Monday, August 25, 2014
Earlier this year Nick at Nite announced that How I Met Your Mother is among the new shows coming to its line-up. Well, now we have the full timeslot details! The series joins the schedule with a week-long marathon from Monday, Sept. 8 through Sunday, Sept. 14 from 11pm-6am each night. The ensemble comedy stars Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan. The series begins with Ted Mosby telling his kids how he met their mother. The marathon will go in chronological order. The series will then continue in that order in its regular timeslots beginning Monday, Sept. 15, airing seven days a week from 11pm-1am following Full House. As a result of this change, four episodes of Friends will move to approx. 1-3:30am, while George Lopez airs from approx. 3:30am-7am with six episodes in a row. This means That '70s Show (currently airing 3:30-4:30am) and Hangin' with Mr. Cooper (currently airing 6-7am) will be both off the Nick at Nite line-up. Back to HIMYM, currently the series airs on Lifetime, WGN America and FX/FXX. It will continue to air on FX/FXX this fall as we mentioned, but we will reveal if Lifetime & WGN will still carry it soon.
Keep it right here for continued Nick at Nite and HIMYM updates. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is coming to Viacom networks (Nick at Nite, BET/Centric) this fall as we know, but official details will follow. Stay tuned.
Woot, woot! The brilliant, iconic, ground-breaking, beloved series that is The Simpsons opened spectacularly on FXX on Thursday (Aug. 21). Sit back, take a load off, grab a donut why don't you, and bask in a bevy of superlatives. In every daypart, The Simpsons led FXX to its most-watched day ever. Compared to FXX's daypart average to date (9/2/13 - 8/20/14), The Simpsons bettered FXX primetime (8-11PM) by +391% in Total Viewers (1.01 million vs. 206,000) and +461% in P18-49 (623,000 vs. 111,000) ... daytime (10A-3P) by +652% in Total Viewers (376,000 vs. 50,000) and P18-49 by +770% (235,000 vs. 27,000) ... early fringe (3-6P) by +515% in Total Viewers (572,000 vs. 93,000) and +626% in P18-49 (385,000 vs. 53,000) ... access (6-8P) by +492% in Total Viewers (876,000 vs. 148,000) and +610% in P18-49 (575,000 vs. 81,000) ... and late night (11P-3A) by +331% in Total Viewers (556 vs. 129) and +389% in P18-49 (372,000 vs. 76,000).
All in: this aggregates to The Simpsons' premiere day of the 12-day marathon bettering FXX's prior Total Day average by +524% in Total Viewers (624,000 vs. 100,000) and +618% in P18-49 (402,000 vs. 56,000). Of Thursday's 34 telecasts of The Simpsons (ratings for post 3:00A telecasts are not available till late today): In Total Viewers: 18 rank among FXX's Top 30 telecasts of all time. What's more, FXX's Top 10 telecasts ever in Total Viewers all consist of Thursday's episodes of The Simpsons: The Simpsons' most-watched telecast yesterday (1.23 million) @ 8:30P ("Itchy & Scratchy & Marge"). In P18-49: Thursday's The Simpsons telecasts repped 17 of the Top 30 FXX telecasts of all time and 8 of the Top 10, including the top two. It's a great start for this historic marathon and more of the same probably happened Friday-Sunday and will continue to happen through the end of the marathon on Sept. 1.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.