Tuesday, July 05, 2016
CMT has added The New Adventures of Old Christine beginning this week. The Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom is airing weekdays at 4pm & 4:30pm in between the network's successful sitcoms Reba (12-4pm) and Last Man Standing (5-8pm), both also air on Freeform (and Hallmark also airs Last Man Standing, and Reba airs on TV Land). Roseanne kicks off the CMT sitcom line-up from 10am-12pm. The network's only other sitcom airings are two Raising Hope episodes weekday mornings from 4-5am. Back to The New Adventures of Old Christine, the sitcom also airs on sister network TV Land in late nights and has previously aired on Viacom nets NickMom and Nick at Nite. The series has also aired on Lifetime and WGN in the past. Julia Louis-Dreyfus stars in a comedy about a divorced working mom who's juggling the daily stresses of motherhood, work and dating, while maintaining a positive relationship with her ex-husband, which is easier when his pretty new girlfriend isn't around to complicate the picture. Christine Campbell has a busy life - after all, she's prone to taking NyQuil to get to sleep and leaving voicemail messages to herself in the middle of the night. She co-owns a women's 30-minute workout gym with her best friend, Barb, and manages to send her 13-year-old son, Ritchie, to a posh private school, where she endures endless encounters with two snooty, condescending stay-at-home moms, Marly and Lindsay. Her inexperienced therapist brother, Matthew, helps Christine care for Ritchie and serves as her emotional rock. Christine gets along with her ex-husband, Richard, even better than when they were married, but since Richard's been in relationship with "new" Christine" - making her the "Old Christine" - she feels the pressure to take that same leap.
Capitalizing on the Rio Olympics, NBC will air special original half-hour episodes of the network's comedy, Superstore, and reality series, The Voice, on Friday, Aug. 19 and Sunday, Aug. 21 (the night of the Closing Ceremony), respectively. Both episodes will begin at 10:30pm ET following Olympics coverage. Superstore stars America Ferrera and Ben Feldman and a unique family of employees at a super-sized megastore. Ferrera is the store's most stalwart employee who holds the place together, and Feldman plays the naive dreamer determined to prove work doesn't have to be boring. Their fellow associates include a unique collection of characters played by Lauren Ash, Colton Dunn, Nico Santos and Nichole Bloom, who are overseen by the clueless store manager played by Mark McKinney.
Following the Closing Ceremony will be the first 30 minutes of the 11th cycle of The Voice, which returns Sept. 19 in its regularly-scheduled time period. The preview will pull back the curtain on two female coaches for the first time ever as Alicia Keys and Miley Cyrus will take their places in the red chairs next to Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.