Monday, March 24, 2014
TV Land has given a pilot order to Teachers, based on the popular web series of the same name. The show revolves around six elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds and lives of America's youth, but they don't really seem to have their own lives together at all. From making their class help them stalk exes online to altering a grade because the art teacher is "kind of a b****," these teachers are certainly changing the world, one student at a time. Alison Brie (Community) is attached as an executive producer, and the stars of the web series, all named a version of "Katie" - Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O'Brien and Katie Thomas - are all signed on to reprise their roles.
Barlow, Colloton, Freedman, Lambert, O'Brien and Thomas, who call their group The Katydids, are all from Chicago with experience at The Second City, The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York and iO West in Los Angeles. Their web series, Teachers, can be watched at TeachersWebSeries.com. Matt Miller (Chuck, Las Vegas) and Cap Gun TV are executive producers alongside Brie, and Jones and Keith Cox will serve as executive producers for TV Land. This is just a pilot order, so stay with us if TV Land decides to order this pilot to series.
CBS has announced season finale airdates that will include a one-hour series finale for How I Met Your Mother (as previously announced), the one-hour season finale for The Crazy Ones and a two-hour finale for Survivor, followed by the reunion special. First up is the final episode of How I Met Your Mother on Monday, March 31 from 8-9pm and later that night is the season finale of drama Intelligence at 10. The season finale of freshman sitcom Mom will be on Monday, April 14 at 9:30pm, while fellow freshman comedy The Crazy Ones will wrap up with a two-episode finale on Thursday, April 17 from 9-10pm. The latter and Intelligence are still waiting to be picked-up for next season, while Mom has already been picked-up. All of the other finales will be in the May sweep, with 2 Broke Girls on Monday, May 5 at 8. The rest include: CSI on Wednesday, May 7 at 10; Two and a Half Men on Thursday, May 8 at 9; Hawaii Five-0 & Blue Bloods on Friday, May 9 from 9-11pm; and the Tuesday dramas NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Person of Interest on Tuesday, May 13 from 8-11pm.
The next night will be the Criminal Minds season finale on Wednesday, May 14 at 9. The rest of the Thursday series will wrap-up on the last Thursday of the season on May 15, with Big Bang Theory at 8, The Millers at 8:30pm and Elementary at 10. The final Sunday of the season on May 18 will have the season finales of The Amazing Race, The Good Wife and The Mentalist from 8-11pm. Mike & Molly will be the only Monday series to have its finale on the last Monday of the season on May 19 at 9. With many CBS series ending early by a week or two, it is still to be determined what will air the subsequent week(s). And finally, Survivor will wrap-up on its regular night (Wednesday) for the first time in years, as it will not end on a Sunday like usual. The Survivor finale event will be on the last day of the TV season on Wednesday, May 21 from 8-11pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.