Thursday, August 01, 2013
It's day four of our look at the fall 2013 cable and digital TV schedules, and today we will bring you the FX fall schedule. They will be actually adding some older series for a change. Starting Tuesday, Sept. 3, FX turns back the clock and brings back a series that they aired before -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer! The hit Sarah Michelle Gellar drama will air every morning (seven days a week) at 7am & 8am (unless a movie preempts an airing), as it returns for the first time on FX since 2008. Even more surprising is the next acquisition. FX has picked-up the cable rights to the 1994-98 sitcom Ellen starring Ellen DeGeneres! This will be an FX premiere as the series has never aired on the network. Ellen will air mornings Mon-Sat from 9-11am, but also a movie could preempt and airing or two on random days. Ellen has aired on other networks like Lifetime and Oxygen, but hasn't aired anywhere in quite some time. Back to Buffy, the series has aired on many networks since it left FX, including the Viacom world (MTV, TeenNick, Logo) and NBCUniversal (Chiller and Oxygen). The series continues to air on Chiller and will continue to air, but it seems that Viacom networks will lose the drama to FX. Elsewhere on the FX fall schedule it will be status quo. From 11am-8pm will be movies, How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men, with no real set schedule. Ideally, FX likes to air How I Met Your Mother from 5-7pm and Two and a Half Men from 2-3pm and 7-8pm, but that's not always the case. In primetime, there are movies and original series (like Anger Management) thru 11pm. Encores of originals or a movie fill the rest of the schedule out from 11pm to the wee hours. We mentioned that How I Met Your Mother will be airing on the new FX spin-off network FXX, but as you can see it will still be on FX as well. You'll find the sitcom on both FX and FXX this fall. We will announce the FXX schedule sometime next week and it will have some older series that will surprise you as well. Stay tuned! Highlights for FX Fall 2013 include a Two and a Half Men Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 2 from 7am-5:30pm. The season finale of Wilfred is on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 10. The 90-minute season premiere of Sons of Anarchy on Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 10 following the broadcast premiere of the movie X-Men: First Class. The broadcast premiere of Moneyball on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 7. The season premiere of American Horror Story: Coven is on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 10 following the broadcast premiere of Paranormal Activity. The following week as the broadcast premiere of Paranormal Activity 2. Other movie premieres include The Green Lantern. Discuss the FX Fall 2013 schedule on our message board. And stay with us for the FXX launch schedule very soon!
MTV2 has added the Melissa Joan Hart sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch to its line-up to compliment similar series Boy Meets World and Saved by the Bell as of July 27. The sitcom is primarily used on Saturdays from about 7-11am. It will pop-up on some weekdays as well in the mornings from 9am-12pm to lead into the regular Saved by the Bell (12-2pm) and Boy Meets World (2-4pm) airings. Other sitcoms MTV2 airs are Wayans Bros., Everybody Hates Chris, Martin and the sketch comedy In Living Color. They have quietly removed Smart Guy and Living Single after being added in April, while Martin has been reduced heavily. Sabrina, the Teenage Witch continues to air on The Hub, airing Mon-Thurs at 2am so this is a shared deal with The Hub. Smart Guy continues to air on Up, while Living Single is still on TV One with Martin. Stay with us for continued updates and to see what MTV2 looks like in the fall, if any changes.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.