Monday, March 24, 2014
TV Land has given a pilot order to Teachers, based on the popular web series of the same name. The show revolves around six elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds and lives of America's youth, but they don't really seem to have their own lives together at all. From making their class help them stalk exes online to altering a grade because the art teacher is "kind of a b****," these teachers are certainly changing the world, one student at a time. Alison Brie (Community) is attached as an executive producer, and the stars of the web series, all named a version of "Katie" - Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O'Brien and Katie Thomas - are all signed on to reprise their roles.
Barlow, Colloton, Freedman, Lambert, O'Brien and Thomas, who call their group The Katydids, are all from Chicago with experience at The Second City, The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York and iO West in Los Angeles. Their web series, Teachers, can be watched at TeachersWebSeries.com. Matt Miller (Chuck, Las Vegas) and Cap Gun TV are executive producers alongside Brie, and Jones and Keith Cox will serve as executive producers for TV Land. This is just a pilot order, so stay with us if TV Land decides to order this pilot to series.
CBS has announced season finale airdates that will include a one-hour series finale for How I Met Your Mother (as previously announced), the one-hour season finale for The Crazy Ones and a two-hour finale for Survivor, followed by the reunion special. First up is the final episode of How I Met Your Mother on Monday, March 31 from 8-9pm and later that night is the season finale of drama Intelligence at 10. The season finale of freshman sitcom Mom will be on Monday, April 14 at 9:30pm, while fellow freshman comedy The Crazy Ones will wrap up with a two-episode finale on Thursday, April 17 from 9-10pm. The latter and Intelligence are still waiting to be picked-up for next season, while Mom has already been picked-up. All of the other finales will be in the May sweep, with 2 Broke Girls on Monday, May 5 at 8. The rest include: CSI on Wednesday, May 7 at 10; Two and a Half Men on Thursday, May 8 at 9; Hawaii Five-0 & Blue Bloods on Friday, May 9 from 9-11pm; and the Tuesday dramas NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Person of Interest on Tuesday, May 13 from 8-11pm.
The next night will be the Criminal Minds season finale on Wednesday, May 14 at 9. The rest of the Thursday series will wrap-up on the last Thursday of the season on May 15, with Big Bang Theory at 8, The Millers at 8:30pm and Elementary at 10. The final Sunday of the season on May 18 will have the season finales of The Amazing Race, The Good Wife and The Mentalist from 8-11pm. Mike & Molly will be the only Monday series to have its finale on the last Monday of the season on May 19 at 9. With many CBS series ending early by a week or two, it is still to be determined what will air the subsequent week(s). And finally, Survivor will wrap-up on its regular night (Wednesday) for the first time in years, as it will not end on a Sunday like usual. The Survivor finale event will be on the last day of the TV season on Wednesday, May 21 from 8-11pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.