Monday, September 08, 2014
Nick at Nite Fall 2014 Schedule Part 2, with Fresh Prince; TV Land Orders More Episodes of The Exes for Season 4
We already told you that How I Met Your Mother is launching on Nick at Nite this fall (beginning tonight), but now we have more on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. The classic Will Smith sitcom will launch on Monday, Sept. 29 and will air every night at 10:00pm & 10:30pm and in late night at approx. 2:36am and 3:12am (2 episodes). With this addition, the Full House block will go from 8-11pm (6 episodes) to 8-10pm (4 episodes), while Friends block goes from 1:24am-3:48am (4 episodes) to 1:24am-2:36am (2 episodes). George Lopez will remain from 3:48am-7am (6 episodes). How I Met Your Mother, which launches tonight, will air from 11pm-1:24am (4 episodes). The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will also join BET Networks (BET/Centric) this fall, but we will have more on that at a later date, as it will leave TBS and ABC Family.
The season premiere of original sitcom Instant Mom will be on Thursday, Oct. 2 at 8pm, as when Aaron's imaginary friend "Sanders" comes back, Stephanie (Tia Mowry) is worried that she is spending too much time working. After reading up on the subject, Stephanie makes sure Sanders feels welcomed, until he crosses the line. All-new episodes of See Dad Run will follow on Thursdays at 8:30pm starting Oct. 2, with the first one back about David (Scott Baio) inadvertently encourages Joe's favorite teacher to follow his dream of writing, but when David discovers he doesn't cut it as a "beat poetry" substitute, he must find a way to get the teacher back or risk disappointing Joe. Tune in for original action every Thursday this fall beginning at 8pm!
TV Land is picking up an additional 12 episodes of its hit original sitcom The Exes, starring Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Kristen Johnston. The episodes will be a part of the series' fourth season, currently in production and set to premiere on Wednesday, November 5 at 10:30pm ET/PT, immediately following the season six premiere of Hot in Cleveland. This season on The Exes, recurring guest star Leah Remini returns as Stuart's (Basche) sister Nicki, who has decided to stay in town much to Haskell's (Knight) delight. After consciously uncoupling last season, Phil (Faison) and Eden (Stables) go their separate ways – Phil back to his ladies' man habits, and Eden on to a new goal – going back to school. As for Holly (Johnston), she decides to work backwards in her love life; she has the date and location all set for her wedding, now she just needs the groom. In addition, we'll see Holly dress in drag to find out if Haskell's new love interest is actually a man pretending to be a woman.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.