Thursday, August 18, 2016
We mentioned that Antenna TV has acquired The Addams Family and Wings for this September, but that is not all that is coming to the network. Sources tell SitcomsOnline that Antenna TV has a boat load of of new sitcoms coming in the next 1-2 years, including '70s classic Alice and '90s comedy Murphy Brown. It looks like Antenna TV will be diving into the Warner Bros. library with those two additions. They will also bring back shows that were once on Antenna TV but only aired weekly, like Sony's Benson and Soap. Perhaps they will get more exposure the second time around? Antenna TV is not confirming all of this yet, but we have good sources and a good reason to believe you'll be seeing plenty of new sitcoms joining the lineup soon. Just stay with us for continued updates, as they officially announce it. We're hoping they have also acquired shows like Perfect Strangers, The Facts of Life, Silver Spoons and What's Happening!!/What's Happening Now!! And bring back Diff'rent Strokes?
Antenna TV currently airs Johnny Carson, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, All in the Family, Barney Miller, The Burns and Allen Show, Bewitched, Dear John, Dennis the Menace, Doogie Howser MD, Evening Shade, Family Ties, Gidget, Good Times, Green Acres, Hazel, I Dream of Jeannie, Jack Benny, The Jeffersons, Leave it to Beaver, Maude, McHale's Navy, Mr. Belvedere. Mister Ed, The Monkees, Mork and Mindy, My Mother the Car, Newhart, One Day at a Time, The Partridge Family, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Sanford and Son, Small Wonder, Three's Company and Webster.
Decades Network, the multicast TV network from Weigel Broadcasting Co. and CBS Television Stations, announces a special four-day tribute to the slapstick comic legacy of The Three Stooges. The event is scheduled to air Monday, August 29 through Thursday, September 1, in honor of the 33rd anniversary of The Three Stooges receiving their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. To celebrate, Decades will present the broadcast television premiere of a nine-part Three Stooges documentary Hey Moe! Hey Dad!, as well as a collection of The Three Stooges movies. For the first time on broadcast television, Decades presents the premiere of Hey Moe! Hey Dad! from C3 Entertainment, Inc., The Three Stooges® brand owner, and produced by Frank Basile’s Fresh Produce Productions. The nine-part documentary goes behind the comedic curtain and tells the backstory of all the members of The Three Stooges, covering a hundred years from the perspective of narrator Paul Howard, Moe Howard’s son. Besides the rare footage and photos, the docu-series also features interviews with family members, friends and Hollywood celebrities, including Leonard Maltin, Billy West, Pat Cooper, and Whoopi Goldberg.
Decades will present the feature length Stooge antics in The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (1962), The Three Stooges in Orbit (1962), The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze (1963) and Stop! Look! And Laugh! (1960). From the first "Why I oughta," to the next "Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" to the final "What's the idea?," Decades pays tribute to the comedy genius of The Three Stooges.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.