Monday, March 03, 2014
Hallmark Channel March 2014 with The Middle; USA Network Schedules Second Comedy, Playing House, for April 29
Hallmark Channel launched its new acquisition The Middle yesterday (Sunday, March 2) with airings at 11:00pm & 11:30pm. The sitcom didn't get the planned marathon on March 2 as originally planned, though. The Middle will air weeknights (Mon-Fri) starting tonight at 9:00pm & 9:30pm and also Sunday nights at 11:00pm & 11:30pm, which started last night. The Brady Bunch is the odd series out on the schedule, as its 2-5pm block is replaced by more Little House on the Prairie, now extended and moved to 2-5pm. The Waltons will follow and air four episodes from 5-9pm, leading into The Middle. Just to note, The Middle was originally planned to air in primetime from 8-10pm, but now Hallmark has decided to launch it for an hour only with The Waltons as a lead-in. The Middle started in syndication this past September in local syndication and also on cable on ABC Family. Back to Hallmark, the rest of the Hallmark Channel schedule in March will remain intact with I Love Lucy, The Golden Girls, Frasier, Cheers and original daytime talker Home & Family. Stay with us for continued updates on Hallmark and The Heck clan.
USA Network's first comedy Sirens is launching this Thursday, but now they have scheduled a second original comedy series! USA Network's new comedy Playing House will premiere Tuesday, April 29 at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following top comedy series Modern Family with two back to back episodes. Following the premiere, the series will resume with a new half-hour episode every Tuesday beginning May 6 from 10-10:30pm ET/PT. The series, starring and executive produced by Jessica St. Clair (Best Friends Forever) and Lennon Parham (Best Friends Forever), is a single-camera buddy comedy about what happens when two best friends come back together just when they need each other the most. Childhood best friends Maggie Caruso and Emma Crawford have shared countless adventures growing up together in the charming town of Pinebrook, CT. Now, Maggie and Emma are in store for one of their biggest adventures yet - raising a baby. When Maggie discovers that her husband is having an online affair with a muscular German woman, Emma gives up her burgeoning business career in China to stay in their hometown and help Maggie raise her baby. Meanwhile, as Maggie prepares for the birth of her first child and the fallout of her marriage ending, Emma must confront the past that she abruptly left behind thirteen years ago -- her first love and local cop Mark (Keegan-Michael Key), her prim-and-proper mother (Jane Kaczmarek) and a small town that she's never felt comfortable in. Despite their differences - Emma is brash, bold, and assertive while Maggie is grounded, rational, and safe - the women complement each other the way only best friends can, by facing the challenges of their past, present and future--together. Joining St. Clair and Parham are comedic actors Keegan-Michael Key (Key and Peele), Jane Kaczmarek (Malcom in the Middle), Brad Morris (Seeking a Friend for the End of the World), Zach Woods (The Office) and Gerry Bednob (The 40-Year-Old Virgin). Additionally, an all-star line-up of comedy vets will stop by the small town of Pinebrook, Connecticut. Bobby Moynihan (SNL), Lindsay Sloane (Horrible Bosses), Jason Mantzoukas (The League), Ian Roberts (Upright Citizen Brigade Co-Founder), Andy Daly (Eastbound and Down) John Lutz (SNL, Larry Wilmore (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart) and Ryan McPartlin (Chuck) will all appear in guest star roles on the series.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.