Wednesday, October 06, 2010
Finally a week later, on Saturday, Oct. 30, Nick at Nite will air a Halloween stunt that will include four Halloween episodes of George Lopez from 10pm-12am, followed by a Halloween episode each of Everybody Hates Chris & Malcolm in the Middle in the 12am hour, and finally four Halloween episodes of Family Matters close out the stunt from 1am-3am. Be scared with Ernie, Fran, Chris, Malcolm, Urkel and the rest of your favorite Nick at Nite stars!
View the complete Nick at Nite October 2010 schedule and highlights.
Chicago gets another cool channel! Weigel Broadcasting Co. has announced the newest TV station to join its group: The U Too! The U Too will broadcast over-the-air on digital WCIU-TV 26.5 and 26.6 as well as analog WCUU-CA, Channel 48. The newest sister-station in the Weigel Broadcasting Co. line-up will be an extension of Chicago's first independent station, WCIU, The U. Launch of The U Too will take place in early December of 2010.
The U Too will join such stations for the company such as WCIU, Me-TV, Me-Too and THIS tv. There is no word on what programming will air, but it should be similar in style to WCIU. Hopefully we get some sitcoms as well. It is very likely, but probably nothing like Me-TV or Me-Too.
Here's where Chicago will be able to watch Weigel's newest venture: For viewers watching with an antenna, the over-the-air digital position will be WCIU-TV 26.5 and 26.6. The U Too will also be available on analog WCUU-CA, Channel 48. Cable subscribers will see The U Too on Comcast 248, RCN 35 and WOW 170. At this time, The U Too will not be available for Dish Network and DirecTV customers.
When The U Too launches, FBT, the foreign language digital stream, will no longer be available. Weigel Broadcasting Co. is continuing conversations regarding other distribution options with the few independent producers of the foreign language productions seen on FBT.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. and affiliate companies own and operate WCIU-TV/26.1, Me-TV/ WCIU-TV 26.2, Me-Too/WCIU-TV 26.3, THIS/WCIU-TV 26.4, FBT/WCIU-TV 26.6, WWME-CA 23, Me-Too/WMEU-CA 48 in Chicago, IL, CBS/WDJT-TV 58.1, WMLW/WDJT-TV 58.2, THIS/WDJT-TV 58.3, Shorewest TV/WDJT-TV 58.4, WMLW-CA 41, WMLW-LD 41.1, Me-TV/WBME-TV 49.1, Telemundo/WBME-TV 49.4, Telemundo/WYTU-LD 63.1, Me-TV/WYTU-LP 63 in Milwaukee, WI, and ABC/WBND-TV 57.1, CW/WCWW-TV 25.1, My Michiana/WMYS-TV 69.1, ABC/WBND-LP 57, CW/WCWW-LP 25, My Michiana/WMYS-LP 69 in South Bend, IN.
Stay tuned if we have anything more notable news on this.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.