Friday, December 10, 2010
Updates on Me-TV National Network, Plus Local Me-TV/Me-Too; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 13, 2010)
But first we have gotten a lot of questions on what will happen to the local Me-TV in Chicago and the local Me-TV in Milwaukee as a result of this new national network? Chicago will get the national Me-TV Network feed come December 15, therefore Me-TV Chicago feed will no longer be needed. However starting Dec. 15, sister station Me-Too in Chicago will join forces with the local Me-TV Chicago feed and will air the shows that the national Me-TV Network doesn't have national rights to on its schedule (which includes shows even from Sony Pictures Television), on the new Me-Too in Chicago. As we know, the national Me-TV Network will primarily air the CBS Paramount and 20th Century Fox series. Chicago's Me-Too will now air the comedies you loved on Me-TV Chicago as well as the dramas you currently love on Me-Too. View the schedule for the new Me-Too in Chicago starting Dec. 15. So for you in Chicago, it's time to rescan for new channels, so you know where everything is. The national Me-TV Network (no longer local Me-TV) will be on 26.3, the new Me-Too (combines local Me-TV and Me-Too) will be on 26.4, while MGM's THIS tv moves to the new 26.5. Launching Wednesday, January 5 will be The U Too, which we mentioned before, but now it will be on channel 26.2. View their launch schedule.
Milwaukee will also turn its local Me-TV station into the national Me-TV Network feed come Dec. 15. Then in first quarter 2011, they will add a Me-Too in Milwaukee, so all of the current shows you all like in Milwaukee that currently air on Me-TV Milwaukee but won't air on the national network, will return. We will have the schedule for Me-Too Milwaukee closer to launch. Me-TV airs on channel 49 in Milwaukee and looks like will remain that way with the national network.
Finally, for the rest of us, Me-TV Network will launch Dec. 15. Affiliate info is still not known, but we have learned that MGM will be handling distribution for the network, like they do with THIS tv. So stay with us for more! We will bring you the affiliate listings as soon as we know, but they won't be announced soon. They are just getting started and in most markets have a couple of options that have to be explored and negotiated. So they are not in a rush, and hope people understand this takes more than "flipping a switch" for a broadcaster to commit to programming, says Me-TV. So, Chicago, Milwaukee and I think South Bend are among the stations launching the national Me-TV Dec. 15. We'll keep you updated as MGM announces affiliates for Me-TV Network, but you can do you part by calling/emailing your local stations to add Me-TV Network to their digital substations! It will make a difference!
Since we mentioned THIS tv above (another digital substation), I'd like to mention that they recently started an animation block on weekday mornings with Heathcliff, Tex Avery, Inspector Gadget, and Pink Panther among the series they air from 7am-9am. Saturday mornings has an E/I series block which includes shows like The Busy World of Richard Scarry. A Sunday morning block has Sonic Underground, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Evolution, and Stargate Infinity starting at 8am. We already knew they air sitcoms The Patty Duke Show and Mister Ed every weekday mornings in the 6am hour, as we mentioned back in 2008 on their launch story. Among the other series they air are Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol, The Outer Limits, Stargate SG-1, and Bat Masterson. The schedule consist mainly of MGM films.
THIS tv will be airing two Pink Panther animated specials: the 1980 special Olym-pinks on Tuesday, Dec. 14 at 10am followed by the 1978 holiday special A Pink Christmas at 10:30am. The latter also airs on Thursday, Dec. 15 at 7:30pm.
View the THIS tv website for a list of stations airing this network. As we mentioned back in May, Tribune stations picked it up on many of their stations, including NY's WPIX.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Dec. 13-17, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 13, 2010
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Jackie Thomas Show/The Tom Show) - Watch Tom on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch the Emmy winner on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 12am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on The Fran Drescher Tawk Show that has appeared airing on some Fox stations recently.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings/Alright Already/Life on a Stick) - Watch a repeat of Amy on The Rachel Ray Show so check your listings.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Catch Mila on an all-new Lopez Tonight on TBS at 12am.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Dead/Help Me Help You) - Catch Ted with his wife on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm PT-CT.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Catch a repeat of Tony on The Oprah Show, so check listings.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Jason on The Tonight Show at 11:35pm on NBC.
Michael J. Fox appears on Weekend TODAY show on Sunday (Dec. 12) at 9am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, May 1
Bob's Burgers - "Hauntening" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Belchers are ready for an amazing Halloween! Louise reveals that she has never been scared before and the family sets out to visit a spooky haunted house. When trouble ensues following their visit, the Belchers find themselves in a zany situation more frightening than they bargained for.
The Simpsons - "The Girl Code" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a photo Marge posts on social media gets Homer fired, he returns to the best job he ever had, a dishwasher at a Greek restaurant. This same post inspires Lisa to code an app that predicts the real-life consequences of anything you post online, only to create sentient artificial intelligence.
The Carmichael Show - "Facebook Friends" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joe (David Alan Grier) joins Facebook and receives a friend request from his high school girlfriend which upsets Cynthia (Loretta Devine). Meanwhile, the family explores how social media can affect their relationships and what it means to create an online persona.
Crowded - "Better Man" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Mike (Patrick Warburton) stumbles across a Viagra pill, he and Martina (Carrie Preston) decide to takes it once for fun, but then become worried about going back to business as usual. Meanwhile, Stella (Mia Serafino) starts a YouTube channel but can't handle the mean comments, and Shea (Miranda Cosgrove) finds her own magic pill she can't give up.
Monday, May 2
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Carol Kane (Taxi/American Dreamer/Pearl) - Carol drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - John visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki drops by The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Crew (Silicon Valley) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris discusses Rosewood on the AOL Build Show at 3:45pm.
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill appears on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton appears on People Now.