Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Who's the Boss? is moving to Logo starting Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014. Viacom is moving the Tony Danza/Judith Light/Alyssa Milano sitcom from TV Land to Logo. TV Land was recently airing the series, but lately it was airing in the very early morning and now it is off the line-up. Logo will air the series in its trademark stack programming. There will be no set schedule, but you can catch the series everyday in a stack, so keep checking your listings for exact times and days. Who's the Boss? will start on Dec. 11 from 10am-2pm. Other sitcoms that are currently airing in stacks on Logo are Roseanne, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Living Single, The Golden Girls, Will & Grace and Designing Women. It looks like Apartment 23 and Happy Endings are currently not on the schedule, but could return soon. Who's the Boss? will get some longer stacks as well, such as on Sunday. Dec 21 from 10am-8pm. Stay with us for continued updates on Who's the Boss? and all things Logo TV.
In the first TV event of the new year, NBC is giving its landmark comedy Parks and Recreation a sendoff that will maximize the show's cultural impact. The seventh and final season of this critically-acclaimed and beloved series will begin Tuesday, Jan. 13 with back-to-back episodes from 8-9pm ET/PT and continue with back-to-back episodes each week until the hour-long series finale on Tuesday, Feb. 24 following The Voice at a special time from 10-11pm ET/PT. The return of the series, in fact, will be scheduled to premiere in the afterglow of the Jan. 11 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, co-hosted by Parks star Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. The first night of The Voice season premiere will be Monday, February 23 from 8:00-10:00pm ET/PT, and it will remain in that time period on Mondays through May 18. The Tuesday installment will remain in a two-hour format through March 10. Then on March 17, it will begin airing from 8:00-9:00pm ET/PT where it will remain through May 19. No word yet what will air at 9pm on Tuesdays beginning March 17. Marry Me will air at 9pm through Feb. 17 following the Parks and Recreation hour.
Starring Golden Globe winner Amy Poehler as a mid-level bureaucrat in the Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee, Ind., Parks and Recreation has been Emmy Award nominated and is a winner of the Television Critics Assn. Award for best comedy, AFI Award, American Comedy Award and the highly prestigious Peabody Award. The series also stars Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Adam Scott, Jim O'Heir and Retta.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 16
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
Man with a Plan - "A Dinner Gone Wrong" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Andi and Marcy realize they were rivals in high school, Adam and Don are dragged into the feud and forced to take sides.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Stalking Dead" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline get their big break when they’re cast as zombie extras after they finally arrive at the movie set in Texas where Randy is working. Back at home, Han and Oleg try their hand at construction after they fire the contractor working on the dessert bar. Beth Littleford guest stars as Bonnie, the assistant director of the zombie movie.
The Odd Couple - "Batman vs. The Penguin" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Murph gets Oscar to agree to participate in a regular TV segment where he competes with a penguin at the zoo to predict the winners of hockey games. Also, Emily and Felix take their first steps to becoming just friends. Former professional hockey player Luc Robitaille guest stars as himself.
Monday, January 16
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Watch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Eugene Mirman (Bob's Burgers) - Eugene appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo chats on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Mario appears on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.