Thursday, July 28, 2016
Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast network, will be adding The Addams Family and Wings to the lineup beginning September 12. Antenna TV, which airs in 130 TV markets across the U.S. reaching nearly 87% of TV households, will air the classic '60s sitcom The Addams Family (and their macabre misadventures) 5-6pm ET on Saturdays and 10-11am ET on Sundays. '90s fan favorite comedy Wings will take flight on Antenna TV weekdays from 12-1am ET. Wings has aired on Antenna TV as a special during the holiday season this past year, but now will officially join the schedule! More info on Antenna TV's fall 2016 schedule is still to come...along with many more new additions coming in the coming months!
CMT announced a 13-episode second season pickup of its hit sitcom Still The King, starring Billy Ray Cyrus, Joey Lauren Adams and Madison Iseman. The one-hour season finale airs Sunday, August 14 at 9pm ET/PT. Season two will begin production this fall and is slated to premiere next year. Fans can catch up on this season now at CMT.com, on the CMT app and VOD. The premiere of Still The King on June 8 marked CMT's highest rated original series premiere to date grossing more than 4.7 million total viewers (L+3) for a stellar 1.03 rating A18-49 rating across a 3 network simulcast (CMT, TV Land, Nick@Nite). The series is currently reaching nearly 4.5 million viewers each week. Still The King features Billy Ray Cyrusas Vernon Brown, AKA "Burnin' Vernon," a scandal-ridden washed up one-hit wonder who is kicked out of country music, only to emerge 20 years later as the second best Elvis impersonator. After crashing into an old country church outside of Nashville during a drunken bender, he is sentenced to return and perform community service. Instead, he pretends to be the congregation's new minister and re-connects with a former one-night-stand (Joey Lauren Adams), only to discover he has a 15-year-old daughter he's never met (Madison Iseman).
The series is part of CMT's most diverse programming line-up to date, featuring a mix of scripted programs (including the forthcoming premieres of Nashville and Million Dollar Quartet), unscripted series (including I Love Kellie Pickler, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making The Team, and Broken Skull Challenge), original documentaries (including the forthcoming premiere of The Bandit) and music events (including CMT Music Awards, CMT Artists of the Year, and the forthcoming CMT Concert of the Summer).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 28
Fresh Off the Boat - "Living While Eddie" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After her precious morning papaya goes missing and the dishwasher was used for its actual purpose rather than just a drying rack, Jessica automatically accuses Eddie as the culprit. Yet when a record store manager accuses him of stealing a CD, she realizes he has other motives for his actions. Meanwhile, Louis and Emery are bursting with excitement when a TV crew comes to shoot an infomercial at Cattleman’s Ranch.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Heartbreak" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Devastated by his break-up with Brett, Kenny tags along with Pat and Jimmy to a Lonely Hearts happy hour, but when they try to use Kenny’s sadness to get attention from single ladies, Kenny inadvertently steals the show. Meanwhile, Eileen shuns the usual Valentine’s Day traditions until a chance encounter changes her mind.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
New Girl - "Young Adult" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess worries that she may not be a cool enough principal, she recruits Nick and “The Pepperwood Chronicles” to help make her popular with the students. Meanwhile, Schmidt hires an eager and overly-aggressive new assistant and Winston realizes that Furguson may be two-timing him.
The Mick - "The New Girl" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Mickey believes Ben’s school is discriminating against him, she stands up for her nephew. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Chip spend time with Alba and learn some surprising things about her.
Kevin Can Wait - "The Power of Positive Drinking" (CBS, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Kevin takes a job as a bartender, he goes too far when he starts dispensing unsolicited advice to his customers.
The Detour - "The Tub" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As Nate and Robin contemplate having another child, a neighbor's casual get together turns into a home birth; Delilah learns about being a third wheel.
Teachers - "Thirty-One and Done" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Snap struggles with the idea of turning thirty-one and tries to regain her youth. Ms. Bennigan offers to babysit Blake for Hot Dad. The Teachers deal with every teacher’s nightmare when the copier breaks down.
Tuesday, February 28
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Table 19 on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about the new season of Nashville on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Katherine LaNasa (Three Sisters) - Katherine bakes a Mardi Gras king cake on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig talks about Table 19 on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh talks about his The Arrangement on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani is a guest on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.