Tuesday, March 11, 2014
ABC Family has announced the summer premieres of three highly-anticipated new original series, including the riveting drama Chasing Life and hilarious comedies Young & Hungry, starring Emily Osment, and Mystery Girls, starring and executive produced by Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth. Fan favorites Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth and The Fosters also return in June with brand-new episodes. New drama Chasing Life will premiere Tuesday, June 10, at 9:00pm ET/PT, following the fifth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars at 8:00pm. The series will hit a milestone 100 episodes during its fifth season. ABC Family will premiere two all-new comedies on its Comedy Wednesday line-up. Young & Hungry, executive produced by Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical) and starring Emily Osment, premieres Wednesday June 25, at 8:00pm ET/PT. Then Mystery Girls, starring Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth, also premieres Wednesday, June 25, at 8:30pm ET/PT, following Young & Hungry. The comedy series follows two former detective TV show starlets brought back together by a real-life mystery. And finally, Switched at Birth premieres with all-new episodes on Monday, June 16, at 8:00pm ET/PT. The award-winning series returns to complete its third season by picking up the day after the winter finale. Then The Fosters returns for its second season on Monday, June 16, at 9:00pm ET/PT. Stay with us for news on Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, as they should return in late summer or early fall since they are still airing currently on Wednesdays and will run through at least end of April.
Raising Hope is ending after this season. Critically acclaimed comedy Raising Hope will end its four-season run with a special one-hour farewell event Friday, April 4 at 9:00 & 9:30 PM ET/PT. The series finale kicks off with the all-new episode "How I Met Your Mullet" at 9:00 PM ET/PT, in which guest star Lesley Nicol (Downton Abbey) plays Jimmy (Lucas Neff) and Sabrina's (Shannon Woodward) new maid. Then, in "The Father Daughter Dance" at 9:30PM ET/PT, Virginia's (Martha Plimpton) dad (guest star Jeffrey Tambor, Arrested Development) returns to Natesville with a big surprise for her and Burt (Garret Dillahunt), including a musical performance by Kenny Loggins (guest-starring as himself).
Raising Hope, created by Greg Garcia (My Name is Earl) premiered in the fall of 2010. Starring Emmy Award winners Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman, Garret Dillahunt, Lucas Neff, Shannon Woodward and Gregg Binkley, the series follows a lovingly dysfunctional family as they raise an adorable yet unexpected addition to the family - a little girl named Hope (Rylie & Baylie Cregut). In 2011, Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman were both nominated for Primetime Emmy Awards for their leading (Plimpton) and guest (Leachman) roles on the show. Don't miss the final five installments, beginning this Friday at 9:30 PM ET/PT with the all-new "Dinner With Tropes" episode, featuring guest star Judith Light (Who's The Boss?) as Virginia's boss.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.