Tuesday, February 09, 2016
Effective immediately CBS has pulled single-camera comedy Angel from Hell from its Thursday night lineup. A rerun of The Big Bang Theory will air this Thursday (Feb. 11) at 9:30pm. The Jane Lynch/Maggie Lawson comedy has struggled in the ratings. Starting Thursday, Feb. 18, 2 Broke Girls will move back to Thursdays at 9:30pm after its short Wednesday run in between seasons of Survivor. No word yet when fellow Wednesday comedy mate Mike & Molly will return, as only 6 of its 13 episodes were planned to air on Wednesdays. As for Angel from Hell, only 5 episodes of its 13 episode order have aired and no word if CBS will burn them off anywhere at some point (perhaps online at cbs.com or Saturday nights?). Angel from Hell is a single-camera comedy about Amy (Jane Lynch), a colorful, brassy woman who insinuates herself into the life of an organized and seemingly perfect young woman, Allison (Maggie Lawson), claiming to be her "guardian angel."
COZI TV said it has expanded its relationship with network spokesperson, Antonio Fargas, naming him the official "voice" of COZI TV. In his new role, Fargas will be the voice of all COZI TV promotional materials, starting with a Valentine's Day weekend Hart to Hart movie marathon set for Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14 at noon. Fargas will make his debut as the voice of COZI TV on Valentine’s Day weekend, with the two-day Hart to Hart marathon that features seven, 90-minute made-for-TV movies that aired in the 1990s, nearly a decade after the popular television series ended. The movies reunited stars Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers, who played Jonathan and Jennifer Hart, a wealthy couple that led a jet-set lifestyle while working as amateur detectives solving crimes. Hart to Hart airs weekdays at 2 PM and Monday nights at 8 and 9 PM ET on COZI TV.
Since the 1960s, Fargas has captured the attention of audiences with his performances on stage, television and film. A versatile actor, he is perhaps most well-known for the iconic role of "Huggy Bear" on the buddy cop series Starsky and Hutch, which airs on COZI TV Sundays at 11 AM and noon. Huggy Bear was a bar owner and streetwise police informant who directed tips to police officers David Starsky and Kenneth "Hutch" Hutchison. Although the role of Huggy Bear was not initially scripted as a regular character, the producers of Starsky and Hutch noticed the chemistry that quickly evolved among Fargas and stars Paul Michael Glaser, who played Starsky, and David Soul, who was Hutch. Fargas ended up remaining with the cast through the entire run of Starsky and Hutch.
After Starsky and Hutch ended its run in 1979, Fargas actively continued his stage, film and television career. With notable roles in significant films such as Foxy Brown, Don't be a Menace and Car Wash, as well as guest appearances on series like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Martin, Living Single and The Steve Harvey Show, Fargas has remained a consistent figure in popular culture for newer generations.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.