Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 Schedule with Home Improvement; TV Land's Historic Mary Tyler Moore Reunion on Hot in Cleveland - Sept. 4
We gave you a "preview" of Hallmark Channel Fall 2013, but now we have some details on the actual schedule. We mentioned that Home Improvement will launch on the network with a Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 2 from 10am-8pm...but now that's not happening. Instead on Labor Day, Hallmark will air a Waltons movie marathon from 10am-10pm. Six movies will air. Back to Home Improvement, the sitcom wasn't going to actually join the regular schedule until October, but now it will join the line-up beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3. It will air weekdays from 12pm-2pm, replacing the encore of Home & Family. The rest of the schedule won't have many changes with I Love Lucy from 5am-8am, The Golden Girls from 8am-10am, the two-hour original series Home & Family from 10am-12pm, the aforementioned Home Improvement from 12pm-2pm, The Waltons from 2pm-6pm, with Little House on the Prairie from 6-8pm. The primetime movie will air from 8-10pm into Frasier from 10pm-12am still. In late night, The Golden Girls remains from 12-2am, into Cheers (2-3am) & Frasier (3-5am).
On weekends, I Love Lucy still leads off from 5-9am, followed by The Golden Girls from 9am-12pm into movies from 12pm-8pm. Primetime has original series/movies from 8pm-12am. In late night, Frasier airs in the 12am hour into The Golden Girls from 1-3am, before more Frasier airs from 3-5am. Back to weekdays, the daytime talk show Better TV, now co-hosted by Rebecca Budig, will premiere on Hallmark on Monday, Sept. 30 at 12 noon and 1pm. What does that mean for Home Improvement in October? Because we like to tease, you'll have to stay with us and we'll let you know.
TV Land's historic reunion of the female cast of The Mary Tyler Moore Show on the network's original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, is here! Next Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 10pm ET/PT, TV Land brings together Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, Cloris Leachman, Georgia Engel and Hot in Cleveland regular Betty White for an unprecedented reunion of one of the most revered TV casts of all time. This is the first time in over 30 years that the five former castmates have gotten together for a sitcom. In the episode, Elka (White), Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) Joy (Jane Leeves) and Victoria (Wendie Malick) are getting ready for their "birthdates" – their annual birthday tradition of setting each other up for dates – but choose to shake things up a bit this year. Elka and Mamie Sue (Engel) decide they want to get their bowling team back together, aptly named GLOB: the Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling. The team, which includes Elka, Mamie Sue, Diane (Moore), Peg (Leachman) and Angie (Harper), had a falling out decades ago after their championship season went to their heads. Meanwhile, Victoria meets with the indie director she idolizes (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and is surprised to find that he has a very unique trait; Joy can't believe that her date (George Hamilton) has a more "mature" taste in women; and Melanie is psyched that her set-up is a plastic surgeon...until she isn't anymore. The season finale of Hot in Cleveland airs right after this amazing reunion at 10:30pm ET/PT – with special guest star Craig Ferguson.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.