Tuesday, September 13, 2016
We hinted that Antenna TV was going to add a bunch of shows and even named a few, now the announcement is here for most! Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast network continues to invest in programming and will add nine new programs to its schedule in 2017. Antenna TV currently airs in 131 TV markets across the U.S. reaching 87% of TV households. In January 2017, Becker, What's Happening!! and My Two Dads will begin their run on Antenna TV, while Alice, Growing Pains, 227, The Hogan Family, Head of the Class and Murphy Brown will join the network during the year. In 2016, Antenna TV brought Johnny Carson back to late night with a 60-minute classic Carson episodes airing weeknights and a 90-minute episode on weekends, marking the first time Carson is airing in strip since he signed off in 1992. This year, the network also added Webster, Wings and The Addams Family, which launched on September 12.
Alice, Murphy Brown, Growing Pains, Head of the Class, and The Hogan Family join Antenna TV from Warner Bros., Becker joins from CBS, 227, My Two Dads and What's Happening!! join the network from Sony.
TeleXitos, the first-of-its-kind multicast channel for Spanish-language viewers that seek action adventure en Español, announced the network has the rights to air the iconic 1960's television series, Batman, in Spanish. Viewers in the United States will now be able to watch the 120-episode series in Spanish and without subtitles. TeleXitos will kick-off the Batman series premiere with a weekend marathon that will begin on Saturday, September 17 at 1 PM ET / 12 CT. To view a promo of the series in Spanish, click here. Batman, the 1960's television show that was based on DC Comics characters, first aired in the United States on January 12, 1966 on ABC. The fan-favorite series that featured the caped crusader duo, Bruce Wayne as Batman and Dick Grayson as Robin, alongside a cast of supervillains including the Joker, the Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman among others, took the country by storm and spurred a "Batmania" phenomenon. To date, Batman and its legendary onomatopoeia graphics, remains a beloved classic.
To commemorate TeleXitos' debut of Batman and celebrate DC Comics' "Batman Day 2016" on September 17, the network will also offer viewers an opportunity to access special Batman-themed trivia in Spanish on its digital and social media platforms. Viewers can visit TeleXitos.com, as well as the network;s Facebook page at Facebook.com/TeleXitos or its Twitter page at @TeleXitos and use the hashtag #BatmanEnTeleXitos, to access the specially-curated digital content and keep up with the network's Batman debut.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.