Monday, July 28, 2014
As we announced a few years ago, reruns of Mike & Molly are coming to FX in Fall 2014! Now we have some additional details! The series will begin with a Labor Day marathon on Monday, September 1, 2014 from 12 noon to 9pm ET leading into the one-hour season finale of Partners, starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence at 9. Back to Mike & Molly, the Melissa McCarthy sitcom will join the regular schedule a few weeks later beginning Tuesday, Sept. 23. Like, Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother, it will air in stacks in late afternoons, primetime and late night. No set times or anything, but in the first week look for it to air 5:30pm-7:30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, 6-10pm on Thursday and 11pm-2am on Saturday night. Mike & Molly will also premiere in local broadcast syndication this fall beginning Sept. 22. No other additions or changes are being made to FX in September, so you can still expect to see Men, Mother and FX's other series: Anger Management, Ellen and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And don't forget sister network FXX will launch The Simpsons with the longest TV marathon ever! More to come on that soon, like its normal timeslots.
Jerry Seinfeld has announced the release of a new series of vignettes tied to his two-time Emmy®-nominated Crackle series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee titled Single Shots. Inspired by a small cup of espresso, Single Shots are two minute-long vignettes with Seinfeld and past Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee-featured guests discussing one specific topic. The first episode, which premiered last week, is titled "Donuts" and includes scenes of various comedians including Tina Fey, Sarah Silverman and Brian Regan talking to Jerry about the popular fried dough confections. The episodes from Single Shots include both previously aired footage from Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee as well as additional, never-before-seen footage. Since its debut in July 2012, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee has delivered more than 55 million streams, garnered rave reviews, and earned Jerry Seinfeld two consecutive Primetime Emmy® nominations in the Outstanding Special Class - Short-Format Nonfiction Programs category as well as two recent 2014 Webby Awards for Best Individual Performance (both the Webby and the People's Voice Award). Additional accolades include a Silver Telly Award in 2014 in Comedy, and two Bronze Telly Awards in 2014 for Branded Content with Acura and Use of Humor; a 2014 Webby Media and Entertainment Honoree and Branded Content Honoree for Interactive Advertising and Media; and a special Webby Award in 2013 for Outstanding Comedic Performance.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, September 25
Family Guy - "A Lot Going on Upstairs" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie refuses to sleep in his own bed because of nightmares, Peter can’t stand it, so he goes to sleep in the attic. Peter turns the attic into a man cave and all of the guys begin hanging out there, which makes Lois incredibly angry. Meanwhile, Brian helps Stewie overcome his fears by building a device to go into his nightmares and defeat his demons.
Bob's Burgers - "Flu-oise" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When the youngest Belcher comes down with an epic case of the flu, Linda has a mishap as she tries to deliver Louise’s favorite toy to her daughter’s bedside. After Louise vows that she will never forgive her family for their mistake, she falls into a wild fever dream filled with familiar faces, zany musical numbers and a crazy adventure.
The Simpsons - "Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Springfield is burned to the ground, the Simpsons beg Mr. Burns to fund its rebuilding. Burns agrees – with one condition: he gets to put on a variety show at the Springfield Bowl.
Son of Zorn - "Defender of Teen Love" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After embarrassing Alan in front of his crush, Nancy, Zorn uses the Stone of Sight to spy on the girl for his son. Meanwhile, Edie is determined to move on and forces Zorn to finally move his old boxes out of her garage and into his own apartment.
Family Guy - "The Boy in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
The Last Man on Earth - "General Breast Theme with Cobras" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The safety of Tandy and the group is in jeopardy as armed intruders storm the Malibu beach near their home, and no one can agree on what to do. While Melissa takes drastic action, Tandy gets a new lesson in fashion.
K.C. Undercover - "In Too Deep 2" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Volunteens give K.C. an assignment that pits her against Craig and his job of protecting the ambassador.
Bizaardvark - "Pretty-Con" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The annual beauty convention Pretty-Con comes to Vuuugle and Amelia obsesses with beating out a beauty guru for the Golden Powder Puff Award; Paige and Frankie agree to help so they can meet the host and debut their music video.
Sunday, September 25
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.