Thursday, August 14, 2014
Bravo's First Original Scripted Series Premieres in December; Encore Remembers Robin Williams with Films
Bravo Media and Universal Cable Productions (UCP) announce additional casting for its first scripted series Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce, along with a premiere date: Tuesday, December 2 at 10p.m. ET/PT on Bravo. Alanna Ubach (See Dad Run, Meet the Fockers) joins the cast as Jo, a blunt, brassy New Yorker and Abby's best friend from college who comes to LA to help Abby (Lisa Edelstein, House) through her divorce. In addition, Matthew Glave (Growing Up Fisher") and Virginia Williams (Fairly Legal) will recur as Gordon and Courtney Beech, a high-profile fashion couple currently going through a divorce handled by Delia (Necar Zadegan, Emily Owens, MD). Bravo's first original scripted series, Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce, follows Abby, a self-help book author and guru of all things family who shocks the world when she reveals that her seemingly perfect life has been a lie. After publicly admitting that she has separated from her husband, Jake (Paul Adelstein, Private Practice, Scandal), America's once-favorite girlfriend finds her career and marriage in a free fall. As she starts to navigate life as a single woman in her 40s, Abby turns to her new divorced friends including Lyla (Janeane Garofalo, Reality Bites) and Phoebe (Beau Garrett, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior) for advice. Meanwhile, a rival attorney at Lyla's firm, Delia is hired as Abby's divorce attorney. Laverne Cox (Orange is the New Black) and Tony Award winning actress Bernadette Peters will guest star in season one.
We of course covered the tributes to Robin for TV series, but now we have a movie one. ENCORE will commemorate the life and work of the multifaceted, multi-award-winning entertainment icon, Robin Williams (Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb - in theaters December 18, 2014), with a film tribute on Sunday, August 17 beginning at 3pm ET/PT on ENCORE. The tribute will feature the Oscar(R) winning film Good Will Hunting, for which he won an Oscar(R) for Best Supporting Actor, One Hour Photo, Cadillac Man, RV and the Oscar(R) nominated film Awakenings. An Oscar(R), Golden Globe(R), Emmy(R) and Grammy(R) award winner, Williams was an immensely talented and accomplished actor, comedian, voice actor, film producer and screenwriter. The movies will air in order that we mentioned from 3pm-12:30am. Stay with us for any further tributes or specials relating to the late Robin Williams.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.