Tuesday, July 10, 2012
A couple of weeks ago we told you about Mike & Molly coming to local broadcast syndication in Fall 2014 and that a cable deal would be announced soon, well now it has! FX has acquired the exclusive cable rights from from Warner Bros. Domestic TV Distribution. The cable network also had the ability to air the series in all dayparts. The sitcom will join off-network sitcoms How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men on the FX line-up. FX will pay a reported $750,000 per episode. That is well below what 2 Broke Girls was sold to TBS, which was a whopping record of $1.7 million per episode.
Mike & Molly will be entering its third season this coming fall on CBS. The series stars Billy Gardell and Melissa McCarthy in a comedy about a working-class Chicago couple who had almost given up on love... and then found each other.
Moving on, last week we mentioned we didn't know if Sabrina, the Teenage Witch will remain anywhere on the weekday schedule when ALF replaces it on Thursday nights beginning next week (Thursday, July 19) from 8-10pm. Now we know. The Melissa Joan Hart comedy will no longer be airing anywhere during the week, but will remain airing on Sunday nights (early Monday mornings) at 3:00am & 3:30am. All is not lost though! The Hub will air a Sabrina, the Teenage Witch marathon on Monday, July 23 from 9am-2pm. Be sure to catch the sitcom then or you'll have to stay up late on Sunday nights to see it. As a reminder, Mon-Thurs in primetime will now have the sitcom blocks from 8-10pm (Mork Mondays, Happy Tuesdays, Facts Wednesdays and ALF Thursdays) starting next week leading into an hour of The Wonder Years at 10. And for ALF Week only (July 16-19) hosted by ALF, ALF will air at 7:30pm leading into the primetime block. Batman: The Animated Series will take over the following week at 7:30pm.
Rest of the Mon-Thurs line-up still has Laverne & Shirley and Batman at 11, leading into animation from 12am-2am. Then from 2-6am it is a repeat of 8pm-12am. Late night Fridays and Saturdays will no longer have sitcoms (movies are taking over), so Sunday nights after Lois & Clark will be the only chance to catch Doogie Howser, Family Ties, and Sabrina, The Teenage Witch from 2-4am.
Keep it right here for any further schedule updates for The Hub and their sitcom line-up!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 1
The Goldbergs - "The Kara-te Kid" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Inspired by the “Karate Kid” films, Adam and the other Adam Goldberg face off in a karate match to settle once and for all a long-running feud. Barry and Adam go to Uncle Marvin for training, but the only thing they learn is how to clean an apartment. Meanwhile, when Erica and Geoff’s relationship becomes public, they realize that they aren’t the good guys.
Modern Family - "Finding Fizbo" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cam is enraged when he receives an online video showing someone has been desecrating his beloved Fizbo costume, which sets him on a quest to restore Fizbo’s good name. Meanwhile, Phil is in for quite the surprise when he finally meets his new soon-to-be step-brother at Frank’s bachelor party. Finally, Manny’s newest play hits a little too close to home for Gloria, Claire and Haley when he enlists them to do a read through before he submits it to a young playwright festival.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "A Cricket's Tale" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
We get to see a typical day in Cricket's world and then a possible redemption when his family intervenes. Will Cricket finally move on from the gang, finding love in the process? Will Cricket go from filthy beast to his former self, Matthew Mara?
Man Seeking Woman - "Cake" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Josh lets Mike throw him a bachelor party and soon comes to regret it.
Schitt's Creek - "Motel Review" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While setting up his business, David meets a new friend; Johnny defends Alexis' work; Moira deals with a difficult guest.
Wednesday, March 1
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She opens up about how she and her husband Travis Schuldt balance work and parenthood – and if they will have more kids on People Now at 8:30am.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lauren Lapkus (Crashing/Clipped/Are You There, Chelsa?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Mackenzie appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick looks back on the first time he met Hugh Jackman on People Now at 8:30am.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan talks about 24: Legacy on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.