Tuesday, July 05, 2016
CMT has added The New Adventures of Old Christine beginning this week. The Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom is airing weekdays at 4pm & 4:30pm in between the network's successful sitcoms Reba (12-4pm) and Last Man Standing (5-8pm), both also air on Freeform (and Hallmark also airs Last Man Standing, and Reba airs on TV Land). Roseanne kicks off the CMT sitcom line-up from 10am-12pm. The network's only other sitcom airings are two Raising Hope episodes weekday mornings from 4-5am. Back to The New Adventures of Old Christine, the sitcom also airs on sister network TV Land in late nights and has previously aired on Viacom nets NickMom and Nick at Nite. The series has also aired on Lifetime and WGN in the past. Julia Louis-Dreyfus stars in a comedy about a divorced working mom who's juggling the daily stresses of motherhood, work and dating, while maintaining a positive relationship with her ex-husband, which is easier when his pretty new girlfriend isn't around to complicate the picture. Christine Campbell has a busy life - after all, she's prone to taking NyQuil to get to sleep and leaving voicemail messages to herself in the middle of the night. She co-owns a women's 30-minute workout gym with her best friend, Barb, and manages to send her 13-year-old son, Ritchie, to a posh private school, where she endures endless encounters with two snooty, condescending stay-at-home moms, Marly and Lindsay. Her inexperienced therapist brother, Matthew, helps Christine care for Ritchie and serves as her emotional rock. Christine gets along with her ex-husband, Richard, even better than when they were married, but since Richard's been in relationship with "new" Christine" - making her the "Old Christine" - she feels the pressure to take that same leap.
Capitalizing on the Rio Olympics, NBC will air special original half-hour episodes of the network's comedy, Superstore, and reality series, The Voice, on Friday, Aug. 19 and Sunday, Aug. 21 (the night of the Closing Ceremony), respectively. Both episodes will begin at 10:30pm ET following Olympics coverage. Superstore stars America Ferrera and Ben Feldman and a unique family of employees at a super-sized megastore. Ferrera is the store's most stalwart employee who holds the place together, and Feldman plays the naive dreamer determined to prove work doesn't have to be boring. Their fellow associates include a unique collection of characters played by Lauren Ash, Colton Dunn, Nico Santos and Nichole Bloom, who are overseen by the clueless store manager played by Mark McKinney.
Following the Closing Ceremony will be the first 30 minutes of the 11th cycle of The Voice, which returns Sept. 19 in its regularly-scheduled time period. The preview will pull back the curtain on two female coaches for the first time ever as Alicia Keys and Miley Cyrus will take their places in the red chairs next to Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.