Thursday, August 15, 2013
TNT will not be making many changes to its schedule this fall. Their newest acquisition Hawaii Five-0 is airing weekly on Thursday nights. The drama will be expanded in 2014 for more plays, but for now you can watch it Thursdays at at 9pm and 10pm. The series actually quietly joined the line-up last Thursday (Aug. 8) with the very first episode. TNT Fall 2013 in September and October will start off with Smallville at 6am into two-hours of Charmed at 7am & 8am, as this remains unchanged. Supernatural will get three airings from 9am-12pm, into four airings of Bones from 12-4pm. TNT's biggest hit is Castle in reruns and the series is expanded to five days a week and will air 4-9pm (it's actually thru 10pm Mon-Tues and thru 11pm on Wednesdays...but only thru 8pm on Fridays because of movies). Original series Rizzoli & Isles airs Mondays at 10 and Cold Justice on Tuesdays at 10. After primetime, CSI: NY airs at 11pm on Mondays and Thursdays, while the struggling The Mentalist gets Tuesdays and Wednesdays. At midnight, CSI: NY airs on Mondays and Thursdays again, while The Mentalist gets Wednesdays (original series encore of Tuesday). In late night, we have a mix of Law & Order, Cold Case, The Mentalist, The Closer, NUMB3RS and original encores varying each day from 1am-5am. Smallville closes the night out at 5am, as Angel is leaving the schedule after Sept. 26. Law & Order is is played heavily on weekends, airing Saturdays from 5am-12pm and Sundays from 3am-2pm. And finally, movies fill out the rest of the weekend. Stay with us for continued updates on TNT, as it looks like Angel's contract might be over?
Viewers in the San Francisco Bay Area will now be able to enjoy classic television programs and movies on Antenna TV, the Bay Area's newest entertainment channel, available on KRON-MyNetwork TV. KRON, which is owned by Young Broadcasting, LLC, will debut Antenna TV on digital subchannel 4.3 on August 19, and also on Comcast beginning this fall. Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast entertainment network, launched nationally in January of 2011. With addition of KRON, the 77th Antenna TV affiliate, the network now reaches 66% of TV households. As for programming news, Labor Day means Jerry Lewis and Antenna TV salutes his slapstick with a full day of Jerry Lewis' classic comedies on Monday, September 2 beginning at 5am ET. Four classic films will air multiple times on this day: Three on a Couch (1966), The Big Mouth (1967), Don’t Raise the Bridge, Lower the River (1968) and Hook, Line and Sinker (1969). This fall, Antenna TV will add I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched to the lineup which includes classic favorites such as: Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Bachelor Father, McHale's Navy, Hazel, The Partridge Family, Sanford and Son, Maude, The Nanny, Diff'rent Strokes, WKRP in Cincinnati, All in the Family, Barney Miller, The Three Stooges, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, The Jack Benny Program, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, Gidget, The Flying Nun, It Takes a Thief and Antenna TV Theater, a movie block featuring Sony movies.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, June 26
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Your Birthday" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
When the gang throws Cooper a surprise birthday party, things go south after Kelly witnesses Cooper and Ramona sharing a kiss.
Bob's Burgers - "Nice-Capades" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a grumpy mall Santa threatens the kids with the dreaded Naughty List, Gene, Tina and Louise decide to put on a musical performance spectacular to earn their spot on the Nice List. Can they change Santa’s mind in time to save their Christmas?
The Simpsons - "Orange Is the New Yellow" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Marge gets arrested for letting Bart go to the park unsupervised, she serves time only to realize that prison is a welcome break from the demands of her life as a mom and wife. In her absence, Homer struggles to manage all of the parenting responsibilities that Marge usually handles.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Into the Woods" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Charles convince Terry to take a weekend camping trip as a much needed “babymoon,” but they soon realize it might not be the idealistic weekend for which they had hoped. Meanwhile back at the precinct, Holt gives Rosa some important relationship advice and Amy enlists Gina’s help to prepare her for an important presentation.
Family Guy - "Hot Pocket-Dial" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Quagmire admits that he’s in love with Lois. Unfortunately, he proclaims his love while he has accidentally pocket-dialed Peter. Peter is furious and Brian takes it upon himself to fix the situation.
The Last Man on Earth - "Baby Steps" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Re-population becomes a hot topic with the Malibu survivors.
Still the King - "Guess Who's Comin' to Dinner" (CMT, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Charlotte is furious when she discovers that Vernon has been posing as a preacher; the church is vandalized.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.