Monday, March 24, 2014
TV Land has given a pilot order to Teachers, based on the popular web series of the same name. The show revolves around six elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds and lives of America's youth, but they don't really seem to have their own lives together at all. From making their class help them stalk exes online to altering a grade because the art teacher is "kind of a b****," these teachers are certainly changing the world, one student at a time. Alison Brie (Community) is attached as an executive producer, and the stars of the web series, all named a version of "Katie" - Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O'Brien and Katie Thomas - are all signed on to reprise their roles.
Barlow, Colloton, Freedman, Lambert, O'Brien and Thomas, who call their group The Katydids, are all from Chicago with experience at The Second City, The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York and iO West in Los Angeles. Their web series, Teachers, can be watched at TeachersWebSeries.com. Matt Miller (Chuck, Las Vegas) and Cap Gun TV are executive producers alongside Brie, and Jones and Keith Cox will serve as executive producers for TV Land. This is just a pilot order, so stay with us if TV Land decides to order this pilot to series.
CBS has announced season finale airdates that will include a one-hour series finale for How I Met Your Mother (as previously announced), the one-hour season finale for The Crazy Ones and a two-hour finale for Survivor, followed by the reunion special. First up is the final episode of How I Met Your Mother on Monday, March 31 from 8-9pm and later that night is the season finale of drama Intelligence at 10. The season finale of freshman sitcom Mom will be on Monday, April 14 at 9:30pm, while fellow freshman comedy The Crazy Ones will wrap up with a two-episode finale on Thursday, April 17 from 9-10pm. The latter and Intelligence are still waiting to be picked-up for next season, while Mom has already been picked-up. All of the other finales will be in the May sweep, with 2 Broke Girls on Monday, May 5 at 8. The rest include: CSI on Wednesday, May 7 at 10; Two and a Half Men on Thursday, May 8 at 9; Hawaii Five-0 & Blue Bloods on Friday, May 9 from 9-11pm; and the Tuesday dramas NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Person of Interest on Tuesday, May 13 from 8-11pm.
The next night will be the Criminal Minds season finale on Wednesday, May 14 at 9. The rest of the Thursday series will wrap-up on the last Thursday of the season on May 15, with Big Bang Theory at 8, The Millers at 8:30pm and Elementary at 10. The final Sunday of the season on May 18 will have the season finales of The Amazing Race, The Good Wife and The Mentalist from 8-11pm. Mike & Molly will be the only Monday series to have its finale on the last Monday of the season on May 19 at 9. With many CBS series ending early by a week or two, it is still to be determined what will air the subsequent week(s). And finally, Survivor will wrap-up on its regular night (Wednesday) for the first time in years, as it will not end on a Sunday like usual. The Survivor finale event will be on the last day of the TV season on Wednesday, May 21 from 8-11pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.