Monday, June 20, 2016
The CW joins NBC and Fox in releasing their fall 2016 premiere dates. The CW Network will launch its 2016-17 season in October with three new additions to its schedule this fall, including the new drama Frequency; Supergirl, which comes to The CW alongside the network's other DC heroes Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow; and the new hour-long romantic comedy No Tomorrow,which joins the critically acclaimed one-hour comedies Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on The CW schedule. The CW's fall season kicks off with its #1 series The Flash, back for season three on Tuesday, October 4 at 8:00pm ET, followed by the charming romantic comedy No Tomorrow starring newcomer Tori Anderson and Joshua Sasse (Galavant) at 9:00pm ET. Arrow returns to Wednesday nights on October 5 at 8:00pm ET, paired with the debut of the intense new thriller Frequency at 9:00pm ET, starring Peyton List (The Tomorrow People), Riley Smith and Mekhi Phifer. The iHeartRadio Music Festival returns to The CW airing over two nights on Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7 both nights from 8:00-10:00pm ET.
Supergirl soars to its new home, making its debut on The CW on Monday, October 10 at 8:00pm ET, and will be followed that night by an encore of the premiere episode of No Tomorrow. The following week, on October 17, The CW's award-winning one-hour comedy Jane The Virgin returns for its third season at 9:00pm ET. Thursdays are action-packed starting October 13 with DC's Legends of Tomorrow at 8:00pm ET followed by Supernatural on a new night at 9:00pm ET. On October 21, The Vampire Diaries at 8:00pm ET returns to Friday, with its season eight premiere, followed by Golden Globe and Critics' Choice Award-winner Rachel Bloom and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend at 9:00PM ET.
A new, third-party presidential candidate has come out of the woodwork. A career politician who embraces his many strings attached. A child-friendly figure who freely admits to being wooden and stage-managed. An experienced on-camera personality who can always smile on cue. On July 4, the real fireworks will be found on COZI TV, where America's newest candidate for the oval office will announce his candidacy before a nationwide audience. He will offer his views on the issues of the day, the challenges facing our nation and perhaps most revealing, his unique perspective on the characters already headlining this year's campaign. Having run for office twice and won both times, Howdy Doody may be the most qualified candidate in the race.
On Independence Day, COZI TV will feature the return of the iconic television figure to America's living rooms from coast-to-coast. The day's Howdy Doody marathon will mark the first time these episodes aired on television in more than 50 years, since NBC aired the final episode on September 24, 1960. The July 4th marathon will also include a new compilation special, Howdy Doody for President, comprising segments from earlier shows where Howdy's run for president in 1948 and 1952 were featured. As part of the original content produced for the special, Howdy has some choice remarks about our current presidential candidates and the tone of the 2016 election. Additional original content introduces each episode in the marathon. The campaign special and Howdy Doody marathon will begin at 9 AM and continue to 3 PM on Monday, July 4 (check local listings). Nine episodes are scheduled for the marathon.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.