Monday, June 20, 2016
The CW joins NBC and Fox in releasing their fall 2016 premiere dates. The CW Network will launch its 2016-17 season in October with three new additions to its schedule this fall, including the new drama Frequency; Supergirl, which comes to The CW alongside the network's other DC heroes Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow; and the new hour-long romantic comedy No Tomorrow,which joins the critically acclaimed one-hour comedies Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on The CW schedule. The CW's fall season kicks off with its #1 series The Flash, back for season three on Tuesday, October 4 at 8:00pm ET, followed by the charming romantic comedy No Tomorrow starring newcomer Tori Anderson and Joshua Sasse (Galavant) at 9:00pm ET. Arrow returns to Wednesday nights on October 5 at 8:00pm ET, paired with the debut of the intense new thriller Frequency at 9:00pm ET, starring Peyton List (The Tomorrow People), Riley Smith and Mekhi Phifer. The iHeartRadio Music Festival returns to The CW airing over two nights on Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7 both nights from 8:00-10:00pm ET.
Supergirl soars to its new home, making its debut on The CW on Monday, October 10 at 8:00pm ET, and will be followed that night by an encore of the premiere episode of No Tomorrow. The following week, on October 17, The CW's award-winning one-hour comedy Jane The Virgin returns for its third season at 9:00pm ET. Thursdays are action-packed starting October 13 with DC's Legends of Tomorrow at 8:00pm ET followed by Supernatural on a new night at 9:00pm ET. On October 21, The Vampire Diaries at 8:00pm ET returns to Friday, with its season eight premiere, followed by Golden Globe and Critics' Choice Award-winner Rachel Bloom and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend at 9:00PM ET.
A new, third-party presidential candidate has come out of the woodwork. A career politician who embraces his many strings attached. A child-friendly figure who freely admits to being wooden and stage-managed. An experienced on-camera personality who can always smile on cue. On July 4, the real fireworks will be found on COZI TV, where America's newest candidate for the oval office will announce his candidacy before a nationwide audience. He will offer his views on the issues of the day, the challenges facing our nation and perhaps most revealing, his unique perspective on the characters already headlining this year's campaign. Having run for office twice and won both times, Howdy Doody may be the most qualified candidate in the race.
On Independence Day, COZI TV will feature the return of the iconic television figure to America's living rooms from coast-to-coast. The day's Howdy Doody marathon will mark the first time these episodes aired on television in more than 50 years, since NBC aired the final episode on September 24, 1960. The July 4th marathon will also include a new compilation special, Howdy Doody for President, comprising segments from earlier shows where Howdy's run for president in 1948 and 1952 were featured. As part of the original content produced for the special, Howdy has some choice remarks about our current presidential candidates and the tone of the 2016 election. Additional original content introduces each episode in the marathon. The campaign special and Howdy Doody marathon will begin at 9 AM and continue to 3 PM on Monday, July 4 (check local listings). Nine episodes are scheduled for the marathon.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.