Monday, August 04, 2014
TBS will be airing a month's worth of episodes of the first season of the current CBS sitcom Mom. The series stars Anna Faris and Allison Janney and follows Christy Plunkett (Anna Faris), a single mother who, after dealing with her battle with alcoholism and drug abuse, decides to restart her life in Napa, California's wine country working as a waitress and attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. It just completed its 22-episode first season last season and you can now relive 20 episodes over a course of a month on TBS. Mom will air weekdays at 7:30pm for a limited time from Monday. Aug. 25 to Friday, Sept. 19. This will be of course just in time for the second season on CBS, which premieres Monday, Sept. 29. The Big Bang Theory will lead-in at 7pm for a month to give Mom a good lead-in. Not to worry Seinfeld fans, the 6-8pm block will return come Sept. 22, but from Aug. 25-Sept. 19, Seinfeld will air 6-7pm only.
As for the rest of the TBS line-up, we will let you know soon how the Fall will shape-up. There are no big acquisitions coming, but something will be replacing The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air starting Sept. 15 in daytime, as that series heads exclusively to BET/Centric this fall. Stay with us on that and the rest of TBS this fall!
Escape, the nation's first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for women, has acquired the rights to 538 episodes of three popular true crime series in three individual licensing agreements: Snapped (150 episodes) from NBCUniversal Television & New Media Distribution, U.S. & Canada; Unsolved Mysteries (175 episodes) hosted by Dennis Farina from Cosgrove/Meurer Productions; Forensic Files (213 episodes) from Trifecta Entertainment & Media. Escape will target women 25-54 with a mix of off-net series and theatrical motion pictures which will emphasize heroines and heroes that slip away from pursuit or peril. The network, set to launch later this summer, is part of Katz Broadcasting, a new company established by current Bounce TV founder/COO and former Turner Broadcasting executive Jonathan Katz, who serves as President and CEO. Escape's brother-network Grit will be the first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for men and will also launch later this summer. Escape and Grit are both currently cleared to be seen in 50% of the country, with more distribution to be announced shortly. The networks will be seen in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Cleveland, Houston, Miami, San Francisco and other major markets.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.