Tuesday, August 27, 2013
TBS Fall 2013 Schedule Part 2, Acquires Full House for Late Fall; Brady Bunch Labor Day Marathon on WLNY in New York
As promised, we are giving you TBS' October 2013 schedule. There aren't many changes from September but the biggest change is that According to Jim is expiring and will leave after its Sept. 30 airing. Effective Tuesday, Oct. 1, Wipeout will move up from 12:30pm to 12pm, as well as the animated comedies: The Cleveland Show will shift a half-hour earlier to 1:00pm, while the American Dad! hour will now be 1:30-2:30pm. So what does that leave for 2:30pm? The return of Cougar Town after a brief hiatus in September. Cougar Town will lead into the Friends block from 3-5pm. On Saturdays, According to Jim was airing at 9:30am but now it will be replaced by a movie. TBS' schedule is a little all over the place in early October due to the MLB Playoffs, but come week of Oct. 21, they will be back to normal. That's about all the changes for October. But beyond October, TBS will have a new addition to its line-up in late Fall. They have acquired the rights to the '90s sitcom Full House, as it returns to TBS after over a decade! Series creator Jeff Franklin hinted about this on Twitter...but now we have a little bit more info. We can't reveal much yet, but come late Fall (early December or so), the hit family comedy will air on TBS and will be shared with Nick at Nite. The series is expiring on ABC Family, thus that is how it is coming to TBS. The series aired on TBS from 1998-2002. Come on back for details on the return of Full House on TBS in the coming months. For now, view the TBS September and October 2013 schedules, so you can get ready for Fall 2013! This Labor Day, WLNY 10/55 in New York will give us another classic sitcom marathon. This time, it's The Brady Bunch. Groovy! Last year on Labor Day we got to see a marathon of The Andy Griffith Show, but now this year we get more hip with the Brady clan. WLNY asks, "What's Your Favorite Brady Moment?" Was it when Marcia was whacked in the face by a football ("oh my nose!")? Or how about that groovy mustache Peter wore for a date? Or when Jan felt threatened by how swell Marcia is (Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!)? Yep, it's The Brady Bunch marathon this Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 2, 2013) from 9am-9pm. And my, how times have changed! No twerking for the Bradys (as compared to this week's VMA's) when they performed the "classic" It's A Sunshine Day on the "Amateur Night" episode. See all that and more! WLNY's last marathon was for its second I Love Lucy marathon on the 4th of July. The other marathons they have aired in the last year were Happy Days for Memorial Day, I Dream of Jeannie for President's Day, The Odd Couple for New Year's, Taxi for Thanksgiving, The Munsters for Halloween, and The Andy Griffith Show for last Labor Day.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.