Thursday, August 01, 2013
It's day four of our look at the fall 2013 cable and digital TV schedules, and today we will bring you the FX fall schedule. They will be actually adding some older series for a change. Starting Tuesday, Sept. 3, FX turns back the clock and brings back a series that they aired before -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer! The hit Sarah Michelle Gellar drama will air every morning (seven days a week) at 7am & 8am (unless a movie preempts an airing), as it returns for the first time on FX since 2008. Even more surprising is the next acquisition. FX has picked-up the cable rights to the 1994-98 sitcom Ellen starring Ellen DeGeneres! This will be an FX premiere as the series has never aired on the network. Ellen will air mornings Mon-Sat from 9-11am, but also a movie could preempt and airing or two on random days. Ellen has aired on other networks like Lifetime and Oxygen, but hasn't aired anywhere in quite some time. Back to Buffy, the series has aired on many networks since it left FX, including the Viacom world (MTV, TeenNick, Logo) and NBCUniversal (Chiller and Oxygen). The series continues to air on Chiller and will continue to air, but it seems that Viacom networks will lose the drama to FX. Elsewhere on the FX fall schedule it will be status quo. From 11am-8pm will be movies, How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men, with no real set schedule. Ideally, FX likes to air How I Met Your Mother from 5-7pm and Two and a Half Men from 2-3pm and 7-8pm, but that's not always the case. In primetime, there are movies and original series (like Anger Management) thru 11pm. Encores of originals or a movie fill the rest of the schedule out from 11pm to the wee hours. We mentioned that How I Met Your Mother will be airing on the new FX spin-off network FXX, but as you can see it will still be on FX as well. You'll find the sitcom on both FX and FXX this fall. We will announce the FXX schedule sometime next week and it will have some older series that will surprise you as well. Stay tuned! Highlights for FX Fall 2013 include a Two and a Half Men Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 2 from 7am-5:30pm. The season finale of Wilfred is on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 10. The 90-minute season premiere of Sons of Anarchy on Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 10 following the broadcast premiere of the movie X-Men: First Class. The broadcast premiere of Moneyball on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 7. The season premiere of American Horror Story: Coven is on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 10 following the broadcast premiere of Paranormal Activity. The following week as the broadcast premiere of Paranormal Activity 2. Other movie premieres include The Green Lantern. Discuss the FX Fall 2013 schedule on our message board. And stay with us for the FXX launch schedule very soon!
MTV2 has added the Melissa Joan Hart sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch to its line-up to compliment similar series Boy Meets World and Saved by the Bell as of July 27. The sitcom is primarily used on Saturdays from about 7-11am. It will pop-up on some weekdays as well in the mornings from 9am-12pm to lead into the regular Saved by the Bell (12-2pm) and Boy Meets World (2-4pm) airings. Other sitcoms MTV2 airs are Wayans Bros., Everybody Hates Chris, Martin and the sketch comedy In Living Color. They have quietly removed Smart Guy and Living Single after being added in April, while Martin has been reduced heavily. Sabrina, the Teenage Witch continues to air on The Hub, airing Mon-Thurs at 2am so this is a shared deal with The Hub. Smart Guy continues to air on Up, while Living Single is still on TV One with Martin. Stay with us for continued updates and to see what MTV2 looks like in the fall, if any changes.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.