Monday, September 02, 2013
We have mentioned many of these already, but it's a good reminder if you have forgotten! First, we just recently mentioned about WLNY-TV in NYC's Brady Bunch Labor Day marathon! It's a full day of the Brady clan in New York from 9am-9pm! If you love The Waltons, Hallmark Channel will have a Holiday movie marathon of that drama from 10am-10pm featuring six TV movies. Labor Day means Jerry Lewis and Antenna TV salutes his slapstick with a full day of Jerry Lewis' classic comedies on Labor Day beginning at 5am ET and lasting 24-hours. Airing will be Three on a Couch (1966), The Big Mouth (1967), Don't Raise the Bridge, Lower the River (1968) and Hook, Line and Sinker (1969). Moving on, sitcom fans will want to tune into the TV Land Andy Griffith Show marathon on Labor Day from 8am-6pm, followed by a block of original sitcom Hot in Cleveland from 6-9pm, as that sitcom will have its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 4. We also mentioned that FX will air an all-day marathon of Two and a Half Men on Labor Day beginning at 7am, while new spin-off network FXX launches with a Parks & Recreation Labor Day marathon. ABC Family will air a Melissa & Joey marathon on Labor Day from 12pm-4:30pm, as the season finale airs this Wednesday at 8.
For stuff we have not mentioned yet: TV One says "hey, hey, hey," with a What's Happening!! marathon on Labor Day tonight from 8pm-5am! Centric will showcase a Moesha marathon from 9am-11pm. IFC will have an Arrested Development marathon from 6:15am-5:15pm. TNT will solve crimes with Castle on Labor Day with a marathon from 10am-10pm. Sister network Centric has an all-day movie marathon from 9am-4am. Nick at Nite will give us many laughs with a Friends marathon from 8pm-4am, while ION will entertain us by airing a Criminal Minds Labor Day marathon from 11am-3am. Hallmark Movie Channel has a Perry Mason Mystery movie marathon from 6am-6am. USA Network has a Labor Day marathon for NCIS starting at 8am lasting through 8pm. GSN has a marathon of Minute to Win Itfrom 8am-6pm.
Other marathons of note on Labor Day are the Ghost Whisperer marathon on Chiller from 6am-6am, Law & Order: Criminal Intent marathon on Oxygen from 6am-6pm, Ovation has a Smash marathon from 3pm-11pm. The Hub will have an Animaniacs marathon from 3:30pm-8pm, Nick has a SpongeBob SquarePants marathon from 6am-8pm, Comedy Central has a Tosh.0 marathon, while OWN has a The Haves and the Have Nots marathon from 9am-2am and if you're looking for sports, you might want to check out NBA TV's classic NBA games marathon from 6am-6pm.
Reality wise, marathons include Total Divas and Keeping Up with the Kardashians on E! A&E has a Storage Wars marathon, while History has Pawn Stars and Counting Cars. And VH1 has a Mob Wives marathon. Looking for movies? AMC and BET will have an assortment of movies, while Lifetime also has a movie marathon including films from Tyler Perry. Sister network LMN will have a Baby Movie Marathon. Syfy has a Shark Movie Marathon, with another airing of Sharknado included at 9pm. I guess there is something for everyone...
View some more TV marathons for this holiday weekend from our buddies at TVTango.com!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.