Wednesday, October 06, 2010
Finally a week later, on Saturday, Oct. 30, Nick at Nite will air a Halloween stunt that will include four Halloween episodes of George Lopez from 10pm-12am, followed by a Halloween episode each of Everybody Hates Chris & Malcolm in the Middle in the 12am hour, and finally four Halloween episodes of Family Matters close out the stunt from 1am-3am. Be scared with Ernie, Fran, Chris, Malcolm, Urkel and the rest of your favorite Nick at Nite stars!
View the complete Nick at Nite October 2010 schedule and highlights.
Chicago gets another cool channel! Weigel Broadcasting Co. has announced the newest TV station to join its group: The U Too! The U Too will broadcast over-the-air on digital WCIU-TV 26.5 and 26.6 as well as analog WCUU-CA, Channel 48. The newest sister-station in the Weigel Broadcasting Co. line-up will be an extension of Chicago's first independent station, WCIU, The U. Launch of The U Too will take place in early December of 2010.
The U Too will join such stations for the company such as WCIU, Me-TV, Me-Too and THIS tv. There is no word on what programming will air, but it should be similar in style to WCIU. Hopefully we get some sitcoms as well. It is very likely, but probably nothing like Me-TV or Me-Too.
Here's where Chicago will be able to watch Weigel's newest venture: For viewers watching with an antenna, the over-the-air digital position will be WCIU-TV 26.5 and 26.6. The U Too will also be available on analog WCUU-CA, Channel 48. Cable subscribers will see The U Too on Comcast 248, RCN 35 and WOW 170. At this time, The U Too will not be available for Dish Network and DirecTV customers.
When The U Too launches, FBT, the foreign language digital stream, will no longer be available. Weigel Broadcasting Co. is continuing conversations regarding other distribution options with the few independent producers of the foreign language productions seen on FBT.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. and affiliate companies own and operate WCIU-TV/26.1, Me-TV/ WCIU-TV 26.2, Me-Too/WCIU-TV 26.3, THIS/WCIU-TV 26.4, FBT/WCIU-TV 26.6, WWME-CA 23, Me-Too/WMEU-CA 48 in Chicago, IL, CBS/WDJT-TV 58.1, WMLW/WDJT-TV 58.2, THIS/WDJT-TV 58.3, Shorewest TV/WDJT-TV 58.4, WMLW-CA 41, WMLW-LD 41.1, Me-TV/WBME-TV 49.1, Telemundo/WBME-TV 49.4, Telemundo/WYTU-LD 63.1, Me-TV/WYTU-LP 63 in Milwaukee, WI, and ABC/WBND-TV 57.1, CW/WCWW-TV 25.1, My Michiana/WMYS-TV 69.1, ABC/WBND-LP 57, CW/WCWW-LP 25, My Michiana/WMYS-LP 69 in South Bend, IN.
Stay tuned if we have anything more notable news on this.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 29
The Goldbergs - "A Night to Remember" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s prom night, and all three Goldberg kids have big plans, which go awry. Barry plans big romantic gestures for Lainey while Erica and Geoff try to go to prom together, but it doesn’t go as planned. Meanwhile, Adam is thrilled when a nerdy but cute junior asks him out, but he is horrified when Beverly gets involved.
Imaginary Mary - "Pilot" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
A fiercely independent career woman, Alice has her life turned upside-down when she meets Ben, a divorced father with three children, and soon falls head-over-heals for him. This triggers more upheaval when the imaginary friend she created as a child, Mary, suddenly reappears as she is nervous to meet Ben’s kids for the first time.
Modern Family - "Five Minutes" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
So much can happen to the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan in five minutes! Mitch and Cam have five minutes to catch a new flight while fighting the effects of sleeping pills they took prematurely. Then at Rainer’s birthday dinner, Haley and Rainer are forced to reevaluate their entire relationship in the five minutes before the birthday cake arrives. Meanwhile, Phil and Claire pay a surprise visit to Alex and are given a five-minute surprise introduction to her new boyfriend. Finally, with only five minutes to catch a movie, Manny has to find the perfect parking space and endure Jay and Gloria’s backseat argument.
black-ish - "Richard Youngsta" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is excited about doing a campaign with a popular rap star but becomes conflicted when Bow and Ruby provide feedback suggesting it plays on stereotypes. Meanwhile, Bow is determined to get the family to stop eating so much take-out food, but realizes the family may be too accustomed to eating whatever they want.
Nobodies - "Mr. First Lady" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
After years toiling away writing on a kids cartoon, “The Fartlemans”, Groundlings Alums Larry, Rachel and Hugh finally get their big break: A chance to pitch their film script “Mr. First Lady” at Paramount.
Lopez - "Leaving Las Vegas" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George quits his Las Vegas residency, causing big problems. Manolo gets out of jail and introduces his roommate, Hector, to everyone.
Schitt's Creek - "Friends & Family" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny and Moira look for a location for the family portrait; David hosts a soft launch for the new store.
Wednesday, March 29
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Watch Andrew on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Paul F. Tompkins (DAG) - Paul is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Milana Vayntrub (Other Space) - Milana appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andy Daly (Review/Eastbound & Down) - Andy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- George Lopez (Lopez/George Lopez) - George discusses the second season of Lopez on the AOL Build Show at 5:30pm.