Thursday, August 18, 2016
We mentioned that Antenna TV has acquired The Addams Family and Wings for this September, but that is not all that is coming to the network. Sources tell SitcomsOnline that Antenna TV has a boat load of of new sitcoms coming in the next 1-2 years, including '70s classic Alice and '90s comedy Murphy Brown. It looks like Antenna TV will be diving into the Warner Bros. library with those two additions. They will also bring back shows that were once on Antenna TV but only aired weekly, like Sony's Benson and Soap. Perhaps they will get more exposure the second time around? Antenna TV is not confirming all of this yet, but we have good sources and a good reason to believe you'll be seeing plenty of new sitcoms joining the lineup soon. Just stay with us for continued updates, as they officially announce it. We're hoping they have also acquired shows like Perfect Strangers, The Facts of Life, Silver Spoons and What's Happening!!/What's Happening Now!! And bring back Diff'rent Strokes?
Antenna TV currently airs Johnny Carson, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, All in the Family, Barney Miller, The Burns and Allen Show, Bewitched, Dear John, Dennis the Menace, Doogie Howser MD, Evening Shade, Family Ties, Gidget, Good Times, Green Acres, Hazel, I Dream of Jeannie, Jack Benny, The Jeffersons, Leave it to Beaver, Maude, McHale's Navy, Mr. Belvedere. Mister Ed, The Monkees, Mork and Mindy, My Mother the Car, Newhart, One Day at a Time, The Partridge Family, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Sanford and Son, Small Wonder, Three's Company and Webster.
Decades Network, the multicast TV network from Weigel Broadcasting Co. and CBS Television Stations, announces a special four-day tribute to the slapstick comic legacy of The Three Stooges. The event is scheduled to air Monday, August 29 through Thursday, September 1, in honor of the 33rd anniversary of The Three Stooges receiving their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. To celebrate, Decades will present the broadcast television premiere of a nine-part Three Stooges documentary Hey Moe! Hey Dad!, as well as a collection of The Three Stooges movies. For the first time on broadcast television, Decades presents the premiere of Hey Moe! Hey Dad! from C3 Entertainment, Inc., The Three Stooges® brand owner, and produced by Frank Basile’s Fresh Produce Productions. The nine-part documentary goes behind the comedic curtain and tells the backstory of all the members of The Three Stooges, covering a hundred years from the perspective of narrator Paul Howard, Moe Howard’s son. Besides the rare footage and photos, the docu-series also features interviews with family members, friends and Hollywood celebrities, including Leonard Maltin, Billy West, Pat Cooper, and Whoopi Goldberg.
Decades will present the feature length Stooge antics in The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (1962), The Three Stooges in Orbit (1962), The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze (1963) and Stop! Look! And Laugh! (1960). From the first "Why I oughta," to the next "Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" to the final "What's the idea?," Decades pays tribute to the comedy genius of The Three Stooges.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.