Tuesday, August 27, 2013
TBS Fall 2013 Schedule Part 2, Acquires Full House for Late Fall; Brady Bunch Labor Day Marathon on WLNY in New York
As promised, we are giving you TBS' October 2013 schedule. There aren't many changes from September but the biggest change is that According to Jim is expiring and will leave after its Sept. 30 airing. Effective Tuesday, Oct. 1, Wipeout will move up from 12:30pm to 12pm, as well as the animated comedies: The Cleveland Show will shift a half-hour earlier to 1:00pm, while the American Dad! hour will now be 1:30-2:30pm. So what does that leave for 2:30pm? The return of Cougar Town after a brief hiatus in September. Cougar Town will lead into the Friends block from 3-5pm. On Saturdays, According to Jim was airing at 9:30am but now it will be replaced by a movie. TBS' schedule is a little all over the place in early October due to the MLB Playoffs, but come week of Oct. 21, they will be back to normal. That's about all the changes for October. But beyond October, TBS will have a new addition to its line-up in late Fall. They have acquired the rights to the '90s sitcom Full House, as it returns to TBS after over a decade! Series creator Jeff Franklin hinted about this on Twitter...but now we have a little bit more info. We can't reveal much yet, but come late Fall (early December or so), the hit family comedy will air on TBS and will be shared with Nick at Nite. The series is expiring on ABC Family, thus that is how it is coming to TBS. The series aired on TBS from 1998-2002. Come on back for details on the return of Full House on TBS in the coming months. For now, view the TBS September and October 2013 schedules, so you can get ready for Fall 2013! This Labor Day, WLNY 10/55 in New York will give us another classic sitcom marathon. This time, it's The Brady Bunch. Groovy! Last year on Labor Day we got to see a marathon of The Andy Griffith Show, but now this year we get more hip with the Brady clan. WLNY asks, "What's Your Favorite Brady Moment?" Was it when Marcia was whacked in the face by a football ("oh my nose!")? Or how about that groovy mustache Peter wore for a date? Or when Jan felt threatened by how swell Marcia is (Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!)? Yep, it's The Brady Bunch marathon this Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 2, 2013) from 9am-9pm. And my, how times have changed! No twerking for the Bradys (as compared to this week's VMA's) when they performed the "classic" It's A Sunshine Day on the "Amateur Night" episode. See all that and more! WLNY's last marathon was for its second I Love Lucy marathon on the 4th of July. The other marathons they have aired in the last year were Happy Days for Memorial Day, I Dream of Jeannie for President's Day, The Odd Couple for New Year's, Taxi for Thanksgiving, The Munsters for Halloween, and The Andy Griffith Show for last Labor Day.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.