Monday, July 28, 2014
As we announced a few years ago, reruns of Mike & Molly are coming to FX in Fall 2014! Now we have some additional details! The series will begin with a Labor Day marathon on Monday, September 1, 2014 from 12 noon to 9pm ET leading into the one-hour season finale of Partners, starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence at 9. Back to Mike & Molly, the Melissa McCarthy sitcom will join the regular schedule a few weeks later beginning Tuesday, Sept. 23. Like, Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother, it will air in stacks in late afternoons, primetime and late night. No set times or anything, but in the first week look for it to air 5:30pm-7:30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, 6-10pm on Thursday and 11pm-2am on Saturday night. Mike & Molly will also premiere in local broadcast syndication this fall beginning Sept. 22. No other additions or changes are being made to FX in September, so you can still expect to see Men, Mother and FX's other series: Anger Management, Ellen and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And don't forget sister network FXX will launch The Simpsons with the longest TV marathon ever! More to come on that soon, like its normal timeslots.
Jerry Seinfeld has announced the release of a new series of vignettes tied to his two-time Emmy®-nominated Crackle series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee titled Single Shots. Inspired by a small cup of espresso, Single Shots are two minute-long vignettes with Seinfeld and past Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee-featured guests discussing one specific topic. The first episode, which premiered last week, is titled "Donuts" and includes scenes of various comedians including Tina Fey, Sarah Silverman and Brian Regan talking to Jerry about the popular fried dough confections. The episodes from Single Shots include both previously aired footage from Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee as well as additional, never-before-seen footage. Since its debut in July 2012, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee has delivered more than 55 million streams, garnered rave reviews, and earned Jerry Seinfeld two consecutive Primetime Emmy® nominations in the Outstanding Special Class - Short-Format Nonfiction Programs category as well as two recent 2014 Webby Awards for Best Individual Performance (both the Webby and the People's Voice Award). Additional accolades include a Silver Telly Award in 2014 in Comedy, and two Bronze Telly Awards in 2014 for Branded Content with Acura and Use of Humor; a 2014 Webby Media and Entertainment Honoree and Branded Content Honoree for Interactive Advertising and Media; and a special Webby Award in 2013 for Outstanding Comedic Performance.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.