Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Who's the Boss? is moving to Logo starting Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014. Viacom is moving the Tony Danza/Judith Light/Alyssa Milano sitcom from TV Land to Logo. TV Land was recently airing the series, but lately it was airing in the very early morning and now it is off the line-up. Logo will air the series in its trademark stack programming. There will be no set schedule, but you can catch the series everyday in a stack, so keep checking your listings for exact times and days. Who's the Boss? will start on Dec. 11 from 10am-2pm. Other sitcoms that are currently airing in stacks on Logo are Roseanne, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Living Single, The Golden Girls, Will & Grace and Designing Women. It looks like Apartment 23 and Happy Endings are currently not on the schedule, but could return soon. Who's the Boss? will get some longer stacks as well, such as on Sunday. Dec 21 from 10am-8pm. Stay with us for continued updates on Who's the Boss? and all things Logo TV.
In the first TV event of the new year, NBC is giving its landmark comedy Parks and Recreation a sendoff that will maximize the show's cultural impact. The seventh and final season of this critically-acclaimed and beloved series will begin Tuesday, Jan. 13 with back-to-back episodes from 8-9pm ET/PT and continue with back-to-back episodes each week until the hour-long series finale on Tuesday, Feb. 24 following The Voice at a special time from 10-11pm ET/PT. The return of the series, in fact, will be scheduled to premiere in the afterglow of the Jan. 11 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, co-hosted by Parks star Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. The first night of The Voice season premiere will be Monday, February 23 from 8:00-10:00pm ET/PT, and it will remain in that time period on Mondays through May 18. The Tuesday installment will remain in a two-hour format through March 10. Then on March 17, it will begin airing from 8:00-9:00pm ET/PT where it will remain through May 19. No word yet what will air at 9pm on Tuesdays beginning March 17. Marry Me will air at 9pm through Feb. 17 following the Parks and Recreation hour.
Starring Golden Globe winner Amy Poehler as a mid-level bureaucrat in the Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee, Ind., Parks and Recreation has been Emmy Award nominated and is a winner of the Television Critics Assn. Award for best comedy, AFI Award, American Comedy Award and the highly prestigious Peabody Award. The series also stars Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Adam Scott, Jim O'Heir and Retta.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.