Wednesday, June 22, 2016
CBS is next to announce their Fall 2016 premiere dates, joining NBC, Fox and CW. ABC is the only one left now. The multi-phase rollout to the new season kicks-off (literally) with Thursday Night Football on Sept. 15. Case Closed, a six-hour/three-night limited series event docu-thriller that re-examines the unsolved JonBenét Ramsey murder 20 years later, debuts Sunday, Sept. 18 from 8:30-10:30pm. Part two airs the following night (Monday, Sept. 19) from 9-11pm and the finale is Sunday, Sept. 25 from 8:30-10:30pm. Premiere Week opens with The Big Bang Theory, leading into the series premiere of Kevin Can Wait starring Kevin James at 8:30PM on Monday, Sept. 19. New drama Bull joins NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans when they premiere Tuesday, Sept. 20, with Bull at 9pm. Survivor returns on Wednesday, Sept. 21 with a 90-minute premiere leading into the 90-minute finale of Big Brother. Then, MacGyver debuts Friday, Sept. 23 at 8:00 PM, followed by the season premieres of Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods. On Sunday, Sept. 25, 60 Minutes has its season premiere following NFL coverage at approx. 7:30 PM.
The following week has the season premieres of Criminal Minds and Code Black on Wednesday, Sept. 28 starting at 9pm. The CBS Sunday dramas return on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 8pm with NCIS: Los Angeles, then Madam Secretary and Elementary follow. CBS drama Scorpion returns with a two-hour premiere on Monday, Oct. 3 from 9-11pm, then it slides into its new time period of 10pm on Oct. 10. 2 Broke Girls returns with an one-hour premiere on Monday, Oct. 10 at 9pm, as The Odd Couple has its season premiere on Monday, Oct. 17 at 9:30pm. Sticking with Mondays, on Oct. 24, Kevin Can Wait slides up to 8:00 PM, leading into the series premiere of Man With a Plan starring Matt LeBlanc. And finally, CBS's Thursday night entertainment lineup returns Oct. 27 With The Big Bang Theory at 8:00 PM, new comedy The Great Indoors with Joel McHale at 8:30 PM, Mom at 9:00 PM, Life in Pieces at 9:30 PM and new medical drama Pure Genius at 10:00 PM with an ensemble cast starring Augustus Prew, Dermot Mulroney, Odette Annable, Reshma Shetty and Brenda Song.
The hit animated comedy series Archer has been renewed for three more seasons. Archer will return for an eight-episode season 8 in early 2017, followed by two additional eight-episode seasons. FX Networks has also reached a new overall production deal with Floyd County Productions. Archer is an animated, half-hour comedy that revolves around a former spy agency turned private investigation firm and the lives of its employees. The Figgis Agency presented all new challenges for the former spies in Season 7, the most difficult of which might have been the move to Los Angeles. Every seedy surveillance of a suspected adulterer or investigation into insurance fraud was actually just another excuse for the staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain.
The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the highly skilled and incredibly vain private eye "Sterling Archer;" Aisha Tyler as Archer's fellow detective and on-again-off-again girlfriend, "Lana Kane;" Jessica Walter as Archer's domineering mother and former spy agency director, "Malory Archer;" Chris Parnell as the agency owner and lead investigator "Cyril Figgis;" Judy Greer as the agency's loquacious, dingbat secretary, "Cheryl;" Amber Nash as the gruff but lovable muscle, "Pam Poovey;" Adam Reed as the gay voice of reason, "Ray Gillette;" and Lucky Yates as the firm's possibly mad scientist/possible clone of himself, "Krieger."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.