Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Fox Gives Full Season Order to The Grinder, While CBS Gives One to Life in Pieces; Upcoming CBS Sitcom Star to Host People's Choice Awards
Fox has ordered a full season of 22 episodes of new comedy The Grinder. Season to date, The Grinder has delivered year-over-year gains, lifting Fox's average in the time period by +70% among Adults 18-49 versus last fall. In the next all-new episode of The Grinder, "A Bittersweet Grind (Une Mouture Amer)," airing Tuesday, Nov. 3 at 8:30PM ET/PT (if no World Series Game 6), just as Dean (Rob Lowe) prepares to give up on what he thinks is a hopeless search for love, he is reunited with Gail (guest star Christina Applegate), an old flame who restores his belief in romance. Meanwhile, Deb (Mary Elizabeth Ellis) encourages Stewart (Fred Savage) to change his strict ways and let Lizzie (Hana Hayes) have a supervised date with Joel Zadak (guest star Johnowen Lowe).
Meanwhile, CBS has given a full-season, 22 episode order to Life In Pieces. The new comedy is averaging 10.26 million and 3.5/9 Adult 25-54 rating/share. In its most recent broadcast on Oct. 19, Life In Pieces delivered its highest live plus same day adult 18-49 rating since its series premiere. On Nov. 5, Life In Pieces moves to it new regular time period on Thursdays at 8:30PM, ET/PT as part the Network's launch of entertainment programming on the night. The comedy will continue to follow #1 rated comedy The Big Bang Theory. Dianne Wiest, James Brolin, Zoe Lister-Jones, Colin Hanks, Angelique Cabral, Thomas Sadoski, Betsy Brandt, Dan Bakkedahl, Niall Cunningham, Holly J. Barrett and Giselle Eisenberg star.
CBS and People's Choice Awards announced that multiple award-winning actress Jane Lynch will host People's Choice Awards 2016, live from the Microsoft Theater, Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016 from 9:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT on the CBS Television Network. Lynch stars in the upcoming CBS comedy Angel From Hell, scheduled to premiere in February 2016. Lynch is a four-time People's Choice Award nominee and won for Favorite TV Comedy Actress in 2011 for Glee. The final nominees across 65 categories for People's Choice Awards 2016 will be announced at the annual Nominations Announcement Press Conference on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015 at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. As for Lynch's upcoming new comedy, Angel From Hell, it is a new comedy about Amy (Lynch), a colorful, brassy woman who insinuates herself into the life of an organized and seemingly perfect young woman, Allison (Maggie Lawson), claiming to be her "guardian angel."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.