Thursday, August 01, 2013
It's day four of our look at the fall 2013 cable and digital TV schedules, and today we will bring you the FX fall schedule. They will be actually adding some older series for a change. Starting Tuesday, Sept. 3, FX turns back the clock and brings back a series that they aired before -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer! The hit Sarah Michelle Gellar drama will air every morning (seven days a week) at 7am & 8am (unless a movie preempts an airing), as it returns for the first time on FX since 2008. Even more surprising is the next acquisition. FX has picked-up the cable rights to the 1994-98 sitcom Ellen starring Ellen DeGeneres! This will be an FX premiere as the series has never aired on the network. Ellen will air mornings Mon-Sat from 9-11am, but also a movie could preempt and airing or two on random days. Ellen has aired on other networks like Lifetime and Oxygen, but hasn't aired anywhere in quite some time. Back to Buffy, the series has aired on many networks since it left FX, including the Viacom world (MTV, TeenNick, Logo) and NBCUniversal (Chiller and Oxygen). The series continues to air on Chiller and will continue to air, but it seems that Viacom networks will lose the drama to FX. Elsewhere on the FX fall schedule it will be status quo. From 11am-8pm will be movies, How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men, with no real set schedule. Ideally, FX likes to air How I Met Your Mother from 5-7pm and Two and a Half Men from 2-3pm and 7-8pm, but that's not always the case. In primetime, there are movies and original series (like Anger Management) thru 11pm. Encores of originals or a movie fill the rest of the schedule out from 11pm to the wee hours. We mentioned that How I Met Your Mother will be airing on the new FX spin-off network FXX, but as you can see it will still be on FX as well. You'll find the sitcom on both FX and FXX this fall. We will announce the FXX schedule sometime next week and it will have some older series that will surprise you as well. Stay tuned! Highlights for FX Fall 2013 include a Two and a Half Men Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 2 from 7am-5:30pm. The season finale of Wilfred is on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 10. The 90-minute season premiere of Sons of Anarchy on Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 10 following the broadcast premiere of the movie X-Men: First Class. The broadcast premiere of Moneyball on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 7. The season premiere of American Horror Story: Coven is on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 10 following the broadcast premiere of Paranormal Activity. The following week as the broadcast premiere of Paranormal Activity 2. Other movie premieres include The Green Lantern. Discuss the FX Fall 2013 schedule on our message board. And stay with us for the FXX launch schedule very soon!
MTV2 has added the Melissa Joan Hart sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch to its line-up to compliment similar series Boy Meets World and Saved by the Bell as of July 27. The sitcom is primarily used on Saturdays from about 7-11am. It will pop-up on some weekdays as well in the mornings from 9am-12pm to lead into the regular Saved by the Bell (12-2pm) and Boy Meets World (2-4pm) airings. Other sitcoms MTV2 airs are Wayans Bros., Everybody Hates Chris, Martin and the sketch comedy In Living Color. They have quietly removed Smart Guy and Living Single after being added in April, while Martin has been reduced heavily. Sabrina, the Teenage Witch continues to air on The Hub, airing Mon-Thurs at 2am so this is a shared deal with The Hub. Smart Guy continues to air on Up, while Living Single is still on TV One with Martin. Stay with us for continued updates and to see what MTV2 looks like in the fall, if any changes.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 15
The Big Bang Theory - "The Gorilla Dissolution" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
bad day causes Penny to reevaluate her life choices – including Leonard. Meanwhile, Howard and Bernadette struggle to care for Mrs. Wolowitz, and Raj gets relationship advice from Sheldon.
Mom - "Smokey Taylor and a Deathbed Confession" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy and Bonnie help Violet through labor. Meanwhile, Christy is convinced that Bonnie still has feelings for Alvin. Kevin Pollak returns as Alvin.
Two and a Half Men - "Oh, WALD-E, Good Times Ahead" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan confesses his true identity to Larry and has to face the consequences. Kimberly Williams-Paisley returns as Gretchen, Alan’s fiancée, and her real-life husband, Brad Paisley, makes a cameo appearance.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Status Quo Combustion" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon is forced to confront an uncertain future and considers a major move. Meanwhile, Raj and Emily take it to the next level, and Mrs. Wolowitz’s injury is a major headache for Howard and Bernadette.
Monday, September 15
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Watch Ike on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Mindy is a guest on The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney) - Nasim appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Justin Long (Mom/Ed) - Justin stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Judith Light (Who's the Boss?/Phenom) - Judith drops by the Better Show, so check your local listings. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve dishes on taking Meredith's Ice Bucket Challenge and reveals secrets from his new book (Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success) on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Nathan Gamble (Hank) - Nathan talks about working with his animal co-stars in Dolphin Tale 2 on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly and her husband Rodney Peete are guests on SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on HuffPost Live at 1:30pm. He is also a guest on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 7:45am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:35am.
- Bebe Neuwirth (Cheers/Frasier) - Bebe is a guest on HuffPost Live at 5:30pm.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jada Pinkett-Smith (A Different World) - Jada talks about her new series Gotham on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Haley Joel Osment (Thunder Alley/The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Haley Joel is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.