Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Late last week we gave you the FX Fall 2013 schedule and we promised we would give you the FXX launch schedule this week... and we will deliver that to you today! FXX will launch on Monday, Sept. 2, 2013 with a marathon of Parks & Recreation, as we already mentioned. The marathon of the comedy will air from 7am-12am, as the sitcom makes its off-network debut (it will also be on WGN America this Fall and the upcoming new network Esquire). The next show airing on launch day will be four episodes of the '90s comedy Mad About You from 12am-2am. We mentioned a couple of times that FXX will air some older comedies and this is one of them. The schedule is more than just the previously announced How I Met Your Mother, Sports Night, Freaks & Geeks, Rescue Me and Arrested Development. The actual regular schedule will launch on Tuesday, Sept. 3, with the Michael J. Fox (and later Charlie Sheen) comedy Spin City airing seven days a week from 7-9am. Spin City was previously on FX but it hasn't aired in recent months. Then the new acquisition Mad About You will air weekdays from 9am-11am. From 11am-1pm (except at 12pm) will be another new buy with the sitcom The Hughleys starring D.L. Hughley. Encores of Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell will air in the 12pm half-hour. From 1pm-5pm, we get more sitcoms, as back-to-back episodes of Sports Night, Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother and Parks & Recreation will air for an hour each. At 5pm, another encore of Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell will air leading into Anger Management reruns. From 6pm-2am, the schedule varies each day. From 6-8pm on Mondays, a block of Anger Management will air, while movies will air on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Parks & Recreation rounds out the week on Thursdays and Fridays. From 8-11pm, Parks & Recreation will air Mondays, while How I Met Your Mother airs on Thursdays. Movies air the rest of the week in the block, with originals on Wednesdays from 10-11pm of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League (both premiere on Sept. 4).
In late night on weeknights, the Mon-Thurs talk show Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell will air at 11pm starting on Sept. 4. From 11:30am-2am the schedule really varies with a mix of Mad About You, Rescue Me, encores of Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League, along with Arrested Development and Sports Night. On weekends, it is mostly filled with movies, but both days start off with comedies. Freaks & Geeks will air on Saturday mornings from 9am-12pm. while the rest of the comedy line-up are more plays of series they air during the week like Spin City, Mad About You, Sports Night, How I Met Your Mother and Arrested Development. Other notable items for FXX Fall 2013 includes as mentioned the new seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League now moved to FXX on Wednesdays from 10-11pm into the Mon-Thurs run of Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell. The line-up will launch after the broadcast premiere of the movie Bad Teacher on Sept. 4 from 8-10pm. The broadcast premiere of Friends with Benefits will air the following week (Sept. 11) into the block. The rest of the month has premieres of Hall Pass and 30 Minutes or Less - all airing Wednesdays at 8.
View the full FXX launch schedule premiering in fall 2013 starting Sept. 3. Discuss your thoughts of the schedule there as well.
Emmy® Award-winning actress Jaime Pressly has been cast in the lead role for TV Land's new sitcom pilot Jennifer Falls. Pressly, best known for her work on the NBC series My Name is Earl, will play the lead character, Jennifer Doyle, in this multi-camera pilot. Jennifer Falls revolves around a career woman and mother (Pressly) who must move back in with her own mom after being let go from her high-powered, six-figure salary job. With her teenage daughter in tow, Jennifer has to face her new life, trying to reconnect with old friends in her hometown and making ends meet as a waitress in her brother's bar. The pilot is written, created and executive produced by Matthew Carlson (The Wonder Years, Malcolm in the Middle), with Michael Hanel and Mindy Schultheis (Reba, The Exes) also serving as executive producers. TV Land's current line-up of original sitcoms airs Wednesdays at 10pm ET/PT and includes the hit series Hot in Cleveland, The Exes and The Soul Man. The series have received several awards and accolades including two 2013 Creative Arts Emmy® nominations: one for Hot in Cleveland and the other for The Exes. All of these series star pop culture icons and fan favorites including Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Wendie Malick, Jane Leeves, Kristen Johnston, Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables, Cedric "The Entertainer," Niecy Nash and Wesley Jonathan. This December, TV Land will debut its newest original series, Kirstie, which stars Kirstie Alley, Michael Richards, Rhea Perlman and Eric Petersen. Stay with us for continued updates on Jennifer Falls, because right now it is just a pilot order. Should it be ordered to series, we will let you know. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, November 24
Grandfathered - "Gerald's Two Dads" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy plans his annual Malibu Thanksgiving day with one of the hottest stomach models on Instagram, but his plans get derailed when he swings by Sara’s house for an obligatory holiday visit and feels threatened by the return of her ex-boyfriend, Bruce (guest star Andy Daly).
The Grinder - "Giving Thanks, Getting Justice" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After spending several holidays away from the family, Dean is thrilled to be reunited with them for his first real Thanksgiving celebration in a long time. But his overexcitement and meddling brings a major, unexpected family secret to light. Meanwhile, a series of flashbacks reveal the chain of events that led to Dean’s departure from his hit TV drama, “The Grinder,” and its subsequent cancellation.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Christmas" (ABC Family, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi encourages Yolanda to reach out to her estranged sister; Josh tries to cheer up Elliot.
Family Time - "Kissing Cousins" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Ebony works on a school project to plot out her family tree; Lisa is getting older and refuses to admit that she needs glasses.
Tuesday, November 24
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Catch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Oliver Platt (The Big C) - Oliver appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) - Diedrich appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Janet Varney (You're the Worst) - Janet is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Bad Teacher/Life with Bonnie) - David talks about The Wiz Live! on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe battled a health crisis that could have killed her. She returns with the important health lesson she wants you to know on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Ellen Cleghorne (Cleghorne!) - Ellen learns how to carve the bird on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace serves up sweet treats for Thanksgiving like candy acorns on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) and Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years - Holly and Danica are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on People Now.