Thursday, August 01, 2013
It's day four of our look at the fall 2013 cable and digital TV schedules, and today we will bring you the FX fall schedule. They will be actually adding some older series for a change. Starting Tuesday, Sept. 3, FX turns back the clock and brings back a series that they aired before -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer! The hit Sarah Michelle Gellar drama will air every morning (seven days a week) at 7am & 8am (unless a movie preempts an airing), as it returns for the first time on FX since 2008. Even more surprising is the next acquisition. FX has picked-up the cable rights to the 1994-98 sitcom Ellen starring Ellen DeGeneres! This will be an FX premiere as the series has never aired on the network. Ellen will air mornings Mon-Sat from 9-11am, but also a movie could preempt and airing or two on random days. Ellen has aired on other networks like Lifetime and Oxygen, but hasn't aired anywhere in quite some time. Back to Buffy, the series has aired on many networks since it left FX, including the Viacom world (MTV, TeenNick, Logo) and NBCUniversal (Chiller and Oxygen). The series continues to air on Chiller and will continue to air, but it seems that Viacom networks will lose the drama to FX. Elsewhere on the FX fall schedule it will be status quo. From 11am-8pm will be movies, How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men, with no real set schedule. Ideally, FX likes to air How I Met Your Mother from 5-7pm and Two and a Half Men from 2-3pm and 7-8pm, but that's not always the case. In primetime, there are movies and original series (like Anger Management) thru 11pm. Encores of originals or a movie fill the rest of the schedule out from 11pm to the wee hours. We mentioned that How I Met Your Mother will be airing on the new FX spin-off network FXX, but as you can see it will still be on FX as well. You'll find the sitcom on both FX and FXX this fall. We will announce the FXX schedule sometime next week and it will have some older series that will surprise you as well. Stay tuned! Highlights for FX Fall 2013 include a Two and a Half Men Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 2 from 7am-5:30pm. The season finale of Wilfred is on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 10. The 90-minute season premiere of Sons of Anarchy on Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 10 following the broadcast premiere of the movie X-Men: First Class. The broadcast premiere of Moneyball on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 7. The season premiere of American Horror Story: Coven is on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 10 following the broadcast premiere of Paranormal Activity. The following week as the broadcast premiere of Paranormal Activity 2. Other movie premieres include The Green Lantern. Discuss the FX Fall 2013 schedule on our message board. And stay with us for the FXX launch schedule very soon!
MTV2 has added the Melissa Joan Hart sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch to its line-up to compliment similar series Boy Meets World and Saved by the Bell as of July 27. The sitcom is primarily used on Saturdays from about 7-11am. It will pop-up on some weekdays as well in the mornings from 9am-12pm to lead into the regular Saved by the Bell (12-2pm) and Boy Meets World (2-4pm) airings. Other sitcoms MTV2 airs are Wayans Bros., Everybody Hates Chris, Martin and the sketch comedy In Living Color. They have quietly removed Smart Guy and Living Single after being added in April, while Martin has been reduced heavily. Sabrina, the Teenage Witch continues to air on The Hub, airing Mon-Thurs at 2am so this is a shared deal with The Hub. Smart Guy continues to air on Up, while Living Single is still on TV One with Martin. Stay with us for continued updates and to see what MTV2 looks like in the fall, if any changes.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 2
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Slump" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake has a slew of unsolved cases that he can’t seem to close, and the other detectives don’t want his losing streak to rub off on them. Meanwhile, Holt asks Amy to run lead on the Junior Policeman Program for at-risk youth, and she enlists Rosa and Gina’s help. Also, Boyle helps Sergeant Jeffords with a special case he cannot solve.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "M.E. time" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to the team’s annoyance, Jake hits on an attractive medical examiner, Dr. Rossi (guest star Ellis), at a crime scene and holds up the autopsy report. He learns his lesson when Dr. Rossi turns out to be more than he bargained for. Meanwhile, Amy’s purse-snatching case is stalled when the sketch artist is out sick, but she discovers that Sgt. Jeffords has hidden artistic talents.
Sunday, August 3
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ryan Stiles (The Drew Carey Show) - Ryan appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- McKaley Miller (Partners) - McKaley visits The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Matt Walsh (Veep) - Matt talks about his new film Into the Storm on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.