Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Hallmark Channel Fall 2013 Schedule with Home Improvement; TV Land's Historic Mary Tyler Moore Reunion on Hot in Cleveland - Sept. 4
We gave you a "preview" of Hallmark Channel Fall 2013, but now we have some details on the actual schedule. We mentioned that Home Improvement will launch on the network with a Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 2 from 10am-8pm...but now that's not happening. Instead on Labor Day, Hallmark will air a Waltons movie marathon from 10am-10pm. Six movies will air. Back to Home Improvement, the sitcom wasn't going to actually join the regular schedule until October, but now it will join the line-up beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3. It will air weekdays from 12pm-2pm, replacing the encore of Home & Family. The rest of the schedule won't have many changes with I Love Lucy from 5am-8am, The Golden Girls from 8am-10am, the two-hour original series Home & Family from 10am-12pm, the aforementioned Home Improvement from 12pm-2pm, The Waltons from 2pm-6pm, with Little House on the Prairie from 6-8pm. The primetime movie will air from 8-10pm into Frasier from 10pm-12am still. In late night, The Golden Girls remains from 12-2am, into Cheers (2-3am) & Frasier (3-5am).
On weekends, I Love Lucy still leads off from 5-9am, followed by The Golden Girls from 9am-12pm into movies from 12pm-8pm. Primetime has original series/movies from 8pm-12am. In late night, Frasier airs in the 12am hour into The Golden Girls from 1-3am, before more Frasier airs from 3-5am. Back to weekdays, the daytime talk show Better TV, now co-hosted by Rebecca Budig, will premiere on Hallmark on Monday, Sept. 30 at 12 noon and 1pm. What does that mean for Home Improvement in October? Because we like to tease, you'll have to stay with us and we'll let you know.
TV Land's historic reunion of the female cast of The Mary Tyler Moore Show on the network's original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, is here! Next Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 10pm ET/PT, TV Land brings together Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, Cloris Leachman, Georgia Engel and Hot in Cleveland regular Betty White for an unprecedented reunion of one of the most revered TV casts of all time. This is the first time in over 30 years that the five former castmates have gotten together for a sitcom. In the episode, Elka (White), Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) Joy (Jane Leeves) and Victoria (Wendie Malick) are getting ready for their "birthdates" – their annual birthday tradition of setting each other up for dates – but choose to shake things up a bit this year. Elka and Mamie Sue (Engel) decide they want to get their bowling team back together, aptly named GLOB: the Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling. The team, which includes Elka, Mamie Sue, Diane (Moore), Peg (Leachman) and Angie (Harper), had a falling out decades ago after their championship season went to their heads. Meanwhile, Victoria meets with the indie director she idolizes (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and is surprised to find that he has a very unique trait; Joy can't believe that her date (George Hamilton) has a more "mature" taste in women; and Melanie is psyched that her set-up is a plastic surgeon...until she isn't anymore. The season finale of Hot in Cleveland airs right after this amazing reunion at 10:30pm ET/PT – with special guest star Craig Ferguson.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.