Friday, December 10, 2010
Updates on Me-TV National Network, Plus Local Me-TV/Me-Too; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 13, 2010)
But first we have gotten a lot of questions on what will happen to the local Me-TV in Chicago and the local Me-TV in Milwaukee as a result of this new national network? Chicago will get the national Me-TV Network feed come December 15, therefore Me-TV Chicago feed will no longer be needed. However starting Dec. 15, sister station Me-Too in Chicago will join forces with the local Me-TV Chicago feed and will air the shows that the national Me-TV Network doesn't have national rights to on its schedule (which includes shows even from Sony Pictures Television), on the new Me-Too in Chicago. As we know, the national Me-TV Network will primarily air the CBS Paramount and 20th Century Fox series. Chicago's Me-Too will now air the comedies you loved on Me-TV Chicago as well as the dramas you currently love on Me-Too. View the schedule for the new Me-Too in Chicago starting Dec. 15. So for you in Chicago, it's time to rescan for new channels, so you know where everything is. The national Me-TV Network (no longer local Me-TV) will be on 26.3, the new Me-Too (combines local Me-TV and Me-Too) will be on 26.4, while MGM's THIS tv moves to the new 26.5. Launching Wednesday, January 5 will be The U Too, which we mentioned before, but now it will be on channel 26.2. View their launch schedule.
Milwaukee will also turn its local Me-TV station into the national Me-TV Network feed come Dec. 15. Then in first quarter 2011, they will add a Me-Too in Milwaukee, so all of the current shows you all like in Milwaukee that currently air on Me-TV Milwaukee but won't air on the national network, will return. We will have the schedule for Me-Too Milwaukee closer to launch. Me-TV airs on channel 49 in Milwaukee and looks like will remain that way with the national network.
Finally, for the rest of us, Me-TV Network will launch Dec. 15. Affiliate info is still not known, but we have learned that MGM will be handling distribution for the network, like they do with THIS tv. So stay with us for more! We will bring you the affiliate listings as soon as we know, but they won't be announced soon. They are just getting started and in most markets have a couple of options that have to be explored and negotiated. So they are not in a rush, and hope people understand this takes more than "flipping a switch" for a broadcaster to commit to programming, says Me-TV. So, Chicago, Milwaukee and I think South Bend are among the stations launching the national Me-TV Dec. 15. We'll keep you updated as MGM announces affiliates for Me-TV Network, but you can do you part by calling/emailing your local stations to add Me-TV Network to their digital substations! It will make a difference!
Since we mentioned THIS tv above (another digital substation), I'd like to mention that they recently started an animation block on weekday mornings with Heathcliff, Tex Avery, Inspector Gadget, and Pink Panther among the series they air from 7am-9am. Saturday mornings has an E/I series block which includes shows like The Busy World of Richard Scarry. A Sunday morning block has Sonic Underground, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Evolution, and Stargate Infinity starting at 8am. We already knew they air sitcoms The Patty Duke Show and Mister Ed every weekday mornings in the 6am hour, as we mentioned back in 2008 on their launch story. Among the other series they air are Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol, The Outer Limits, Stargate SG-1, and Bat Masterson. The schedule consist mainly of MGM films.
THIS tv will be airing two Pink Panther animated specials: the 1980 special Olym-pinks on Tuesday, Dec. 14 at 10am followed by the 1978 holiday special A Pink Christmas at 10:30am. The latter also airs on Thursday, Dec. 15 at 7:30pm.
View the THIS tv website for a list of stations airing this network. As we mentioned back in May, Tribune stations picked it up on many of their stations, including NY's WPIX.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Dec. 13-17, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 13, 2010
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Jackie Thomas Show/The Tom Show) - Watch Tom on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch the Emmy winner on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 12am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on The Fran Drescher Tawk Show that has appeared airing on some Fox stations recently.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings/Alright Already/Life on a Stick) - Watch a repeat of Amy on The Rachel Ray Show so check your listings.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Catch Mila on an all-new Lopez Tonight on TBS at 12am.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Dead/Help Me Help You) - Catch Ted with his wife on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm PT-CT.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Catch a repeat of Tony on The Oprah Show, so check listings.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Jason on The Tonight Show at 11:35pm on NBC.
Michael J. Fox appears on Weekend TODAY show on Sunday (Dec. 12) at 9am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 31
Last Man Standing - "Mike Advises Mandy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike offers Mandy advice on how to set aside money to pay the taxes on her struggling online clothing business. But she decides to do it her way – by opening up a pop up store at Bud’s Buds.
Cristela - "Hall-Oates-Ween" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's Halloween and Cristela is eager to show Trent her “party-whispering” skills to make this year's party a success. After failing to convince Josh, Cristela gets Maddie to join her in dressing up as Hall & Oates. Meanwhile at home, Natalia’s dislike for Halloween has her celebrating the Day of the Dead instead and, ironically, her stories of deceased relatives makes her the most popular Halloween attraction in the neighborhood.
Friday, October 31
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Watch Andy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- J.K. Simmons (Growing Up Fisher) - J.K. appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Leah Remini (The Exes/The Family Tools/The King of Queens) - Leah appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Niecy tells how to look younger on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Tune in to see if Jim and Rach can survive New York's scariest house on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.