Tuesday, December 22, 2015
COZI TV announced the addition of The A-Team, the popular 1980s action-adventure series starring Mr. T and George Peppard, to its lineup of iconic programming starting New Year's Day. The A-Team kicks off on COZI TV with a day-long marathon on January 1 beginning at 6AM; the series will then air every night – both during the week and on weekends – at 10PM, with the exception of Friday nights. The hit show, which aired on NBC from 1983 to 1987, featured a former commando unit turned mercenaries. The team was framed for robbing the Bank of Hanoi and sent to a U.S. military prison, which they escaped from and led a life on the run. While underground, they became heroes for hire around the world, working as good-guy vigilantes. Each member of The A-Team served a key role: Hannibal, played by Peppard, was the team's leader and a connoisseur of disguises; his teammate, Face, played by Dirk Benedict, was known for being quite the ladies' man and a con-artist; Mr. T's B.A. or Bad Attitude was their strong man and mechanic who assisted during moments of chaos; and Howling Mad Murdock played by Dwight Schultz was an expert pilot and a certified lunatic, who was the team broke out of a mental hospital when they needed him for a mission.
Here is a promo inviting viewers to tune into The A-Team: http://www.cozitv.com/video/The-A-Team-Arrive-this-January/cozitv/353023161.
Crackle, Sony's free streaming network, announced that President Barack Obama will be the first guest in the new season of Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with an earlier-than-expected premiere date. Season 7 will premiere on Wednesday, December 30 at 11:30PM ET on Crackle and comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com. Other Season 7 guests will be Will Ferrell, Steve Martin, Garry Shandling, Kathleen Madigan and Sebastian Maniscalco. The episode featuring President Obama was shot at the White House earlier this month, and features both the President and Seinfeld driving a 1963 Corvette Stingray Split Window Coupe, and talking about life in the White House over coffee.
The seventh season of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee will be comprised of six episodes, with a new episode streaming every Wednesday night at 11:30PM ET. Sponsored by Acura, the series is executive produced by Jerry Seinfeld and Embassy Row. Seasons one through six are currently streaming on Crackle. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is Crackle's flagship original, unscripted series and anchors the streaming network's evolving slate of original premium content, which includes its first original scripted one-hour drama The Art of More with Dennis Quaid, Kate Bosworth, Cary Elwes and Christian Cooke; the stop-motion animated comedy series SuperMansion, with Bryan Cranston, Seth Green, Keegan Michael-Key and Jillian Bell and Crackle's weekly live game show series Sports Jeopardy! with Emmy(R) award-winning sportscaster Dan Patrick. Crackle original movies include Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser, the first ever digital sequel to a major motion picture, starring David Spade and Charlotte McKinney, and Dead Rising: Watchtower starring Jesse Metcalfe, Virginia Madsen, Dennis Haysbert and Rob Riggle.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.