Wednesday, November 04, 2015
Spend the holidays with your favorite sitcom stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network airing in 111 TV markets across the US, reaching 79% of TV households, airs holiday episodes and themed marathons throughout the holiday season. Catch Thanksgiving episodes of your favorite sitcoms like All in the Family and Too Close for Comfort on Wednesday, Nov. 25 beginning at 5pm ET through 12am ET. And on Thanksgiving itself, Antenna TV will air "The Cleaver Family Thanksgiving Day Marathon," a 27-hour Leave it to Beaver marathon starting at 12midnight ET on Thursday, November 26, 2015.
Next, snuggle up with a cup of hot cocoa and your TV remote, Antenna TV is bringing you a Christmas full of the most beloved TV shows that celebrate the holiday season. It starts off at 3pm ET on Christmas Eve (Thursday, December 24) with the 15-hour "Classic Christmas Collection," a showcase of Antenna TV's classic TV holiday episodes. Then at 6am ET on Christmas Day (Friday, December 25), gather the family around the TV to warm up next to the original "Yule Log" featuring a crackling fireplace and soothing Christmas music. The holiday favorites continue at 10am ET with more from the "Classic Christmas Collection," which includes holiday episodes spanning from the '50s through the '90s. Sitcoms airing in the marathon include holiday episodes of series not on the schedule (yet) like Webster, Dear John, Mork & Mindy and Wings!
Moving on to New Year's Eve, make a date with Antenna TV this New Year's Eve, and enjoy laughter and celebration all through the night. The party starts at 8pm ET on New Year's Eve, featuring alternating episodes of The Jack Benny Program and The Burns and Allen Show and continues for 9 hours (until 5am ET). Then the New Year means it's time for a new start and Antenna TV leads the way with a "Fresh Start" marathon from 5am-11pm ET on Friday, January 1, 2016. See how Antenna TV's classic shows started out with the airing of pilots and memorable firsts of each series, including the premiere of three new shows on Antenna TV: Johnny Carson, Mork & Mindy and Dear John. And finally...here's Johnny! Beginning January 1, Antenna TV will tuck America in each weeknight with a 60-minute classic Johnny Carson episode airing at 11 pm ET with a rebroadcast at 2 am ET. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10 pm ET with a rebroadcast at 1:30 am ET.
We will have more on the new Antenna TV January 2016 schedule that will have Johnny Carson, Mork & Mindy and Dear John. No word yet if Webster and Wings will join the lineup yet, but enjoy the Christmas airings this Christmas Eve and Day! Stay with us.
TBS has given a greenlight to Search Party, a dark comedy about a group of four self-absorbed 20-somethings who come together when a former college acquaintance mysteriously disappears. Led by Alia Shawkat (Arrested Development), the cast of Search Party features an ensemble of young comic actors, including John Early, John Reynolds and Meredith Hagner. The pilot was written and directed by Sarah-Violet Bliss and Charles Rogers, whose credits include the 2014 SXSW Film Festival Grand Jury Award-winning feature film Fort Tilden and Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, and overseen by Michael Showalter (Hello, My Name Is Doris, Wet Hot American Summer). Tony Hernandez (Broad City, Inside Amy Schumer, Louie) and Lilly Burns (Broad City, Difficult People, Younger) will serve as executive producers, alongside Showalter, Rogers and Bliss. Plans call for Search Party to launch domestically across TBS's linear, digital and mobile platforms in 2016. Turner International's general entertainment networks will partner to present the series outside of North America.
Search Party centers on Dory (Shawkat), a fragile, frustrated, life-long doormat who's not particularly proud of her impact on the world, especially since her greatest accomplishment to date is organizing clothes to be donated to Goodwill for her wealthy employer. Dory feels stuck in a stale and disconnected relationship with her boyfriend, Drew (Reynolds), a kind of clueless, complacent, spoon-fed doofus who just really loves Christmas. She also feels removed from her closest friends, Elliott (Early), a self-diagnosed narcissist who loves adding job titles to his designer-stylist-curator multi-hyphenate lifestyle, and Portia (Hagner), an actress always struggling to balance the challenging demands of chronic insecurity and pathological self-absorption.
Search Party opens with Dory learning that Chantal, a girl she barely knew in college, has gone missing. Despite having almost no personal connection to her, Dory becomes fixated on the mystery. Dory, Drew, Elliott, and Portia are not crime solvers. They value brunch, parties, and their own loud opinions. So when Dory drags them into a bumbling, perilous pursuit to find the missing girl, they soon learn the meaning of real danger and become entangled in a sinister plot that is more than their privileged Brooklyn lifestyles ever bargained for.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.