Wednesday, January 13, 2010
ION Television February 2010: My Name is Earl on Weekends; USA Network Acquires CSI Starting Dec. 2010, Exclusive Rights Start Sept. 2014
As for weekdays, starting Feb. 1, weekdays in the 4pm hour will now be back-to-back episodes of the court show Texas Justice, replacing Reba, which is now gone totally. Texas Justice was a court show which had cases that were judged by Larry Joe Doherty. The program was recorded at the studios of Fox station KRIV (Channel 26) in Houston, Texas. The series lasted for 4 1/2 seasons in syndication from January 2001 until it was cancelled in September 2005. Reba will remain on cable in Lifetime, so it isn't totally gone from television at least. No word when or if Reba will return to ION.
Other ION February 2010 notes includes a M*A*S*H sighting! But it is only one airing on Saturday, Feb. 27 at 3pm with the episode "The Pilot" airing. Strange, but at least an episode is airing. Movie premieres for ION in February are Basic, Twisted and Elopement. Movies encoring are Unbreakable, Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions, City of Angels, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Guarding Tess, and The Pelican Brief.
View the full ION Television February 2010 schedule and highlights.
USA Network has acquired the rights to reruns of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation for its second cycle. Under the agreement, USA will have non-exclusive rights to seasons 1-10 beginning December 2010 (shared with Spike TV). Starting Fall 2011, USA will also have the exclusive off-network rights to premiere CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Seasons 11 and beyond. Beginning September 2014, NBCU shall be the exclusive home of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, as Spike TV loses the rights to the series. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation will be available to air on other NBCU owned networks like Bravo. Sources close to the deal say USA is paying in the neighborhood of $500,000 per episodes for the CBS TV Studios-produced show.
CSI will join the rerun rose of NCIS, JAG, Law and Order: SVU, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, House, and more. NCIS spin-off NCIS: Los Angeles is also set to make USA its rerun home in Fall 2011 airing weekly then weekdays by Fall 2013. With a lineup of originals led by Monk, Psych, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, & White Collar that continues to set ratings highs, USA was No. 1 basic cable network in 2009 in the 18-49 demo, increasing 29% from 2008.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.