Tuesday, March 11, 2014
ABC Family has announced the summer premieres of three highly-anticipated new original series, including the riveting drama Chasing Life and hilarious comedies Young & Hungry, starring Emily Osment, and Mystery Girls, starring and executive produced by Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth. Fan favorites Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth and The Fosters also return in June with brand-new episodes. New drama Chasing Life will premiere Tuesday, June 10, at 9:00pm ET/PT, following the fifth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars at 8:00pm. The series will hit a milestone 100 episodes during its fifth season. ABC Family will premiere two all-new comedies on its Comedy Wednesday line-up. Young & Hungry, executive produced by Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical) and starring Emily Osment, premieres Wednesday June 25, at 8:00pm ET/PT. Then Mystery Girls, starring Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth, also premieres Wednesday, June 25, at 8:30pm ET/PT, following Young & Hungry. The comedy series follows two former detective TV show starlets brought back together by a real-life mystery. And finally, Switched at Birth premieres with all-new episodes on Monday, June 16, at 8:00pm ET/PT. The award-winning series returns to complete its third season by picking up the day after the winter finale. Then The Fosters returns for its second season on Monday, June 16, at 9:00pm ET/PT. Stay with us for news on Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, as they should return in late summer or early fall since they are still airing currently on Wednesdays and will run through at least end of April.
Raising Hope is ending after this season. Critically acclaimed comedy Raising Hope will end its four-season run with a special one-hour farewell event Friday, April 4 at 9:00 & 9:30 PM ET/PT. The series finale kicks off with the all-new episode "How I Met Your Mullet" at 9:00 PM ET/PT, in which guest star Lesley Nicol (Downton Abbey) plays Jimmy (Lucas Neff) and Sabrina's (Shannon Woodward) new maid. Then, in "The Father Daughter Dance" at 9:30PM ET/PT, Virginia's (Martha Plimpton) dad (guest star Jeffrey Tambor, Arrested Development) returns to Natesville with a big surprise for her and Burt (Garret Dillahunt), including a musical performance by Kenny Loggins (guest-starring as himself).
Raising Hope, created by Greg Garcia (My Name is Earl) premiered in the fall of 2010. Starring Emmy Award winners Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman, Garret Dillahunt, Lucas Neff, Shannon Woodward and Gregg Binkley, the series follows a lovingly dysfunctional family as they raise an adorable yet unexpected addition to the family - a little girl named Hope (Rylie & Baylie Cregut). In 2011, Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman were both nominated for Primetime Emmy Awards for their leading (Plimpton) and guest (Leachman) roles on the show. Don't miss the final five installments, beginning this Friday at 9:30 PM ET/PT with the all-new "Dinner With Tropes" episode, featuring guest star Judith Light (Who's The Boss?) as Virginia's boss.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, December 5
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Man with a Plan - "Holey War" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the kids won’t admit who put a hole in the wall, Adam and Andi team up to get the culprit to confess.
2 Broke Girls - "And the About FaceTime" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy and Max get tired of Caroline being the third wheel on their FaceTime dates, Randy sets her up with one of his co-workers. Also, Oleg is distraught when Sophie tells him to trade in his beloved car for a minivan.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Celebration Experimentation" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After more than nine years together, the gang finally celebrates Sheldon’s birthday, surprising him with a special guest. Christine Baranski, John Ross Bowie, Sara Gilbert and Wil Wheaton return, joined by special guest star Adam West.
American Dad - "Bahama Mama" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan gets upset at the idea of becoming a grandfather after Hayley and Jeff announced they're trying to have a baby; Steve and Klaus join a drug gang.
People of Earth - "Last Day on Earth" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gerry says goodbye to StarCrossed as he readies for his own long-awaited experience; Jonathan Walsh shares game changing information with Ozzie; Don and Kelly go on a date.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.