Thursday, February 19, 2015
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da! On Monday, February 23, 2015, Hallmark Channel's daytime series Home & Family hosts a special Life Goes On reunion with Chris Burke (Corky Thacher), Patti LuPone (Libby Thacher) and Kellie Martin (Becca Thacher). The iconic drama series ran on ABC from 1989 to 1993 and featured the Thacher family and their son Corky who has Down Syndrome. This special cast reunion continues Home & Family recent run of reunion episodes paying tribute to some of TV's greatest series including Dynasty, Knots Landing, The Love Boat and of course Happy Days. And Home & Family airs each weekday on Hallmark Channel at 10 am ET/PT. One other tidbit from this airing, filling in for vacationing Cristina Ferrare will be Brooke Burns (GSN's The Chase). The reunion will tape on Friday, February 20 at the Universal lot in Burbank.
TV stars are coming to TV One in an anthology series. Robin Givens, Columbus Short and Lynn Whitfield headline TV One's next installment of its horror anthology, Fear Files (formerly Fright Night Files) with three new terrifying tales of love, revenge and murder on Friday, March 13 at 8PM/ET. The new trilogy picks up where the first airing left off by revisiting "For The Love of Lockwood" with its sequel "For The Love Of Lockwood Too," and introducing two new stories, "Mama's Boy" and "Fire." Shot on location in Atlanta, Fear Files represents the second project executive produced by Radio One Founder and Chairperson, Cathy Hughes and Executive Vice President of Special Projects, Susan Banks. The duo once again joined forces with award-winning writer, director and producer Russ Parr of Up To Parr Productions. Fear Files' stellar ensemble includes: Robin Givens (Head of the Class), Columbus Short (Scandal), Nadine Ellis (Let's Stay Together), Eva Marcille (The Young and The Restless), Lynn Whitfield (How to Get Away with Murder), Clifton Powell (Ray), Sean Blakemore (General Hospital), Erica Hubbard (Let's Stay Together), Mel Jackson (Soul Food) and Mishon Ratliff (Lincoln Heights). Full descriptions on all 3 follows:
For The Love of Lockwood Too
Lockwood Masters (Sean Blakemore) is back and has another victim in his sights, the beautiful Bianca Wayne (Nadine Ellis). After a love potion overdose from Madam Mabry (Lynn Whitfield), Lockwood cannot help but devour the women he falls in love with. When Lockwood's first wife and victim Marla Peters (Eva Marcille) makes a ghostly appearance, Lockwood is trapped between delusions and reality. Meanwhile, Bianca is battling her heart’s desire to fall for this charming man and, much like Marla, she too questions how far she’d go for the love of Lockwood.
Elaine Channing (Robin Givens) is a loving mother with a terrifying secret. All of the men she becomes involved with are met with a tragic end. Desperately, she fears her son is murdering her lovers. In a bizarre twist, Elaine must decide how far she will go to protect her son.
When City Councilman Harvey Jordan (Columbus Short) unveils a plan to build a football stadium in a low income neighborhood, friction erupts within the community. After a lethal fire removes the last resident blocking his project, many begin to question if this death was in fact an accident, or has the Councilman’s ambition led to murder. The truth begins to haunt him as a determined reporter, Kelisia Waters (Erica Hubbard) will stop at nothing to get answers she desires.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.