Thursday, August 14, 2014
Bravo's First Original Scripted Series Premieres in December; Encore Remembers Robin Williams with Films
Bravo Media and Universal Cable Productions (UCP) announce additional casting for its first scripted series Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce, along with a premiere date: Tuesday, December 2 at 10p.m. ET/PT on Bravo. Alanna Ubach (See Dad Run, Meet the Fockers) joins the cast as Jo, a blunt, brassy New Yorker and Abby's best friend from college who comes to LA to help Abby (Lisa Edelstein, House) through her divorce. In addition, Matthew Glave (Growing Up Fisher") and Virginia Williams (Fairly Legal) will recur as Gordon and Courtney Beech, a high-profile fashion couple currently going through a divorce handled by Delia (Necar Zadegan, Emily Owens, MD). Bravo's first original scripted series, Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce, follows Abby, a self-help book author and guru of all things family who shocks the world when she reveals that her seemingly perfect life has been a lie. After publicly admitting that she has separated from her husband, Jake (Paul Adelstein, Private Practice, Scandal), America's once-favorite girlfriend finds her career and marriage in a free fall. As she starts to navigate life as a single woman in her 40s, Abby turns to her new divorced friends including Lyla (Janeane Garofalo, Reality Bites) and Phoebe (Beau Garrett, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior) for advice. Meanwhile, a rival attorney at Lyla's firm, Delia is hired as Abby's divorce attorney. Laverne Cox (Orange is the New Black) and Tony Award winning actress Bernadette Peters will guest star in season one.
We of course covered the tributes to Robin for TV series, but now we have a movie one. ENCORE will commemorate the life and work of the multifaceted, multi-award-winning entertainment icon, Robin Williams (Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb - in theaters December 18, 2014), with a film tribute on Sunday, August 17 beginning at 3pm ET/PT on ENCORE. The tribute will feature the Oscar(R) winning film Good Will Hunting, for which he won an Oscar(R) for Best Supporting Actor, One Hour Photo, Cadillac Man, RV and the Oscar(R) nominated film Awakenings. An Oscar(R), Golden Globe(R), Emmy(R) and Grammy(R) award winner, Williams was an immensely talented and accomplished actor, comedian, voice actor, film producer and screenwriter. The movies will air in order that we mentioned from 3pm-12:30am. Stay with us for any further tributes or specials relating to the late Robin Williams.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.