Tuesday, September 13, 2016
We hinted that Antenna TV was going to add a bunch of shows and even named a few, now the announcement is here for most! Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast network continues to invest in programming and will add nine new programs to its schedule in 2017. Antenna TV currently airs in 131 TV markets across the U.S. reaching 87% of TV households. In January 2017, Becker, What's Happening!! and My Two Dads will begin their run on Antenna TV, while Alice, Growing Pains, 227, The Hogan Family, Head of the Class and Murphy Brown will join the network during the year. In 2016, Antenna TV brought Johnny Carson back to late night with a 60-minute classic Carson episodes airing weeknights and a 90-minute episode on weekends, marking the first time Carson is airing in strip since he signed off in 1992. This year, the network also added Webster, Wings and The Addams Family, which launched on September 12.
Alice, Murphy Brown, Growing Pains, Head of the Class, and The Hogan Family join Antenna TV from Warner Bros., Becker joins from CBS, 227, My Two Dads and What's Happening!! join the network from Sony.
TeleXitos, the first-of-its-kind multicast channel for Spanish-language viewers that seek action adventure en Español, announced the network has the rights to air the iconic 1960's television series, Batman, in Spanish. Viewers in the United States will now be able to watch the 120-episode series in Spanish and without subtitles. TeleXitos will kick-off the Batman series premiere with a weekend marathon that will begin on Saturday, September 17 at 1 PM ET / 12 CT. To view a promo of the series in Spanish, click here. Batman, the 1960's television show that was based on DC Comics characters, first aired in the United States on January 12, 1966 on ABC. The fan-favorite series that featured the caped crusader duo, Bruce Wayne as Batman and Dick Grayson as Robin, alongside a cast of supervillains including the Joker, the Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman among others, took the country by storm and spurred a "Batmania" phenomenon. To date, Batman and its legendary onomatopoeia graphics, remains a beloved classic.
To commemorate TeleXitos' debut of Batman and celebrate DC Comics' "Batman Day 2016" on September 17, the network will also offer viewers an opportunity to access special Batman-themed trivia in Spanish on its digital and social media platforms. Viewers can visit TeleXitos.com, as well as the network;s Facebook page at Facebook.com/TeleXitos or its Twitter page at @TeleXitos and use the hashtag #BatmanEnTeleXitos, to access the specially-curated digital content and keep up with the network's Batman debut.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.