Thursday, March 23, 2017
Fox is announcing summer premiere dates for new series Love Connection, Beat Shazam, The F Word with Gordon Ramsay and Superhuman, as well as the returns of MasterChef, American Grit and So You Think You Can Dance. This summer, Thursdays are all about match-making and music, with the debuts of Love Connection and Beat Shazam on May 25. All-new unscripted series Love Connection kicks off the night at 8:00PM ET/PT on Fox hosted by Emmy Award winner Andy Cohen (Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen) and executive-produced by Mike Fleiss (The Bachelor). New interactive game show Beat Shazam, hosted by Grammy-, Golden Globe- and Academy Award-winning actor and musician Jamie Foxx (Ray, Django Unchained) debuts at 9:00PM ET/PT, executive-produced by Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Voice).
On Wednesday, May 31, new LIVE series The F Word with Gordon Ramsay debuts, following the Season Eight premiere of MasterChef at 8:00 PM ET/PT. Based on his hit U.K. series, each distinctive and fast-paced hour will combine good food and great cooking with Ramsay's passion, energy and humor into a one-of-a-kind LIVE series. On Sunday, June 11 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, WWE® Superstar John Cena® brings 17 new competitors – all who either have lost their grit or never had it – to sunny Hampton Island, GA in American Grit. Hosted by Cat Deeley and featuring the return of Mary Murphy as judge, alongside Nigel Lythgoe, So You Think You Can Dance enters its 14th season on Monday, June 12 at 8:00PM ET/PT. Following So You Think You Can Dance, get ready to have your mind blown when Superhuman premieres at 9:00PM ET/PT Hosted by actor Kal Penn, and featuring panelists Mike Tyson, Christina Milian and Dr. Rahul Jandial, this jaw-dropping series of one-hour episodes tests the abilities of ordinary people to use their extraordinary skills to win a $50,000 grand prize.
Additionally, the 2017 Miss USA® competition is set to air live on Sunday, May 14 from 7:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed). The not-to-be-missed three-hour special programming event will conclude with Miss USA 2016 Deshauna Barber crowning her successor. Additional finale dates, summer premiere dates and schedule information to be announced.
The ad men of the Motor City keep their creativity flowing as Comedy Central has renewed Detroiters for a second season. Executive produced, created and written by Sam Richardson, Tim Robinson, Joe Kelly and Zach Kanin and executive produced by Lorne Michaels, Jason Sudeikis, and Broadway Video's Andrew Singer, the second season will launch next year. The series, currently in its first season airing Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, stars real life best friends Sam Richardson, from Detroit, and Tim Robinson, from Metro Detroit, as small-time ad men in the Motor City. Whatever they do, they do it together. And no matter what happens, Sam and Tim's love for each other and their city never wavers. Jason Sudeikis appears in a narrative arc as a successful Chrysler brand executive whom Richardson and Robinson relentlessly pursue in an effort to land their first big-time client. Season one guest stars include Obba Babatunde, Michael Che, Comedian CP, Steve Higgins, Richard Karn, Rick Mahorn, Keegan-Michael Key, Kevin Nash, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Cecily Strong, Trick Trick, George Wallace and Malcolm-Jamal Warner. Monika Zielinska and Rachel Olson are the Executives in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
Season one episodes of Detroiters are available via cc.com on the day each new episode premieres to fans who authenticate via their cable or satellite provider, as well as via the Comedy Central App. In addition, they are available the day after air on iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, Microsoft Movies & TV, Verizon Multi-Screen, Google Play, Frontier Communications, and Sony Interactive Entertainment.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 24
Hollywood Darlings - "She's Not All That" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After years of pretending to be her own assistant to avoid saying ``no'' to people, a non-confrontational Beverley finally hires former child star Lori Beth Denberg to be her assistant; Jodie asks a stranger to pretend to be a fan of Christine's.
Return of the Mac - "An Offer Joe Can't Refuse" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Joe is forced to book his own celebrity guests, he finds out there's a daytime mafia controlling the booking of celebrities.
Bunk'd - "Girl Meets World" (Disney Channel, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Xander and Emma learn two of their campers have a crush on one another.
Nobodies - "Devil in a Red Dress" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Larry, Rachel and Hugh, at their most fractured, turn to another writing team for help: fellow Groundlings alums Jim Rash and Nat Faxon.
Lopez - "Cuck You George Lopez" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George’s friends have him worried that Lori wears the pants in their relationship. Pfeiffer complicates Olly’s work life, and Manolo gets laser eye surgery to please Wendy.
Wednesday, May 24
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Watch Zoe on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannibal Buress (Broad City) - Hannibal appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Topher stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Andree Vermeulen (Angie Tribeca) - Andree appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- T. J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T. J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Lennon appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Eric Stonesteet (Modern Family) - Eric drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jake Smollett (On Our Own) - Jake throws down spicy honey chicken on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan talks about Wakefield on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris and trainer Obi Obadike have tips to lose ten pounds in ten days on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank talks about his new hit, Brockmire, with Clinton Kelly on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.