Wednesday, August 14, 2013
TV Land has announced its September 2013 schedule. We're not calling it their fall schedule yet since they haven't released plans for October and beyond yet (besides the premiere of new original sitcom Kirstie beginning Dec. 4). There are minor changes but a few notable notes. It seems Three's Company's contract is not going to be renewed, but we're not 100% sure yet. We do know that it is not on the schedule after Aug. 31, which is when the contract expires. The hit John Ritter comedy will have its last airings on Saturday, Aug. 31 from 5am-12pm, which is a bit longer than its usual Saturday airing. To sort of take its place will be the return of The Nanny. The sitcom actually quietly returns Aug. 22, airing late nights on Wednesdays, but it will get more airplay in September by airing Saturday mornings as well. Beginning Monday, Sept. 9, TV Land will bring back Boston Legal to its schedule -- but not in the mornings or overnight, but in early evening and primetime. The William Shatner/James Spader series will air on TV Land weekdays at 7pm and 8pm. TV Land has removed the late night airings of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which was getting overnight airings on Sunday nights. We were surprised to see that scheduled there, too... Elsewhere, Friends will be airing Wednesdays from 11pm-12am now, while sitcoms overnight marathons will air every weeknight from 2-6am. On Mondays it is The Cosby Show, Tuesdays it is The Golden Girls, on Wednesday it's The Nanny, Thursdays has Roseanne and on Fridays it is Everybody Loves Raymond. Sometimes at 5:30am there are That '70s Show airings instead, but that comedy will be showcased on weekends starting at 2am. Everything else is pretty much the same, including mornings where the classic sitcoms are still not back, as Gunsmoke has completely taken over mornings. Yes, that means no I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke or Andy Griffith. We do get an Andy Griffith Show sighting on Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 2) from 8am-6pm. Original series wise, Hot in Cleveland will have a two-episode season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 4 from 10-11pm. In the first airing, it's a Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion (as we hinted before), as Elka (Betty White) & Mamie (Georgia Engel) reunite their bowling team: Diane (special guest star Mary Tyler Moore), Peg (special guest star Cloris Leachman), & Angie (special guest star Valerie Harper), while Joy, Victoria & Melanie date a professor (George Hamilton), director & surgeon. On the season finale at 10:30pm, it's the big day of Victoria's wedding to incarcerated movie star Emmet Lawson (guest star Alan Dale), while Elka (Betty White) helps Joy reunite with her baby daddy (special guest star Craig Ferguson), who she hasn't seen in thirty-two years. TV Land's other two sitcoms, The Exes and The Soul Man will wrap up a week earlier on Wednesday, Aug. 28. Hot in Cleveland will return later this year for its fifth season, while The Exes will return for its second half of season three. TV Land has not ordered more episodes of The Soul Man yet.
Bounce TV has started production in Los Angeles on the network's first original scripted sitcom, My Crazy Roommate, as we first announced the series back in May. The series is created and produced by Bentley Kyle Evans (Martin, The Jamie Foxx Show) of Bent Outta Shape Productions. My Crazy Roommate will world premiere on Bounce TV, Tuesday, October 15 at 10:00 pm ET. My Crazy Roommate is a comedy series about two young women, Brooke (Laila Odom) and Chole (Brittany Richards), from vastly different backgrounds who are forced to live together while on a crusade to find fame and fortune in Hollywood. The reluctant roommates find themselves in a series of dilemmas causing them to temporarily put their differences aside to resolve the many obstacles they face throughout their journey.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 21
The Middle - "Dental Hijinks" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Frankie tries to get a stubborn Mike to go see Dr. Goodwin to take care of his toothache, Mike convinces the good doctor to leave his tooth alone and tell Frankie that everything was ok. But the two find themselves fabricating a story that’s so ludicrous that they fear Frankie will figure out the truth. Meanwhile, since they are nearing the end of their senior year at college, Axl, Hutch and Kenny decide it’s time to sell the fabled Winnebago; Sue tries her best to let college golf cart driver Tyler know that she likes him; and Brick attempts to write a historic Scottish rap musical – a la “Hamilton” – focusing on the life of Sergeant Charles Stuart MacKenzie.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Gloves Are Off" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica accidentally befriends Marvin’s ex-wife, Sarah (Heather Locklear), and tries to help her and Honey settle their longstanding rift. Meanwhile, Louis and the boys are on a mission to determine Grandma’s true age in hopes of surprising her with a new, free motorized wheelchair.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Confirmation" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Shannon asks VP Murray to be her godfather leading up to her confirmation, Eileen fears her own relationship with him might be moving too fast. Shannon’s big day also has a surprising effect on Kenny’s relationship when Brett says, “I love you,” sending Kenny into a tailspin. Meanwhile, the return of a hot former babysitter puts Pat and Jimmy at odds when she constantly makes passes at Pat.
New Girl - "Rumsprings" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess gets nervous about starting her new position as principal, Nick and Schmidt decide to take her on a relaxing day trip to Solvang, which quickly goes “sideways.” Meanwhile, with Cece’s help, Winston tries to finalize his divorce from Rhonda, but finds that he and Aly are caught in a series of never-ending pranks.
The Mick - "The Baggage" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey’s unwanted suitors team up to thwart her new romance. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Alba teach Ben a lesson in responsibility.
The Detour - "The City" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin isn't thrilled about Nate's new job in New York City, but the family heads out from Syracuse anyway.
Teachers - "Brokebitch Mountain" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Feldman can’t make ends meet on her salary and takes a second job. Ms. Watson notices a romantic spark between two of her second grade students. The Teachers take advantage of Principal Pearson.
Tuesday, February 21
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of the 2011 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison talks about Girls and Get Out on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about Rock Dog on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Judd Hirsch (Superior Donuts/Dear John/Taxi) and Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Judd and Jermaine are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym and Kim Gravel help a woman snoop through two bachelors' homes in order to choose which she should date on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Ashley Gerasimovich (The Detour) - Ashley is a guest on Cheddar at 12:15pm. Ashley and Liam Carroll will be on Facebook Live on the TBS Facebook account at approx. 4:00pm. Ashley, Liam, Jason Jones and Natalie Zea will be on Facebook live at approx. 8:00PM EST on the official The Detour Facebook page.