Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 Schedule with Home Improvement; TV Land's Historic Mary Tyler Moore Reunion on Hot in Cleveland - Sept. 4
We gave you a "preview" of Hallmark Channel Fall 2013, but now we have some details on the actual schedule. We mentioned that Home Improvement will launch on the network with a Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 2 from 10am-8pm...but now that's not happening. Instead on Labor Day, Hallmark will air a Waltons movie marathon from 10am-10pm. Six movies will air. Back to Home Improvement, the sitcom wasn't going to actually join the regular schedule until October, but now it will join the line-up beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3. It will air weekdays from 12pm-2pm, replacing the encore of Home & Family. The rest of the schedule won't have many changes with I Love Lucy from 5am-8am, The Golden Girls from 8am-10am, the two-hour original series Home & Family from 10am-12pm, the aforementioned Home Improvement from 12pm-2pm, The Waltons from 2pm-6pm, with Little House on the Prairie from 6-8pm. The primetime movie will air from 8-10pm into Frasier from 10pm-12am still. In late night, The Golden Girls remains from 12-2am, into Cheers (2-3am) & Frasier (3-5am).
On weekends, I Love Lucy still leads off from 5-9am, followed by The Golden Girls from 9am-12pm into movies from 12pm-8pm. Primetime has original series/movies from 8pm-12am. In late night, Frasier airs in the 12am hour into The Golden Girls from 1-3am, before more Frasier airs from 3-5am. Back to weekdays, the daytime talk show Better TV, now co-hosted by Rebecca Budig, will premiere on Hallmark on Monday, Sept. 30 at 12 noon and 1pm. What does that mean for Home Improvement in October? Because we like to tease, you'll have to stay with us and we'll let you know.
TV Land's historic reunion of the female cast of The Mary Tyler Moore Show on the network's original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, is here! Next Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 10pm ET/PT, TV Land brings together Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, Cloris Leachman, Georgia Engel and Hot in Cleveland regular Betty White for an unprecedented reunion of one of the most revered TV casts of all time. This is the first time in over 30 years that the five former castmates have gotten together for a sitcom. In the episode, Elka (White), Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) Joy (Jane Leeves) and Victoria (Wendie Malick) are getting ready for their "birthdates" – their annual birthday tradition of setting each other up for dates – but choose to shake things up a bit this year. Elka and Mamie Sue (Engel) decide they want to get their bowling team back together, aptly named GLOB: the Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling. The team, which includes Elka, Mamie Sue, Diane (Moore), Peg (Leachman) and Angie (Harper), had a falling out decades ago after their championship season went to their heads. Meanwhile, Victoria meets with the indie director she idolizes (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and is surprised to find that he has a very unique trait; Joy can't believe that her date (George Hamilton) has a more "mature" taste in women; and Melanie is psyched that her set-up is a plastic surgeon...until she isn't anymore. The season finale of Hot in Cleveland airs right after this amazing reunion at 10:30pm ET/PT – with special guest star Craig Ferguson.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, May 26
Modern Family - "Clean Out Your Junk Drawer" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Gloria won a bid at the school auction for a family seminar with famed doctor and author Debra Radcliffe, whose self-help book ‘Clean Out Your Junk Drawer’ encourages people get out all their emotional junk to become healthier people and in turn better partners and spouses. Jay is resistant to the whole experience and can’t get away fast enough; Mitch and Cam decide to keep it very surface level so they can come off as super stable; and Phil and Claire also make it competitive and strive to be the best and strongest couple of the group. Things quickly escalate, though, as junk starts flying. Elsewhere, Haley and Alex meet up and counsel each other on their boy problems.
black-ish - "Sink or Swim" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Dre notices that his neighbor Janine has never invited his family to any of her pool parties, he assumes she is racially stereotyping them as a family that doesn’t swim. The kids are shocked to find out that, in fact, Dre doesn’t know how to swim. At work, Dre shares the story with his colleagues, and Daphne Lido is not convinced it’s a race thing, so Dre confronts Janine directly. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane are a part of the Girls’ and Boys’ Rovers Organization, and they envy each other’s activities.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Empathy Optimization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After having to deal with a sick Sheldon, Leonard, Penny and the gang try to treat themselves to a Sheldon-free weekend.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepy Email Brunch Tree" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Matt invites Colleen to brunch with the family, he coaches her through the difficult task of connecting with them. Also, John, Matt and Greg try to prove their masculinity by cutting down a tree in Greg's backyard, Tim has an adverse reaction to espresso, and a sleep-deprived Greg has a run-in with the cops.
Mom - "Terrorists and Gingerbread" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy and Bonnie have different ideas about forgiveness when Bonnie's mother, Shirley, who abandoned her as a small child, suddenly wants to be a part of their lives. Academy Award winner Ellen Burstyn guest stars as Bonnie’s mother, Shirley. June Squibb guest stars as Dottie.
The Odd Couple - "All About Eavesdropping" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Oscar and Felix become obsessed with eavesdropping on their bickering neighbors, they try to subtly intervene and help them save their marriage. Also, Emily and Dani’s friendship is tested when they train together to race to the top of the Empire State Building.
Thursday, May 26
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Catch Lizzy on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS. He also talks about Netflix's The Do-Over on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Natasha Leggero (Dice/Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan previews the film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy opens up about her private health battle and how she fought her way back on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer and the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse will be interviewed on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Hubert (The Real) - Janet appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.