Thursday, August 15, 2013
TNT will not be making many changes to its schedule this fall. Their newest acquisition Hawaii Five-0 is airing weekly on Thursday nights. The drama will be expanded in 2014 for more plays, but for now you can watch it Thursdays at at 9pm and 10pm. The series actually quietly joined the line-up last Thursday (Aug. 8) with the very first episode. TNT Fall 2013 in September and October will start off with Smallville at 6am into two-hours of Charmed at 7am & 8am, as this remains unchanged. Supernatural will get three airings from 9am-12pm, into four airings of Bones from 12-4pm. TNT's biggest hit is Castle in reruns and the series is expanded to five days a week and will air 4-9pm (it's actually thru 10pm Mon-Tues and thru 11pm on Wednesdays...but only thru 8pm on Fridays because of movies). Original series Rizzoli & Isles airs Mondays at 10 and Cold Justice on Tuesdays at 10. After primetime, CSI: NY airs at 11pm on Mondays and Thursdays, while the struggling The Mentalist gets Tuesdays and Wednesdays. At midnight, CSI: NY airs on Mondays and Thursdays again, while The Mentalist gets Wednesdays (original series encore of Tuesday). In late night, we have a mix of Law & Order, Cold Case, The Mentalist, The Closer, NUMB3RS and original encores varying each day from 1am-5am. Smallville closes the night out at 5am, as Angel is leaving the schedule after Sept. 26. Law & Order is is played heavily on weekends, airing Saturdays from 5am-12pm and Sundays from 3am-2pm. And finally, movies fill out the rest of the weekend. Stay with us for continued updates on TNT, as it looks like Angel's contract might be over?
Viewers in the San Francisco Bay Area will now be able to enjoy classic television programs and movies on Antenna TV, the Bay Area's newest entertainment channel, available on KRON-MyNetwork TV. KRON, which is owned by Young Broadcasting, LLC, will debut Antenna TV on digital subchannel 4.3 on August 19, and also on Comcast beginning this fall. Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast entertainment network, launched nationally in January of 2011. With addition of KRON, the 77th Antenna TV affiliate, the network now reaches 66% of TV households. As for programming news, Labor Day means Jerry Lewis and Antenna TV salutes his slapstick with a full day of Jerry Lewis' classic comedies on Monday, September 2 beginning at 5am ET. Four classic films will air multiple times on this day: Three on a Couch (1966), The Big Mouth (1967), Don’t Raise the Bridge, Lower the River (1968) and Hook, Line and Sinker (1969). This fall, Antenna TV will add I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched to the lineup which includes classic favorites such as: Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Bachelor Father, McHale's Navy, Hazel, The Partridge Family, Sanford and Son, Maude, The Nanny, Diff'rent Strokes, WKRP in Cincinnati, All in the Family, Barney Miller, The Three Stooges, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, The Jack Benny Program, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, Gidget, The Flying Nun, It Takes a Thief and Antenna TV Theater, a movie block featuring Sony movies.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 1
The Good Place - "Pilot" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Thanks to some kind of error, Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell), an ordinary woman, enters the afterlife and is sent to the Good Place -- which is definitely not where she belongs. While hiding in plain sight from Michael (Ted Danson), the wise architect of the Good Place who is unaware that he's made a mistake, she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome person within. Helping Eleanor navigate her new surroundings are Chidi (William Jackson Harper), her kind, open-hearted "soulmate" who sees the good in people but finds himself facing quite a dilemma; her frustratingly perfect new neighbors, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jianyu (Manny Jacinto); and Janet (D'Arcy Carden), a walking, talking source for all the knowledge in the universe.
The Good Place - "Flying" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) tries to prove to Chidi (William Jackson Harper) that she is worthy of his help. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) try to help Michael (Ted Danson) feel better about the unknown flaw in his Neighborhood.
The Good Place - "Tahani Al Jamil" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Chidi (William Jackson Harper) begins formally teaching Eleanor (Kristen Bell) about ethics, and lesson No. 1 is: be kind to your neighbor. Michael (Ted Danson) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) help Chidi find a new, exciting hobby.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
Henry Danger - "Scream Machine" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Charlotte's invention for The Gizmo Show is accidentally destroyed and then rebuilt, Charlotte worries that the attention she gets could expose Kid Danger and Captain Man's secret identity.
Game Shakers - "The Very Old Finger" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit a mummy exhibit to get ideas for a new game they're working on. Hudson accidentally snaps off one of its fingers. Babe leads a quest to glue it back on without getting caught.
School of Rock - "With or Without You" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Lawrence tries to prove his value to the group by taking over the production of their first recording, but his methods create a rift in the band. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Sunday, October 2
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Catch Mindy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) and Brendon Small (Home Movies) - Steve and Brendon are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Champs/Hiller and Diller) - Kevin stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chris Gethard (Broad City) - Chris chats about the play Career Suicide on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Abigail Spencer (Burning Love) - Abigail talks about Timeless on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 2pm. She is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Rob Riggle (Golan the Insatiable) - Rob talks about Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso talks how many America's Funniest Home Videos get submitted and the funny home videos he wants to submit with his family on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) - Sara appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jay Ellis (Insecure/The Game) - Jay is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.