Thursday, February 12, 2015
This Valentine's Day, as lovebirds swoon over each other in amorous bliss, TBS is going to be commiserating with lonely hearts everywhere by exposing the true horrors of this thing called love. TBS's "Un-Valentine's Day Marathon" is going to pull back the curtain on dating mishaps and relationship pitfalls with seven hours of episodes from The Big Bang Theory, Friends and Seinfeld. The hilarious misery is set to air Saturday, Feb. 14, from 4pm to 11pm(ET/PT). At the center of TBS's Un-Valentine's Day Marathon is a three-hour primetime collection of The Big Bang Theory episodes, including five that have never before been shown on TBS. In addition to the on-air marathon, TBS is encouraging fans - especially those watching alone - to post their own dating horrors online using the hashtag #UnValentinesDay. TBS's Un-Valentine's Day Marathon will kick off at 4pm with two hours of Friends, including the first-ever appearance of Chandler's ever-annoying girlfriend, Janice (Maggie Wheeler); a night of disastrous blind dates; and a two-part tale about a series of dating misadventures for Rachel, Ross, Chandler and Joey. Guest stars include Julia Roberts, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Brooke Shields, Chris Isaak and Jon Lovitz.
At 6 p.m., Seinfeld takes over with four of Jerry's unforgettable girlfriends, including one with "man hands," one who wears the same dress every day, one who might have breast implants and one whose name Jerry can't for the life of him remember. Teri Hatcher and Susan Walters are among the guest stars. The Un-Valentine's Day Marathon will climax in primetime with six episodes of The Big Bang Theory, including looks at the relationship struggles between Penny & Leonard, Amy & Sheldon and Howard & Bernadette. The collection includes two Valentine's Day episode, as well as the latest appearance by Bob Newhart in his Emmy(R)-winning role as Professor Proton, Sheldon's TV idol.
Jon Stewart is stepping down as the host of Comedy Central's The Daily Show sometime this year. No word yet when exactly Jon will be stepping down, but he has been the host since 1999. Also, there is no word on who will replace him, if anyone. He announced on Tuesday's show: "I'm not gonna try to sum up what this place has meant to me over the years... I've got plenty of time. I'm not going anywhere tomorrow. But this show doesn't deserve an even slightly restless host, and neither do you." Comedy Central released this statement:
For the better part of the last two decades, we have had the incredible honor and privilege of working with Jon Stewart. His comedic brilliance is second to none. Jon has been at the heart of Comedy Central, championing and nurturing the best talent in the industry, in front of and behind the camera. Through his unique voice and vision, The Daily Show has become a cultural touchstone for millions of fans and an unparalleled platform for political comedy that will endure for years to come. Jon will remain at the helm of The Daily Show until later this year. He is a comic genius, generous with his time and talent, and will always be a part of the Comedy Central family.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.