Tuesday, February 09, 2016
Effective immediately CBS has pulled single-camera comedy Angel from Hell from its Thursday night lineup. A rerun of The Big Bang Theory will air this Thursday (Feb. 11) at 9:30pm. The Jane Lynch/Maggie Lawson comedy has struggled in the ratings. Starting Thursday, Feb. 18, 2 Broke Girls will move back to Thursdays at 9:30pm after its short Wednesday run in between seasons of Survivor. No word yet when fellow Wednesday comedy mate Mike & Molly will return, as only 6 of its 13 episodes were planned to air on Wednesdays. As for Angel from Hell, only 5 episodes of its 13 episode order have aired and no word if CBS will burn them off anywhere at some point (perhaps online at cbs.com or Saturday nights?). Angel from Hell is a single-camera comedy about Amy (Jane Lynch), a colorful, brassy woman who insinuates herself into the life of an organized and seemingly perfect young woman, Allison (Maggie Lawson), claiming to be her "guardian angel."
COZI TV said it has expanded its relationship with network spokesperson, Antonio Fargas, naming him the official "voice" of COZI TV. In his new role, Fargas will be the voice of all COZI TV promotional materials, starting with a Valentine's Day weekend Hart to Hart movie marathon set for Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14 at noon. Fargas will make his debut as the voice of COZI TV on Valentine’s Day weekend, with the two-day Hart to Hart marathon that features seven, 90-minute made-for-TV movies that aired in the 1990s, nearly a decade after the popular television series ended. The movies reunited stars Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers, who played Jonathan and Jennifer Hart, a wealthy couple that led a jet-set lifestyle while working as amateur detectives solving crimes. Hart to Hart airs weekdays at 2 PM and Monday nights at 8 and 9 PM ET on COZI TV.
Since the 1960s, Fargas has captured the attention of audiences with his performances on stage, television and film. A versatile actor, he is perhaps most well-known for the iconic role of "Huggy Bear" on the buddy cop series Starsky and Hutch, which airs on COZI TV Sundays at 11 AM and noon. Huggy Bear was a bar owner and streetwise police informant who directed tips to police officers David Starsky and Kenneth "Hutch" Hutchison. Although the role of Huggy Bear was not initially scripted as a regular character, the producers of Starsky and Hutch noticed the chemistry that quickly evolved among Fargas and stars Paul Michael Glaser, who played Starsky, and David Soul, who was Hutch. Fargas ended up remaining with the cast through the entire run of Starsky and Hutch.
After Starsky and Hutch ended its run in 1979, Fargas actively continued his stage, film and television career. With notable roles in significant films such as Foxy Brown, Don't be a Menace and Car Wash, as well as guest appearances on series like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Martin, Living Single and The Steve Harvey Show, Fargas has remained a consistent figure in popular culture for newer generations.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, September 25
Family Guy - "A Lot Going on Upstairs" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie refuses to sleep in his own bed because of nightmares, Peter can’t stand it, so he goes to sleep in the attic. Peter turns the attic into a man cave and all of the guys begin hanging out there, which makes Lois incredibly angry. Meanwhile, Brian helps Stewie overcome his fears by building a device to go into his nightmares and defeat his demons.
Bob's Burgers - "Flu-oise" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When the youngest Belcher comes down with an epic case of the flu, Linda has a mishap as she tries to deliver Louise’s favorite toy to her daughter’s bedside. After Louise vows that she will never forgive her family for their mistake, she falls into a wild fever dream filled with familiar faces, zany musical numbers and a crazy adventure.
The Simpsons - "Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Springfield is burned to the ground, the Simpsons beg Mr. Burns to fund its rebuilding. Burns agrees – with one condition: he gets to put on a variety show at the Springfield Bowl.
Son of Zorn - "Defender of Teen Love" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After embarrassing Alan in front of his crush, Nancy, Zorn uses the Stone of Sight to spy on the girl for his son. Meanwhile, Edie is determined to move on and forces Zorn to finally move his old boxes out of her garage and into his own apartment.
Family Guy - "The Boy in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
The Last Man on Earth - "General Breast Theme with Cobras" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The safety of Tandy and the group is in jeopardy as armed intruders storm the Malibu beach near their home, and no one can agree on what to do. While Melissa takes drastic action, Tandy gets a new lesson in fashion.
K.C. Undercover - "In Too Deep 2" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Volunteens give K.C. an assignment that pits her against Craig and his job of protecting the ambassador.
Bizaardvark - "Pretty-Con" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The annual beauty convention Pretty-Con comes to Vuuugle and Amelia obsesses with beating out a beauty guru for the Golden Powder Puff Award; Paige and Frankie agree to help so they can meet the host and debut their music video.
Sunday, September 25
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.