Saturday, March 29, 2014
- Six seasons and a movie? That could be in the works for NBC's Community, regardless of what NBC decides to do with the series. It appears that if NBC decides not to renew the series (which has been renewed every season, despite constantly struggling in the ratings), Sony is looking at plans for offering a sixth season on a streaming service. (Zap2it)
- Proving once again that Amazon Studios (yes, that same place that started by selling books almost two decades ago) is serious about competing with traditional television, Dana Delany has been cast in their latest pilot, a drama called Hand of God. Production is set to begin next month. (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Remember the Fox reality series Joe Millionaire? Well, the network is going in that direction again this with I Wanna Marry "Harry", a reality show where American women are tricked into thinking they're on a show where the winner gets to marry Prince Harry, a series that is sure to be either the most unrealistic reality show ever or the cruelest reality show ever. (Entertainment Weekly)
- As it turns out, Twitter is more powerful for TV series and stars than one would suspect. (Deadline)
- The Boondocks debuted on Adult Swim nine years ago, and hasn't had a new episode since 2010. But finally, the series is coming back for a fourth (and final) season, without creator Aaron McGruder, on April 21. (SitcomsOnline)
HOME MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- For the first time in a very long time, Mill Creek is releasing a season of a TV series that has never been seen on DVD, at least not in the US. On June 3, Highway to Heaven - The Complete Fourth Season arrives on DVD for the very first time.
- Meanwhile, on May 20, two more sitcoms from Sony will get a re-release from Mill Creek: The Jeffersons and The Facts of Life. Both sets will include the first two seasons, although it should be noted that the re-release of the first season of The Facts of Life has been available for a while at most retailers.
- Time-Life/StarVista is hard at work on their complete series set for The Wonder Years, but before they get too far ahead, they're interested in knowing what you think are the best episodes of the series, so that they can prepare special features for those episodes. You can tell them on their Facebook page.
APRIL 1 HOME MEDIA RELEASES
- The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes (DVD, $24.98): This best of release from RLJ Entertainment contains 20 of Mary Tyler Moore's best performances on the series.
- I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (DVD, $14.98): A value priced re-release of the first two seasons of a series from Mill Creek.
- Newsradio - Seasons 1 and 2 (DVD, $14.98): Another value priced re-release of the first two seasons of a series from Mill Creek.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.