Monday, March 03, 2014
Hallmark Channel March 2014 with The Middle; USA Network Schedules Second Comedy, Playing House, for April 29
Hallmark Channel launched its new acquisition The Middle yesterday (Sunday, March 2) with airings at 11:00pm & 11:30pm. The sitcom didn't get the planned marathon on March 2 as originally planned, though. The Middle will air weeknights (Mon-Fri) starting tonight at 9:00pm & 9:30pm and also Sunday nights at 11:00pm & 11:30pm, which started last night. The Brady Bunch is the odd series out on the schedule, as its 2-5pm block is replaced by more Little House on the Prairie, now extended and moved to 2-5pm. The Waltons will follow and air four episodes from 5-9pm, leading into The Middle. Just to note, The Middle was originally planned to air in primetime from 8-10pm, but now Hallmark has decided to launch it for an hour only with The Waltons as a lead-in. The Middle started in syndication this past September in local syndication and also on cable on ABC Family. Back to Hallmark, the rest of the Hallmark Channel schedule in March will remain intact with I Love Lucy, The Golden Girls, Frasier, Cheers and original daytime talker Home & Family. Stay with us for continued updates on Hallmark and The Heck clan.
USA Network's first comedy Sirens is launching this Thursday, but now they have scheduled a second original comedy series! USA Network's new comedy Playing House will premiere Tuesday, April 29 at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following top comedy series Modern Family with two back to back episodes. Following the premiere, the series will resume with a new half-hour episode every Tuesday beginning May 6 from 10-10:30pm ET/PT. The series, starring and executive produced by Jessica St. Clair (Best Friends Forever) and Lennon Parham (Best Friends Forever), is a single-camera buddy comedy about what happens when two best friends come back together just when they need each other the most. Childhood best friends Maggie Caruso and Emma Crawford have shared countless adventures growing up together in the charming town of Pinebrook, CT. Now, Maggie and Emma are in store for one of their biggest adventures yet - raising a baby. When Maggie discovers that her husband is having an online affair with a muscular German woman, Emma gives up her burgeoning business career in China to stay in their hometown and help Maggie raise her baby. Meanwhile, as Maggie prepares for the birth of her first child and the fallout of her marriage ending, Emma must confront the past that she abruptly left behind thirteen years ago -- her first love and local cop Mark (Keegan-Michael Key), her prim-and-proper mother (Jane Kaczmarek) and a small town that she's never felt comfortable in. Despite their differences - Emma is brash, bold, and assertive while Maggie is grounded, rational, and safe - the women complement each other the way only best friends can, by facing the challenges of their past, present and future--together. Joining St. Clair and Parham are comedic actors Keegan-Michael Key (Key and Peele), Jane Kaczmarek (Malcom in the Middle), Brad Morris (Seeking a Friend for the End of the World), Zach Woods (The Office) and Gerry Bednob (The 40-Year-Old Virgin). Additionally, an all-star line-up of comedy vets will stop by the small town of Pinebrook, Connecticut. Bobby Moynihan (SNL), Lindsay Sloane (Horrible Bosses), Jason Mantzoukas (The League), Ian Roberts (Upright Citizen Brigade Co-Founder), Andy Daly (Eastbound and Down) John Lutz (SNL, Larry Wilmore (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart) and Ryan McPartlin (Chuck) will all appear in guest star roles on the series.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Collaboration Fluctuation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard, Penny and Raj adjust to their new living arrangement, and Sheldon takes an interest in Amy’s work.
The Great Indoors - "Cubicles" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jack can’t concentrate because of the millennials’ distracting juvenile behavior, Brooke installs cubicles in the bullpen.
Mom - "Black Mold and an Old Hot Dog" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy helps Jill adjust to being a new foster mother, and Bonnie has trouble convincing tenants that she’s a good building manager.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepover Dream Light Haze" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Matt and Colleen take a strong sleep aid, they start experiencing crazy sleepwalking adventures. Also, Greg gets upset when Jen reveals she had a sex dream about a member of the family; Tim regrets missing a slumber party when he was a kid so he insists on helping Sophia make it through a friend’s sleepover; and John installs a motion-sensor light in the yard that flashes repeatedly, keeping them up at night. Fortune Feimster returns as Colleen’s roommate, Dougie, and J.B. Smoove returns as John and Joan’s neighbor, Darryl.
Superstore - "Seasonal Help" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to Amy's (America Ferrera) dismay, Glenn (Mark McKinney) hires Amy's husband, Adam (guest star Ryan Gaul), for some extra help, exposing her in ways in which she is not prepared. Frustrated with the lazy, noncommittal temps, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) start an employee draft to place bets on who will quit first while Glenn tries to find the perfect person to play Santa at the store for Christmas.
Powerless - "I'ma Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Thursday, March 30
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and the AOL Build Show at 4pm.
- Louis C.K. (Louie/Lucky Louie) - Louie appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Regina King (227) - Regina stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marissa is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Happy Family/Welcome to New York) - Christine appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) and Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Alec and Lisa talk about The Baby Boss on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Katey Sagal (Superior Donuts/Married with Children/8 Simple Rules) - Katey discusses her new book Grace Notes: My Recollections on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.