Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 Schedule with Home Improvement; TV Land's Historic Mary Tyler Moore Reunion on Hot in Cleveland - Sept. 4
We gave you a "preview" of Hallmark Channel Fall 2013, but now we have some details on the actual schedule. We mentioned that Home Improvement will launch on the network with a Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 2 from 10am-8pm...but now that's not happening. Instead on Labor Day, Hallmark will air a Waltons movie marathon from 10am-10pm. Six movies will air. Back to Home Improvement, the sitcom wasn't going to actually join the regular schedule until October, but now it will join the line-up beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3. It will air weekdays from 12pm-2pm, replacing the encore of Home & Family. The rest of the schedule won't have many changes with I Love Lucy from 5am-8am, The Golden Girls from 8am-10am, the two-hour original series Home & Family from 10am-12pm, the aforementioned Home Improvement from 12pm-2pm, The Waltons from 2pm-6pm, with Little House on the Prairie from 6-8pm. The primetime movie will air from 8-10pm into Frasier from 10pm-12am still. In late night, The Golden Girls remains from 12-2am, into Cheers (2-3am) & Frasier (3-5am).
On weekends, I Love Lucy still leads off from 5-9am, followed by The Golden Girls from 9am-12pm into movies from 12pm-8pm. Primetime has original series/movies from 8pm-12am. In late night, Frasier airs in the 12am hour into The Golden Girls from 1-3am, before more Frasier airs from 3-5am. Back to weekdays, the daytime talk show Better TV, now co-hosted by Rebecca Budig, will premiere on Hallmark on Monday, Sept. 30 at 12 noon and 1pm. What does that mean for Home Improvement in October? Because we like to tease, you'll have to stay with us and we'll let you know.
TV Land's historic reunion of the female cast of The Mary Tyler Moore Show on the network's original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, is here! Next Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 10pm ET/PT, TV Land brings together Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, Cloris Leachman, Georgia Engel and Hot in Cleveland regular Betty White for an unprecedented reunion of one of the most revered TV casts of all time. This is the first time in over 30 years that the five former castmates have gotten together for a sitcom. In the episode, Elka (White), Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) Joy (Jane Leeves) and Victoria (Wendie Malick) are getting ready for their "birthdates" – their annual birthday tradition of setting each other up for dates – but choose to shake things up a bit this year. Elka and Mamie Sue (Engel) decide they want to get their bowling team back together, aptly named GLOB: the Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling. The team, which includes Elka, Mamie Sue, Diane (Moore), Peg (Leachman) and Angie (Harper), had a falling out decades ago after their championship season went to their heads. Meanwhile, Victoria meets with the indie director she idolizes (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and is surprised to find that he has a very unique trait; Joy can't believe that her date (George Hamilton) has a more "mature" taste in women; and Melanie is psyched that her set-up is a plastic surgeon...until she isn't anymore. The season finale of Hot in Cleveland airs right after this amazing reunion at 10:30pm ET/PT – with special guest star Craig Ferguson.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, July 22
Family Guy - "Herpe, the Love Sore" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian gives Stewie an STD. Meanwhile, Peter and the guys fight back when another group claims their booth at The Drunken Clam.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Operation: Broken Feather" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy investigate a string of hotel robberies together, but Jake turns on her when he finds out she may leave the Nine-Nine to work in the Special Crimes unit with “The Vulture” (guest star Dean Winters). Meanwhile Captain Holt and Sergeant Jeffords strategize to make the precinct more efficient.
The Mindy Project - "You've Got Sext" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Mindy tells Danny she has a crush, he thinks she’s talking about him instead of Cliff, the lawyer (guest star Glenn Howerton). Meanwhile, Morgan and Peter find Mindy’s phone and respond to a text from Cliff, which starts off innocently, but escalates into something that may lead to unintended romantic consequences.
The Mindy Project - "French Me, You Idiot" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy (Mindy Kaling) and Danny (Chris Messina) confront the consequences of their relationship after their kiss. Meanwhile, Jeremy (Ed Weeks) and Peter (Adam Pally) devise a plan to poach patients from a competing practice that has shut down.
Sullivan & Son - "Lyle & Son" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Steve's old rival, Lyle Winkler (Billy Gardell) opens a bar across the street, we find out he's out to take Steve down as payback for a childhood wrestling match. They settle their differences with a big bartending competition. Meanwhile, Carol's new boss at the DMV, Ralph (Frank Caliendo) drives her crazy with impressions.
Tuesday, July 22
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Michael appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori talks about her career and Hallmark Channel series When Calls the Heart on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Steve Byrne (Sullivan & Son) - Steve stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Laura Prepon (That '70s Show/Are You There, Chelsea?) - Laura appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin is a guest on a repeat of The Steve Harvey Show, so check your local listings.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori stop by to chat about Mystery Girls on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark will be on HuffPost Live.