Tuesday, May 25, 2010
On Friday, July 2 at 10pm, Miami Medical has its series finale, while Three Rivers will have its series finale the very next night (Saturday, July 3) at 8pm. On Friday, July 9, 2010 CBS will air two all-new back-to-back episodes of Flashpoint from 9-11pm, before it moves to 10pm starting July 16. Repeats of Medium is currently slated to air at 9pm starting July 16. Replacing Three Rivers on Saturdays will be Canadian import The Bridge starting Saturday, July 10 at 8pm.
Moving on to reality, Big Brother returns for its 12th season starting Thursday, July 8 at 8pm. The series will air this season on Thursdays at 8pm, Sundays at 8pm (starting July 11), and Wednesdays at 8pm (starting July 14). As of now, everything else in the summer are pretty much repeats. CBS airs the 64th Annual Tony Awards on Sunday, June 13 from 8-11pm and the 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards on Sunday, June 27 from 9-11pm. And on Saturday, July 3, 2010, CBS presents the network premiere of the film Die Another Day.
In other CBS updates, Paula Abdul has been named an executive producer, creative partner and lead judge for Got to Dance (working title), a new reality-competition series for CBS. She will also serve as coach, mentor and advocate for contestants during the performances and elimination process, providing critical input and guidance while sharing her experience with hopeful contestants. No word yet when the series will air, but it could possibly air in January 2011. The series is based on the British hit that debuted earlier this year and has been a ratings sensation for Britain's Sky 1, making it one of the UK's top-rated pay TV series this season.
View the full CBS Summer 2010 schedule thus far. We will update it as we get information, so keep checking it!
Tribune Broadcasting has signed a long-term affiliation agreement to air MGM's This TV on Tribune's digital channels. This TV will pick up Tribune stations as new affiliates in New York (WPIX), Miami (WSFL), St. Louis (KPLR), San Diego (KSWB) and Grand Rapids (WXMI). At the same time, This TV has renewed its existing affiliation agreements with Tribune stations in Los Angeles (KTLA), Philadelphia (WPHL), Washington, D.C. (WDCW), Denver (KWGN), Indianapolis/Bloomington (WTTV/WTIC), Hartford (WTIC) and New Orleans (WNOL).
This TV is a 24/7 free, ad-supported network that offers classic movies and TV shows from MGM's library; informational and educational children's programming; opportunities for TV stations to customize the network for their local markets; and no paid programming. This TV, which was created and is operated jointly by MGM and Weigel Broadcasting, was launched in November of 2008. MGM and Tribune have also formed a strategic partnership designed to continue to grow the digital network, which is now carried by stations reaching over 85% of the country. MGM also announced it has reached an agreement with The Nielsen Company, which will provide national ratings for This TV.
This TV airs classic series such as Mister Ed, The Patty Duke Show, and The Outer Limits.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.