Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Back to Me-TV, it will be a free, over-the-air television network for local broadcasters, just like Tribune's Antenna TV. It will run 24 hours/7 days a week with iconic television series in all the classic genres: comedy, drama, western adventure and crime/courtroom/detective series. More than 50 series from the 1950s-1980s have been licensed for air on the national Me-TV Network from multiple studios and independent producers. This allows for the type of seasonal and thematic program stunts which have defined Me-TV in Chicago for more than seven years as the destination for true, classic television presented with respect for the programs and viewers.
Among the series on the national Me-TV will be The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, I Love Lucy, Perry Mason, Laverne & Shirley, The Twilight Zone, Bonanza, Happy Days, M*A*S*H, Cheers, Beverly Hillbillies, Streets of San Francisco, The Big Valley, Hawaii Five-0, Star Trek, Gunsmoke, Marshall Dillon, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, Honey West, Taxi, The Brady Bunch, My Three Sons, Cannon, The Odd Couple, The Honeymooners, The Untouchables, Gomer Pyle, Hogan's Heroes, Get Smart, Rawhide, Combat, 12 O'Clock High, Phil Silvers Show, The Wild Wild West, Petticoat Junction, Car 54 Where Are You? and Family Affair! Most of these series are from CBS Paramount with a few from 20th Century Television as well. View and discuss the complete schedule.
So what does Antenna TV think of this? Sean Compton, VP of Tribune Broadcasting, told us this: "I'm glad they are launching, the dot 2 spectrum is going to be filled with great programming. Me-TV is a competing yet at the same time complementing service. We have opposite shows and they don't run movies. (It) should be fun having both of us out there. I wish them luck; they are good guys." We also spoke with Neal Sabin, VP of Weigel Broadcasting, and he added the following: "Sean and I have a great relationship, we are sort of co-competitors of sorts. There is a mutual admiration between us, and I think the market place benefits from having both of us out there. In every market where Tribune or local TV has the Antenna TV affiliation, we become an option for the other broadcasters." -- We agree 100% with both Sean and Neal! The more classic TV, the merrier! SitcomsOnline.com supports both services and cannot wait for both to launch!
So now we have to ask, what markets will Me-TV be in? Antenna TV has secured nearly all of the top markets, including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, but what about Me-TV? We will let you know clearances very soon, but unfortunately there is no clearance yet for New York City, but hopefully they can secure a spot soon. Chicago and Milwaukee will of course still remain with their current line-up. Stay tuned for clearances for Me-TV national!
View more on the national Me-TV Network. Me-TV is owned by Weigel Broadcasting Company.
Moving on to the other news of the day, Fox has set the finale date for struggling comedy Running Wilde. Fox has said they are not going to order more than the initial 13 episodes of the comedy, but it is all but canceled. They haven't said the "c" word, but after the terrible ratings, it seems it has zero chance of coming back next season.
The comedy starring Will Arnett and Keri Russell still has six episodes left to air and they will ALL air in December. It will air at its normal time of Tuesdays at 9:30pm next week (Nov. 30) and the following week (Dec. 7). The next two Tuesdays, Fox will preempt the series (Glee repeats on Dec. 14 and a new Million Dollar Money Drop on Dec. 21). As a result, Fox will move the show to Sundays for the next three weeks: Sunday, Dec. 12 at 7pm, Sunday, Dec. 19 at 7pm and Sunday, Dec. 26 at 9:30pm. The final two episodes will air on its normal night of Tuesdays, with back-to-back airings in the 9pm hour on Tuesday, Dec. 28.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 3
Fresh Off the Boat - "Showdown at the Golden Saddle" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Things are looking up for the Huangs when Louis gets the restaurant a billboard in a prime spot in Orlando. They even get an invite to the country club. But when someone repeatedly vandalizes the billboard, they’re left wondering why. Eddie works hard to get the attention of the girl he’s crushing on (Luna Blaise as Nicole), but it doesn’t help matters when his mom hires her to babysit him.
New Girl - "Walk of Shame" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After a night of partying at Bearclaw’s (guest star Josh Gad), Jess and Cece make their way back to the loft and run into a familiar face. Meanwhile, Coach worries about bringing Nick and Winston around his sophisticated new girlfriend, May (guest star Meaghan Rath).
The Mindy Project - "Fertility Bites" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy’s fertility clinic opens. But with zero track record in the fertility field, attracting new patients is tougher than she imagined. Meanwhile, at Shulman & Associates, the nurses try to raise money for obese nurses while trying to get to know Dr. Bergdahl.
Cougar Town - "Two Men Talking" TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Fearing that her dad, Chick, is lonely, Jules tries to set him up with Grayson as a best friend. Laurie helps Andy fit in with a cool mom group and Travis and Ellie open up to each other in the Winebulance.
Sirens - "Let Pytons Be Pythons" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A car crash at a firehouse releases an unusual passenger; Billy accompanies Theresa and Maeve to a sample sale.
Tuesday, March 3
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Good Luck Charlie/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Bridgit is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Angela Kinsey (The Hotwives of Orlando/The Office) - Angela appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/'Til Death/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - J.B. talks about the new season of Four Courses with J.B. Smoove and MSG's Garden of Laughs comedy show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kendra C. Johnson (Tyler Perry's Love Thy Neighbor) - Kendra stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Robbie Amell (1600 Penn/True Jackson, VP/Life with Derek) - Robbie talks about The Flash and The Duff on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) - Jeremy talks about A&E's The Returned on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4:30pm.
- Forrest Wheeler and Ian Chen (Fresh Off the Boat) - Forrest and Ian talk about their new comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ming-Na Wen (The Single Guy) - Ming-Na Wen will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly talks about The Breakfast Club's 30th Anniversary on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.