regularly starting Jan. 3. You'll see classics like Burns & Allen, Hazel, Farmer's Daughter, Father Knows Best & Dennis the Menace to '70s hits like Partridge Family, Three's Company, Maude, Good Times, Sanford & Son, & All in the Family, and to weekend shows like Too Close for Comfort, The Monkees, The Three Stooges, Benny Hill, Here Come the Brides, Totally Tuned In, Adventures of Rin Tin Tin and more, plus more of your favorites from weekdays!
View the Antenna TV website for more info and to see if your market will carry this over-the-air network!
TV Land announced today that production has started on cable's highest-rated sitcom, Hot in Cleveland. The series, which garnered unprecedented ratings not only for the network but across cable, started production yesterday (Monday, November 1) and will return to the air with 20 fresh episodes starting Wednesday, January 19, 2011 in its 10:00 p.m. ET/PT timeslot. Hot in Cleveland stars acclaimed actresses Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time), Jane Leeves (Frasier), Wendie Malick (Just Shoot Me) and recent Emmy® Award-winner, Betty White (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls). The sitcom is the highest-rated and most-watched series in the history of the network and during its first season, it out-delivered big cable hits like Mad Men, Real Housewives of New Jersey, Army Wives, Project Runaway and more.
Season two picks up right where season one left off with Melanie, Joy and Victoria (Bertinelli, Leeves and Malick) trying to desperately "free Elka" (White) who was arrested after a stash of valuable jewels and goods - fenced by her mob-employed deceased husband - was found in her storm cellar.
In addition, Season One will be available on DVD on January 11, just in time to relive all ten hilarious episodes from the first season before the second season kicks off. The two-disc set is loaded with uproarious bonus material including: the original full-length pilot, bloopers, wardrobe featurette, we love our age featurette, a set tour, Victoria's (Malick) full-length Japanese "Lady Pants" commercial and more. The Hot In Cleveland Season One DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $26.99. Look for our DVD review closer to the release date!
And finally TV Land also announced today that beloved and acclaimed Emmy® award-winning actress and Oscar nominee Mary Tyler Moore (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show) will guest star on the second season premiere of the sitcom on Wednesday, January 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Moore will join the sensational veteran cast of Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White. The season premiere episode will be taped at CBS Radford, the same studio where The Mary Tyler Moore Show was taped 33 years ago (the series ended in 1977).
Moore's guest appearance will be the first time in 33 years that she and Betty White have acted on screen together since the groundbreaking hit The Mary Tyler Moore Show went off the air. Moore's role in the sitcom will involve White's character Elka, who in the season one cliffhanger, was arrested. Just who will Moore play? You'll gave to tune-in to see on Jan. 19! But one thing for sure is that, love is all around and Mary Tyler Moore is going to make it after all!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 31
Fresh Off the Boat - "Tight Two" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis prides himself on being a fun dad, but after he has an accident and is forced to stay home with the boys, he scrambles to find ways to entertain the kids. And while Louis is stuck at home, Jessica struggles to manage the staff and the new takeout service at Cattleman’s Ranch.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Phillip Goldstein" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie tries to befriend the only other Chinese kid in school (guest star Albert Tsai, “Trophy Wife”), but he’s in for a letdown after he finds out that they have nothing in common; Louis feels betrayed when Mitch (Paul Scheer) accepts a job at the rival Golden Saddle.
Tuesday, May 31
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Catch Megan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris appears on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Paul F. Tompkins (DAG) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael discusses hosting the 61st Drama Desk Awards on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley discusses her first ever beauty line Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jenna and her husband Bodhi discuss their hit podcast Kicking and Screaming on the the AOL Build Show at 5pm.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.