Thursday, March 13, 2014
Television icon, talk show host and comedic bestselling author Alan Thicke (Growing Pains), one of Hollywood's most famous dads on- and off-screen, will star in Unusually Thicke, a 14-episode original reality sitcom for TVGN premiering on Wednesday, April 16 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. Unusually Thicke puts the spotlight on a real-life modern family - Alan, his beautiful, spicy and much younger wife Tanya, and his dry-witted, often opinionated 16-year-old son Carter - in a series that follows the fun and humor that happens in their everyday lives. Dozens of special appearances from Alan's friends and family are featured throughout the season, including: his son and Grammy Award-winning recording artist Robin Thicke, television star David Hasselhoff (Knight Rider, Baywatch), television star and comedian Bob Saget (Full House), NBA basketball legend Magic Johnson, NHL all-star Wayne Gretzky, TV star and former teen idol John Stamos (Full House), talk show host and political commentator/comedian Bill Maher (Politically Incorrect), actor/writer/producer and talk show host Tom Green (The Tom Green Show), and many more. Unusually Thicke is an original series that blends reality television with situation comedy. The series is produced by Peacock Alley Entertainment.
Actress Cynthia Lynn, best known for her role as Colonel Klink's secretary Fraulein Helga in Hogan's Heroes, has died. She died on March 10 in Los Angeles, California, from multiple organ failure after being stricken with hepatitis. Ms. Lynn was 76.
Lynn appeared as Colonel Klink's secretary Fraulein Helga during the first season of Hogan's Heroes in 1965-1966. She returned in an uncredited part in the 1968 episode Will the Blue Baron Strike Again?. She played Eva in the 1971 episode Easy Come, Easy Go. In 1998, she was interviewed in the E! True Hollywood Story on Bob Crane.
Her sitcom guest appearances included The Farmer's Daughter, Mr. Terrific, The Odd Couple and Love, American Style. Other television shows on which she appeared included Surfside 6, The Eleventh Hour, Dr. Kildare, Mission: Impossible, The Six Million Dollar Man and Harry O. She appeared in the 1964 film Bedtime Story. In 2000, she released Escape to Freedom: An Autobiography of Cynthia Lynn.
Me-TV remembered Cynthia Lynn on March 12 by airing the Hogan's Heroes episode Movies Are Your Best Escape. The series airs Monday-Thursday at 9pm ET/PT.
She is survived by her daughter, Lisa Brando, whose father was Marlon Brando. Ms. Lynn was a Latvian-born beauty. She will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.