Thursday, August 15, 2013
TNT will not be making many changes to its schedule this fall. Their newest acquisition Hawaii Five-0 is airing weekly on Thursday nights. The drama will be expanded in 2014 for more plays, but for now you can watch it Thursdays at at 9pm and 10pm. The series actually quietly joined the line-up last Thursday (Aug. 8) with the very first episode. TNT Fall 2013 in September and October will start off with Smallville at 6am into two-hours of Charmed at 7am & 8am, as this remains unchanged. Supernatural will get three airings from 9am-12pm, into four airings of Bones from 12-4pm. TNT's biggest hit is Castle in reruns and the series is expanded to five days a week and will air 4-9pm (it's actually thru 10pm Mon-Tues and thru 11pm on Wednesdays...but only thru 8pm on Fridays because of movies). Original series Rizzoli & Isles airs Mondays at 10 and Cold Justice on Tuesdays at 10. After primetime, CSI: NY airs at 11pm on Mondays and Thursdays, while the struggling The Mentalist gets Tuesdays and Wednesdays. At midnight, CSI: NY airs on Mondays and Thursdays again, while The Mentalist gets Wednesdays (original series encore of Tuesday). In late night, we have a mix of Law & Order, Cold Case, The Mentalist, The Closer, NUMB3RS and original encores varying each day from 1am-5am. Smallville closes the night out at 5am, as Angel is leaving the schedule after Sept. 26. Law & Order is is played heavily on weekends, airing Saturdays from 5am-12pm and Sundays from 3am-2pm. And finally, movies fill out the rest of the weekend. Stay with us for continued updates on TNT, as it looks like Angel's contract might be over?
Viewers in the San Francisco Bay Area will now be able to enjoy classic television programs and movies on Antenna TV, the Bay Area's newest entertainment channel, available on KRON-MyNetwork TV. KRON, which is owned by Young Broadcasting, LLC, will debut Antenna TV on digital subchannel 4.3 on August 19, and also on Comcast beginning this fall. Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast entertainment network, launched nationally in January of 2011. With addition of KRON, the 77th Antenna TV affiliate, the network now reaches 66% of TV households. As for programming news, Labor Day means Jerry Lewis and Antenna TV salutes his slapstick with a full day of Jerry Lewis' classic comedies on Monday, September 2 beginning at 5am ET. Four classic films will air multiple times on this day: Three on a Couch (1966), The Big Mouth (1967), Don’t Raise the Bridge, Lower the River (1968) and Hook, Line and Sinker (1969). This fall, Antenna TV will add I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched to the lineup which includes classic favorites such as: Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Bachelor Father, McHale's Navy, Hazel, The Partridge Family, Sanford and Son, Maude, The Nanny, Diff'rent Strokes, WKRP in Cincinnati, All in the Family, Barney Miller, The Three Stooges, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, The Jack Benny Program, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, Gidget, The Flying Nun, It Takes a Thief and Antenna TV Theater, a movie block featuring Sony movies.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.