Tuesday, July 10, 2012
A couple of weeks ago we told you about Mike & Molly coming to local broadcast syndication in Fall 2014 and that a cable deal would be announced soon, well now it has! FX has acquired the exclusive cable rights from from Warner Bros. Domestic TV Distribution. The cable network also had the ability to air the series in all dayparts. The sitcom will join off-network sitcoms How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men on the FX line-up. FX will pay a reported $750,000 per episode. That is well below what 2 Broke Girls was sold to TBS, which was a whopping record of $1.7 million per episode.
Mike & Molly will be entering its third season this coming fall on CBS. The series stars Billy Gardell and Melissa McCarthy in a comedy about a working-class Chicago couple who had almost given up on love... and then found each other.
Moving on, last week we mentioned we didn't know if Sabrina, the Teenage Witch will remain anywhere on the weekday schedule when ALF replaces it on Thursday nights beginning next week (Thursday, July 19) from 8-10pm. Now we know. The Melissa Joan Hart comedy will no longer be airing anywhere during the week, but will remain airing on Sunday nights (early Monday mornings) at 3:00am & 3:30am. All is not lost though! The Hub will air a Sabrina, the Teenage Witch marathon on Monday, July 23 from 9am-2pm. Be sure to catch the sitcom then or you'll have to stay up late on Sunday nights to see it. As a reminder, Mon-Thurs in primetime will now have the sitcom blocks from 8-10pm (Mork Mondays, Happy Tuesdays, Facts Wednesdays and ALF Thursdays) starting next week leading into an hour of The Wonder Years at 10. And for ALF Week only (July 16-19) hosted by ALF, ALF will air at 7:30pm leading into the primetime block. Batman: The Animated Series will take over the following week at 7:30pm.
Rest of the Mon-Thurs line-up still has Laverne & Shirley and Batman at 11, leading into animation from 12am-2am. Then from 2-6am it is a repeat of 8pm-12am. Late night Fridays and Saturdays will no longer have sitcoms (movies are taking over), so Sunday nights after Lois & Clark will be the only chance to catch Doogie Howser, Family Ties, and Sabrina, The Teenage Witch from 2-4am.
Keep it right here for any further schedule updates for The Hub and their sitcom line-up!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.