Tuesday, April 26, 2016
After a marathon airing of George Lopez this past Saturday (April 23) on TV Land, the network will now air the series as a regular beginning next week. On Sunday, May 1, the popular 2002-2006 ABC sitcom is joining the TV Land line-up! The Sunday, May 1 debut will feature a debut block from 8-11pm. After that special stunt, it will air every night at 10pm & 10:30pm beginning Monday, May 2. Of course TV Land airs original episodes of George's new comedy Lopez every Wednesday night at 10pm. Now the 10pm hour every night is "all Lopez." It's 10pm, do you know where your Lopez's are? George Lopez will also continue to air on sister network Nick at Nite in the overnight every night from 3:18am-7am. That's a whole lotta Lopez! Sheeow!
Stand-up comedian George Lopez stars as George, a guy who has made lemonade from lemons at every turn. Since he became plant manager at an L.A. airplane parts factory, George has handled a complicated job, a strong but demanding marriage, two rebellious children, a mother who can't keep track of her own lies about his childhood and an adult niece with an enormous inheritance and absolutely no sense of boundaries -- all with his sense of humor intact. Constance Marie, Belita Moreno, Masiela Lusha, Luis Armand Garcia and Valente Rodriguez co-star.
Mom co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre, series star Allison Janney and recurring guest star Emily Osment will join governmental leaders at the White House Champions of Change event on Friday, April 29 to honor 10 individuals from across the country who are being recognized as "White House Champions of Change for Advancing Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery." During the event, the Mom team will participate in a panel discussion with Surgeon General Vivek Murthy about the portrayal of addiction and recovery in the media, including on the critically acclaimed CBS/Warner Bros. Television comedy (Thursdays 9/8c). Additionally, the event will feature remarks by White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett and Director of National Drug Control Policy Michael Botticelli. Since its debut in 2013, Mom has tackled subject matter rare for a broadcast series, including addiction, recovery, sobriety and, most recently, the overdose and death of Osment's character.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 16
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
Man with a Plan - "A Dinner Gone Wrong" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Andi and Marcy realize they were rivals in high school, Adam and Don are dragged into the feud and forced to take sides.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Stalking Dead" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline get their big break when they’re cast as zombie extras after they finally arrive at the movie set in Texas where Randy is working. Back at home, Han and Oleg try their hand at construction after they fire the contractor working on the dessert bar. Beth Littleford guest stars as Bonnie, the assistant director of the zombie movie.
The Odd Couple - "Batman vs. The Penguin" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Murph gets Oscar to agree to participate in a regular TV segment where he competes with a penguin at the zoo to predict the winners of hockey games. Also, Emily and Felix take their first steps to becoming just friends. Former professional hockey player Luc Robitaille guest stars as himself.
Monday, January 16
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Watch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Eugene Mirman (Bob's Burgers) - Eugene appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo chats on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Mario appears on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.