Thursday, August 15, 2013
TNT will not be making many changes to its schedule this fall. Their newest acquisition Hawaii Five-0 is airing weekly on Thursday nights. The drama will be expanded in 2014 for more plays, but for now you can watch it Thursdays at at 9pm and 10pm. The series actually quietly joined the line-up last Thursday (Aug. 8) with the very first episode. TNT Fall 2013 in September and October will start off with Smallville at 6am into two-hours of Charmed at 7am & 8am, as this remains unchanged. Supernatural will get three airings from 9am-12pm, into four airings of Bones from 12-4pm. TNT's biggest hit is Castle in reruns and the series is expanded to five days a week and will air 4-9pm (it's actually thru 10pm Mon-Tues and thru 11pm on Wednesdays...but only thru 8pm on Fridays because of movies). Original series Rizzoli & Isles airs Mondays at 10 and Cold Justice on Tuesdays at 10. After primetime, CSI: NY airs at 11pm on Mondays and Thursdays, while the struggling The Mentalist gets Tuesdays and Wednesdays. At midnight, CSI: NY airs on Mondays and Thursdays again, while The Mentalist gets Wednesdays (original series encore of Tuesday). In late night, we have a mix of Law & Order, Cold Case, The Mentalist, The Closer, NUMB3RS and original encores varying each day from 1am-5am. Smallville closes the night out at 5am, as Angel is leaving the schedule after Sept. 26. Law & Order is is played heavily on weekends, airing Saturdays from 5am-12pm and Sundays from 3am-2pm. And finally, movies fill out the rest of the weekend. Stay with us for continued updates on TNT, as it looks like Angel's contract might be over?
Viewers in the San Francisco Bay Area will now be able to enjoy classic television programs and movies on Antenna TV, the Bay Area's newest entertainment channel, available on KRON-MyNetwork TV. KRON, which is owned by Young Broadcasting, LLC, will debut Antenna TV on digital subchannel 4.3 on August 19, and also on Comcast beginning this fall. Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast entertainment network, launched nationally in January of 2011. With addition of KRON, the 77th Antenna TV affiliate, the network now reaches 66% of TV households. As for programming news, Labor Day means Jerry Lewis and Antenna TV salutes his slapstick with a full day of Jerry Lewis' classic comedies on Monday, September 2 beginning at 5am ET. Four classic films will air multiple times on this day: Three on a Couch (1966), The Big Mouth (1967), Don’t Raise the Bridge, Lower the River (1968) and Hook, Line and Sinker (1969). This fall, Antenna TV will add I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched to the lineup which includes classic favorites such as: Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Bachelor Father, McHale's Navy, Hazel, The Partridge Family, Sanford and Son, Maude, The Nanny, Diff'rent Strokes, WKRP in Cincinnati, All in the Family, Barney Miller, The Three Stooges, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, The Jack Benny Program, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, Gidget, The Flying Nun, It Takes a Thief and Antenna TV Theater, a movie block featuring Sony movies.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.