Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Get ready to see a pair of new faces on the Greendale campus next season. Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds) and Keith David (Enlisted) are joining the cast of Community, which returns for its sixth season next year exclusively on Yahoo! Screen. Brewster will play Francesca "Frankie" Dart, a consultant brought in to help whip the school into shape (good luck with that), while David plays retired scientist Elroy Patashnik. (It's not clear if Elroy is a student or a professor at Greendale... but that's a fine line, anyway.) Both Brewster and David boast serious sitcom cred. Along with her six seasons on Criminal Minds, Brewster played Joey's (and then Chandler's) girlfriend Kathy in a memorable Friends arc, and later guest starred on Two and a Half Men, King of the Hill, and Modern Family. David played tough guys for years in movies like Platoon and Armageddon before cracking us up as Command Sergeant Major Donald Cody on Fox's late, lamented military comedy Enlisted. (Weirdly, Brewster actually guest starred on Community last season, as IT department head Debra Chambers. Hmmm... will Abed notice that Frankie and Debra look just alike?)
Brewster and David should help fill the void left by a few departing Community cast members: Yvette Nicole Brown (Shirley) announced in September she'd be leaving the show to care for her ailing father, and last season saw the exit of Donald Glover (Troy). Plus, co-stars Jonathan Banks (Buzz) and John Oliver (Professor Duncan) aren't expected back, since they're busy working on Better Get Saul and Last Week Tonight, respectively. But never fear, fans: Main cast members Joel McHale (Jeff), Gillian Jacobs (Britta), Danny Pudi (Abed), Alison Brie (Annie), Jim Rash (Dean Pelton), and Ken Jeong (Chang) are all back for another semester at Greendale. We have a little more information on Community Season 6 to share as well: Production gets underway November 17 (that's next week!), and the 13 new episodes will air in early 2015 on Yahoo. Are you excited yet, Human Beings?
That five o'clock shadow creeping across Sterling Archer's chiseled face is no new disguise or carefully considered grooming statement. The world's most cunning and dangerous spy is on a new mission and the stakes couldn't be higher. Sterling Archer, for the first time, is growing a moustache to promote men's health awareness during the annual Movember campaign to support the Movember Foundation. The title character in FX's hit comedy Archer says it's a natural move, as he is always trying to improve on his own health: "Like, this month I've cut out gummy bears from my scotch drinking." Now everyone can support Archer's quest. Donations to the Movember Foundation can be made through Archer's personal Movember Ambassador page. If you want to memorialize Sterling's mission, the FX Shop is offering an exclusive Archer "Movember" T-Shirt. Not only will your wardrobe get a dash of awesome, but all profits will be donated to the Movember Foundation.
To date, the Movember Foundation has raised over $559 million and funded over 800 programs in 21 countries by raising awareness about prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems. Some 4 million moustaches have been grown worldwide in response to the Foundation's challenge to grow a 'stache during Movember (formerly known as November).
Archer returns to FX in January 2015 for its sixth season. FX has ordered 13 episodes for both the sixth and a seventh seasons of the Emmy(R) and Annie Award nominated animated hit comedy series. Archer was created by Adam Reed and is executive produced by Reed and Matthew Thompson at Floyd County Productions. The series is produced by FX Productions. If you don't know by now, Archer is an animated, half-hour comedy that revolves around an international spy agency and the lives of its employees. Although their work of espionage, reconnaissance missions, wiretapping and undercover surveillance is daunting and dangerous, every covert operation and global crisis is actually just another excuse for the staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain. The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the highly skilled and incredibly vain master spy "Sterling Archer;" Aisha Tyler as Archer's fellow agent and ex-girlfriend, "Lana Kane;" Jessica Walter as Archer's domineering mother and spy agency director, "Malory Archer;" Chris Parnell as the easily intimidated comptroller-turned secret agent "Cyril Figgis;" Judy Greer as Malory's loquacious, dingbat secretary, "Cheryl;" Amber Nash as the discordant director of human resources, "Pam Poovey;" Adam Reed as the gay voice of reason, "Ray Gillette;" and Lucky Yates as the spy agency's possibly mad scientist/ possibly clone of himself, "Krieger."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.