Thursday, February 19, 2015
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da! On Monday, February 23, 2015, Hallmark Channel's daytime series Home & Family hosts a special Life Goes On reunion with Chris Burke (Corky Thacher), Patti LuPone (Libby Thacher) and Kellie Martin (Becca Thacher). The iconic drama series ran on ABC from 1989 to 1993 and featured the Thacher family and their son Corky who has Down Syndrome. This special cast reunion continues Home & Family recent run of reunion episodes paying tribute to some of TV's greatest series including Dynasty, Knots Landing, The Love Boat and of course Happy Days. And Home & Family airs each weekday on Hallmark Channel at 10 am ET/PT. One other tidbit from this airing, filling in for vacationing Cristina Ferrare will be Brooke Burns (GSN's The Chase). The reunion will tape on Friday, February 20 at the Universal lot in Burbank.
TV stars are coming to TV One in an anthology series. Robin Givens, Columbus Short and Lynn Whitfield headline TV One's next installment of its horror anthology, Fear Files (formerly Fright Night Files) with three new terrifying tales of love, revenge and murder on Friday, March 13 at 8PM/ET. The new trilogy picks up where the first airing left off by revisiting "For The Love of Lockwood" with its sequel "For The Love Of Lockwood Too," and introducing two new stories, "Mama's Boy" and "Fire." Shot on location in Atlanta, Fear Files represents the second project executive produced by Radio One Founder and Chairperson, Cathy Hughes and Executive Vice President of Special Projects, Susan Banks. The duo once again joined forces with award-winning writer, director and producer Russ Parr of Up To Parr Productions. Fear Files' stellar ensemble includes: Robin Givens (Head of the Class), Columbus Short (Scandal), Nadine Ellis (Let's Stay Together), Eva Marcille (The Young and The Restless), Lynn Whitfield (How to Get Away with Murder), Clifton Powell (Ray), Sean Blakemore (General Hospital), Erica Hubbard (Let's Stay Together), Mel Jackson (Soul Food) and Mishon Ratliff (Lincoln Heights). Full descriptions on all 3 follows:
For The Love of Lockwood Too
Lockwood Masters (Sean Blakemore) is back and has another victim in his sights, the beautiful Bianca Wayne (Nadine Ellis). After a love potion overdose from Madam Mabry (Lynn Whitfield), Lockwood cannot help but devour the women he falls in love with. When Lockwood's first wife and victim Marla Peters (Eva Marcille) makes a ghostly appearance, Lockwood is trapped between delusions and reality. Meanwhile, Bianca is battling her heart’s desire to fall for this charming man and, much like Marla, she too questions how far she’d go for the love of Lockwood.
Elaine Channing (Robin Givens) is a loving mother with a terrifying secret. All of the men she becomes involved with are met with a tragic end. Desperately, she fears her son is murdering her lovers. In a bizarre twist, Elaine must decide how far she will go to protect her son.
When City Councilman Harvey Jordan (Columbus Short) unveils a plan to build a football stadium in a low income neighborhood, friction erupts within the community. After a lethal fire removes the last resident blocking his project, many begin to question if this death was in fact an accident, or has the Councilman’s ambition led to murder. The truth begins to haunt him as a determined reporter, Kelisia Waters (Erica Hubbard) will stop at nothing to get answers she desires.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.