Tuesday, July 10, 2012
A couple of weeks ago we told you about Mike & Molly coming to local broadcast syndication in Fall 2014 and that a cable deal would be announced soon, well now it has! FX has acquired the exclusive cable rights from from Warner Bros. Domestic TV Distribution. The cable network also had the ability to air the series in all dayparts. The sitcom will join off-network sitcoms How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men on the FX line-up. FX will pay a reported $750,000 per episode. That is well below what 2 Broke Girls was sold to TBS, which was a whopping record of $1.7 million per episode.
Mike & Molly will be entering its third season this coming fall on CBS. The series stars Billy Gardell and Melissa McCarthy in a comedy about a working-class Chicago couple who had almost given up on love... and then found each other.
Moving on, last week we mentioned we didn't know if Sabrina, the Teenage Witch will remain anywhere on the weekday schedule when ALF replaces it on Thursday nights beginning next week (Thursday, July 19) from 8-10pm. Now we know. The Melissa Joan Hart comedy will no longer be airing anywhere during the week, but will remain airing on Sunday nights (early Monday mornings) at 3:00am & 3:30am. All is not lost though! The Hub will air a Sabrina, the Teenage Witch marathon on Monday, July 23 from 9am-2pm. Be sure to catch the sitcom then or you'll have to stay up late on Sunday nights to see it. As a reminder, Mon-Thurs in primetime will now have the sitcom blocks from 8-10pm (Mork Mondays, Happy Tuesdays, Facts Wednesdays and ALF Thursdays) starting next week leading into an hour of The Wonder Years at 10. And for ALF Week only (July 16-19) hosted by ALF, ALF will air at 7:30pm leading into the primetime block. Batman: The Animated Series will take over the following week at 7:30pm.
Rest of the Mon-Thurs line-up still has Laverne & Shirley and Batman at 11, leading into animation from 12am-2am. Then from 2-6am it is a repeat of 8pm-12am. Late night Fridays and Saturdays will no longer have sitcoms (movies are taking over), so Sunday nights after Lois & Clark will be the only chance to catch Doogie Howser, Family Ties, and Sabrina, The Teenage Witch from 2-4am.
Keep it right here for any further schedule updates for The Hub and their sitcom line-up!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.