Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Late last week we gave you the FX Fall 2013 schedule and we promised we would give you the FXX launch schedule this week... and we will deliver that to you today! FXX will launch on Monday, Sept. 2, 2013 with a marathon of Parks & Recreation, as we already mentioned. The marathon of the comedy will air from 7am-12am, as the sitcom makes its off-network debut (it will also be on WGN America this Fall and the upcoming new network Esquire). The next show airing on launch day will be four episodes of the '90s comedy Mad About You from 12am-2am. We mentioned a couple of times that FXX will air some older comedies and this is one of them. The schedule is more than just the previously announced How I Met Your Mother, Sports Night, Freaks & Geeks, Rescue Me and Arrested Development. The actual regular schedule will launch on Tuesday, Sept. 3, with the Michael J. Fox (and later Charlie Sheen) comedy Spin City airing seven days a week from 7-9am. Spin City was previously on FX but it hasn't aired in recent months. Then the new acquisition Mad About You will air weekdays from 9am-11am. From 11am-1pm (except at 12pm) will be another new buy with the sitcom The Hughleys starring D.L. Hughley. Encores of Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell will air in the 12pm half-hour. From 1pm-5pm, we get more sitcoms, as back-to-back episodes of Sports Night, Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother and Parks & Recreation will air for an hour each. At 5pm, another encore of Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell will air leading into Anger Management reruns. From 6pm-2am, the schedule varies each day. From 6-8pm on Mondays, a block of Anger Management will air, while movies will air on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Parks & Recreation rounds out the week on Thursdays and Fridays. From 8-11pm, Parks & Recreation will air Mondays, while How I Met Your Mother airs on Thursdays. Movies air the rest of the week in the block, with originals on Wednesdays from 10-11pm of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League (both premiere on Sept. 4).
In late night on weeknights, the Mon-Thurs talk show Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell will air at 11pm starting on Sept. 4. From 11:30am-2am the schedule really varies with a mix of Mad About You, Rescue Me, encores of Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League, along with Arrested Development and Sports Night. On weekends, it is mostly filled with movies, but both days start off with comedies. Freaks & Geeks will air on Saturday mornings from 9am-12pm. while the rest of the comedy line-up are more plays of series they air during the week like Spin City, Mad About You, Sports Night, How I Met Your Mother and Arrested Development. Other notable items for FXX Fall 2013 includes as mentioned the new seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League now moved to FXX on Wednesdays from 10-11pm into the Mon-Thurs run of Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell. The line-up will launch after the broadcast premiere of the movie Bad Teacher on Sept. 4 from 8-10pm. The broadcast premiere of Friends with Benefits will air the following week (Sept. 11) into the block. The rest of the month has premieres of Hall Pass and 30 Minutes or Less - all airing Wednesdays at 8.
View the full FXX launch schedule premiering in fall 2013 starting Sept. 3. Discuss your thoughts of the schedule there as well.
Emmy® Award-winning actress Jaime Pressly has been cast in the lead role for TV Land's new sitcom pilot Jennifer Falls. Pressly, best known for her work on the NBC series My Name is Earl, will play the lead character, Jennifer Doyle, in this multi-camera pilot. Jennifer Falls revolves around a career woman and mother (Pressly) who must move back in with her own mom after being let go from her high-powered, six-figure salary job. With her teenage daughter in tow, Jennifer has to face her new life, trying to reconnect with old friends in her hometown and making ends meet as a waitress in her brother's bar. The pilot is written, created and executive produced by Matthew Carlson (The Wonder Years, Malcolm in the Middle), with Michael Hanel and Mindy Schultheis (Reba, The Exes) also serving as executive producers. TV Land's current line-up of original sitcoms airs Wednesdays at 10pm ET/PT and includes the hit series Hot in Cleveland, The Exes and The Soul Man. The series have received several awards and accolades including two 2013 Creative Arts Emmy® nominations: one for Hot in Cleveland and the other for The Exes. All of these series star pop culture icons and fan favorites including Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Wendie Malick, Jane Leeves, Kristen Johnston, Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables, Cedric "The Entertainer," Niecy Nash and Wesley Jonathan. This December, TV Land will debut its newest original series, Kirstie, which stars Kirstie Alley, Michael Richards, Rhea Perlman and Eric Petersen. Stay with us for continued updates on Jennifer Falls, because right now it is just a pilot order. Should it be ordered to series, we will let you know. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 28
Monday, May 30
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Watch Anthony on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Catherine are guests on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat/Victorious) - Ariana is a musical guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zendaya (K.C. Undercover/Shake It Up) - Zendaya appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael races against the clock in a celebrity guessing game on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.