Monday, August 25, 2014
Earlier this year Nick at Nite announced that How I Met Your Mother is among the new shows coming to its line-up. Well, now we have the full timeslot details! The series joins the schedule with a week-long marathon from Monday, Sept. 8 through Sunday, Sept. 14 from 11pm-6am each night. The ensemble comedy stars Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan. The series begins with Ted Mosby telling his kids how he met their mother. The marathon will go in chronological order. The series will then continue in that order in its regular timeslots beginning Monday, Sept. 15, airing seven days a week from 11pm-1am following Full House. As a result of this change, four episodes of Friends will move to approx. 1-3:30am, while George Lopez airs from approx. 3:30am-7am with six episodes in a row. This means That '70s Show (currently airing 3:30-4:30am) and Hangin' with Mr. Cooper (currently airing 6-7am) will be both off the Nick at Nite line-up. Back to HIMYM, currently the series airs on Lifetime, WGN America and FX/FXX. It will continue to air on FX/FXX this fall as we mentioned, but we will reveal if Lifetime & WGN will still carry it soon.
Keep it right here for continued Nick at Nite and HIMYM updates. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is coming to Viacom networks (Nick at Nite, BET/Centric) this fall as we know, but official details will follow. Stay tuned.
Woot, woot! The brilliant, iconic, ground-breaking, beloved series that is The Simpsons opened spectacularly on FXX on Thursday (Aug. 21). Sit back, take a load off, grab a donut why don't you, and bask in a bevy of superlatives. In every daypart, The Simpsons led FXX to its most-watched day ever. Compared to FXX's daypart average to date (9/2/13 - 8/20/14), The Simpsons bettered FXX primetime (8-11PM) by +391% in Total Viewers (1.01 million vs. 206,000) and +461% in P18-49 (623,000 vs. 111,000) ... daytime (10A-3P) by +652% in Total Viewers (376,000 vs. 50,000) and P18-49 by +770% (235,000 vs. 27,000) ... early fringe (3-6P) by +515% in Total Viewers (572,000 vs. 93,000) and +626% in P18-49 (385,000 vs. 53,000) ... access (6-8P) by +492% in Total Viewers (876,000 vs. 148,000) and +610% in P18-49 (575,000 vs. 81,000) ... and late night (11P-3A) by +331% in Total Viewers (556 vs. 129) and +389% in P18-49 (372,000 vs. 76,000).
All in: this aggregates to The Simpsons' premiere day of the 12-day marathon bettering FXX's prior Total Day average by +524% in Total Viewers (624,000 vs. 100,000) and +618% in P18-49 (402,000 vs. 56,000). Of Thursday's 34 telecasts of The Simpsons (ratings for post 3:00A telecasts are not available till late today): In Total Viewers: 18 rank among FXX's Top 30 telecasts of all time. What's more, FXX's Top 10 telecasts ever in Total Viewers all consist of Thursday's episodes of The Simpsons: The Simpsons' most-watched telecast yesterday (1.23 million) @ 8:30P ("Itchy & Scratchy & Marge"). In P18-49: Thursday's The Simpsons telecasts repped 17 of the Top 30 FXX telecasts of all time and 8 of the Top 10, including the top two. It's a great start for this historic marathon and more of the same probably happened Friday-Sunday and will continue to happen through the end of the marathon on Sept. 1.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.