Wednesday, June 22, 2016
CBS is next to announce their Fall 2016 premiere dates, joining NBC, Fox and CW. ABC is the only one left now. The multi-phase rollout to the new season kicks-off (literally) with Thursday Night Football on Sept. 15. Case Closed, a six-hour/three-night limited series event docu-thriller that re-examines the unsolved JonBenét Ramsey murder 20 years later, debuts Sunday, Sept. 18 from 8:30-10:30pm. Part two airs the following night (Monday, Sept. 19) from 9-11pm and the finale is Sunday, Sept. 25 from 8:30-10:30pm. Premiere Week opens with The Big Bang Theory, leading into the series premiere of Kevin Can Wait starring Kevin James at 8:30PM on Monday, Sept. 19. New drama Bull joins NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans when they premiere Tuesday, Sept. 20, with Bull at 9pm. Survivor returns on Wednesday, Sept. 21 with a 90-minute premiere leading into the 90-minute finale of Big Brother. Then, MacGyver debuts Friday, Sept. 23 at 8:00 PM, followed by the season premieres of Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods. On Sunday, Sept. 25, 60 Minutes has its season premiere following NFL coverage at approx. 7:30 PM.
The following week has the season premieres of Criminal Minds and Code Black on Wednesday, Sept. 28 starting at 9pm. The CBS Sunday dramas return on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 8pm with NCIS: Los Angeles, then Madam Secretary and Elementary follow. CBS drama Scorpion returns with a two-hour premiere on Monday, Oct. 3 from 9-11pm, then it slides into its new time period of 10pm on Oct. 10. 2 Broke Girls returns with an one-hour premiere on Monday, Oct. 10 at 9pm, as The Odd Couple has its season premiere on Monday, Oct. 17 at 9:30pm. Sticking with Mondays, on Oct. 24, Kevin Can Wait slides up to 8:00 PM, leading into the series premiere of Man With a Plan starring Matt LeBlanc. And finally, CBS's Thursday night entertainment lineup returns Oct. 27 With The Big Bang Theory at 8:00 PM, new comedy The Great Indoors with Joel McHale at 8:30 PM, Mom at 9:00 PM, Life in Pieces at 9:30 PM and new medical drama Pure Genius at 10:00 PM with an ensemble cast starring Augustus Prew, Dermot Mulroney, Odette Annable, Reshma Shetty and Brenda Song.
The hit animated comedy series Archer has been renewed for three more seasons. Archer will return for an eight-episode season 8 in early 2017, followed by two additional eight-episode seasons. FX Networks has also reached a new overall production deal with Floyd County Productions. Archer is an animated, half-hour comedy that revolves around a former spy agency turned private investigation firm and the lives of its employees. The Figgis Agency presented all new challenges for the former spies in Season 7, the most difficult of which might have been the move to Los Angeles. Every seedy surveillance of a suspected adulterer or investigation into insurance fraud was actually just another excuse for the staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain.
The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the highly skilled and incredibly vain private eye "Sterling Archer;" Aisha Tyler as Archer's fellow detective and on-again-off-again girlfriend, "Lana Kane;" Jessica Walter as Archer's domineering mother and former spy agency director, "Malory Archer;" Chris Parnell as the agency owner and lead investigator "Cyril Figgis;" Judy Greer as the agency's loquacious, dingbat secretary, "Cheryl;" Amber Nash as the gruff but lovable muscle, "Pam Poovey;" Adam Reed as the gay voice of reason, "Ray Gillette;" and Lucky Yates as the firm's possibly mad scientist/possible clone of himself, "Krieger."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.