Wednesday, August 14, 2013
TV Land has announced its September 2013 schedule. We're not calling it their fall schedule yet since they haven't released plans for October and beyond yet (besides the premiere of new original sitcom Kirstie beginning Dec. 4). There are minor changes but a few notable notes. It seems Three's Company's contract is not going to be renewed, but we're not 100% sure yet. We do know that it is not on the schedule after Aug. 31, which is when the contract expires. The hit John Ritter comedy will have its last airings on Saturday, Aug. 31 from 5am-12pm, which is a bit longer than its usual Saturday airing. To sort of take its place will be the return of The Nanny. The sitcom actually quietly returns Aug. 22, airing late nights on Wednesdays, but it will get more airplay in September by airing Saturday mornings as well. Beginning Monday, Sept. 9, TV Land will bring back Boston Legal to its schedule -- but not in the mornings or overnight, but in early evening and primetime. The William Shatner/James Spader series will air on TV Land weekdays at 7pm and 8pm. TV Land has removed the late night airings of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which was getting overnight airings on Sunday nights. We were surprised to see that scheduled there, too... Elsewhere, Friends will be airing Wednesdays from 11pm-12am now, while sitcoms overnight marathons will air every weeknight from 2-6am. On Mondays it is The Cosby Show, Tuesdays it is The Golden Girls, on Wednesday it's The Nanny, Thursdays has Roseanne and on Fridays it is Everybody Loves Raymond. Sometimes at 5:30am there are That '70s Show airings instead, but that comedy will be showcased on weekends starting at 2am. Everything else is pretty much the same, including mornings where the classic sitcoms are still not back, as Gunsmoke has completely taken over mornings. Yes, that means no I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke or Andy Griffith. We do get an Andy Griffith Show sighting on Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 2) from 8am-6pm. Original series wise, Hot in Cleveland will have a two-episode season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 4 from 10-11pm. In the first airing, it's a Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion (as we hinted before), as Elka (Betty White) & Mamie (Georgia Engel) reunite their bowling team: Diane (special guest star Mary Tyler Moore), Peg (special guest star Cloris Leachman), & Angie (special guest star Valerie Harper), while Joy, Victoria & Melanie date a professor (George Hamilton), director & surgeon. On the season finale at 10:30pm, it's the big day of Victoria's wedding to incarcerated movie star Emmet Lawson (guest star Alan Dale), while Elka (Betty White) helps Joy reunite with her baby daddy (special guest star Craig Ferguson), who she hasn't seen in thirty-two years. TV Land's other two sitcoms, The Exes and The Soul Man will wrap up a week earlier on Wednesday, Aug. 28. Hot in Cleveland will return later this year for its fifth season, while The Exes will return for its second half of season three. TV Land has not ordered more episodes of The Soul Man yet.
Bounce TV has started production in Los Angeles on the network's first original scripted sitcom, My Crazy Roommate, as we first announced the series back in May. The series is created and produced by Bentley Kyle Evans (Martin, The Jamie Foxx Show) of Bent Outta Shape Productions. My Crazy Roommate will world premiere on Bounce TV, Tuesday, October 15 at 10:00 pm ET. My Crazy Roommate is a comedy series about two young women, Brooke (Laila Odom) and Chole (Brittany Richards), from vastly different backgrounds who are forced to live together while on a crusade to find fame and fortune in Hollywood. The reluctant roommates find themselves in a series of dilemmas causing them to temporarily put their differences aside to resolve the many obstacles they face throughout their journey.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.