Tuesday, April 26, 2016
After a marathon airing of George Lopez this past Saturday (April 23) on TV Land, the network will now air the series as a regular beginning next week. On Sunday, May 1, the popular 2002-2006 ABC sitcom is joining the TV Land line-up! The Sunday, May 1 debut will feature a debut block from 8-11pm. After that special stunt, it will air every night at 10pm & 10:30pm beginning Monday, May 2. Of course TV Land airs original episodes of George's new comedy Lopez every Wednesday night at 10pm. Now the 10pm hour every night is "all Lopez." It's 10pm, do you know where your Lopez's are? George Lopez will also continue to air on sister network Nick at Nite in the overnight every night from 3:18am-7am. That's a whole lotta Lopez! Sheeow!
Stand-up comedian George Lopez stars as George, a guy who has made lemonade from lemons at every turn. Since he became plant manager at an L.A. airplane parts factory, George has handled a complicated job, a strong but demanding marriage, two rebellious children, a mother who can't keep track of her own lies about his childhood and an adult niece with an enormous inheritance and absolutely no sense of boundaries -- all with his sense of humor intact. Constance Marie, Belita Moreno, Masiela Lusha, Luis Armand Garcia and Valente Rodriguez co-star.
Mom co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre, series star Allison Janney and recurring guest star Emily Osment will join governmental leaders at the White House Champions of Change event on Friday, April 29 to honor 10 individuals from across the country who are being recognized as "White House Champions of Change for Advancing Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery." During the event, the Mom team will participate in a panel discussion with Surgeon General Vivek Murthy about the portrayal of addiction and recovery in the media, including on the critically acclaimed CBS/Warner Bros. Television comedy (Thursdays 9/8c). Additionally, the event will feature remarks by White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett and Director of National Drug Control Policy Michael Botticelli. Since its debut in 2013, Mom has tackled subject matter rare for a broadcast series, including addiction, recovery, sobriety and, most recently, the overdose and death of Osment's character.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.