Wednesday, October 06, 2010
Finally a week later, on Saturday, Oct. 30, Nick at Nite will air a Halloween stunt that will include four Halloween episodes of George Lopez from 10pm-12am, followed by a Halloween episode each of Everybody Hates Chris & Malcolm in the Middle in the 12am hour, and finally four Halloween episodes of Family Matters close out the stunt from 1am-3am. Be scared with Ernie, Fran, Chris, Malcolm, Urkel and the rest of your favorite Nick at Nite stars!
View the complete Nick at Nite October 2010 schedule and highlights.
Chicago gets another cool channel! Weigel Broadcasting Co. has announced the newest TV station to join its group: The U Too! The U Too will broadcast over-the-air on digital WCIU-TV 26.5 and 26.6 as well as analog WCUU-CA, Channel 48. The newest sister-station in the Weigel Broadcasting Co. line-up will be an extension of Chicago's first independent station, WCIU, The U. Launch of The U Too will take place in early December of 2010.
The U Too will join such stations for the company such as WCIU, Me-TV, Me-Too and THIS tv. There is no word on what programming will air, but it should be similar in style to WCIU. Hopefully we get some sitcoms as well. It is very likely, but probably nothing like Me-TV or Me-Too.
Here's where Chicago will be able to watch Weigel's newest venture: For viewers watching with an antenna, the over-the-air digital position will be WCIU-TV 26.5 and 26.6. The U Too will also be available on analog WCUU-CA, Channel 48. Cable subscribers will see The U Too on Comcast 248, RCN 35 and WOW 170. At this time, The U Too will not be available for Dish Network and DirecTV customers.
When The U Too launches, FBT, the foreign language digital stream, will no longer be available. Weigel Broadcasting Co. is continuing conversations regarding other distribution options with the few independent producers of the foreign language productions seen on FBT.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. and affiliate companies own and operate WCIU-TV/26.1, Me-TV/ WCIU-TV 26.2, Me-Too/WCIU-TV 26.3, THIS/WCIU-TV 26.4, FBT/WCIU-TV 26.6, WWME-CA 23, Me-Too/WMEU-CA 48 in Chicago, IL, CBS/WDJT-TV 58.1, WMLW/WDJT-TV 58.2, THIS/WDJT-TV 58.3, Shorewest TV/WDJT-TV 58.4, WMLW-CA 41, WMLW-LD 41.1, Me-TV/WBME-TV 49.1, Telemundo/WBME-TV 49.4, Telemundo/WYTU-LD 63.1, Me-TV/WYTU-LP 63 in Milwaukee, WI, and ABC/WBND-TV 57.1, CW/WCWW-TV 25.1, My Michiana/WMYS-TV 69.1, ABC/WBND-LP 57, CW/WCWW-LP 25, My Michiana/WMYS-LP 69 in South Bend, IN.
Stay tuned if we have anything more notable news on this.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.